ADVERTISEMENT

What? Nothing about a "new " coach?

Nobody in their right minds would be calling for firings after winning a game over an FCS team that isn't even one of the better teams at that level, but at the same time, saying anything more than "Oh good they won" is hyperbole. The way they started this game today would have seen them in a potentially insurmountable hole against a team with a room-temperature IQ and half-decent talent. Fortunately, it was Fordham.

New quarterback can’t happen soon enough. AM blows, is the worst regular fulltime player in school history

If it doesn’t, red carpet is pre-rolled for a new coach

Anyone who took anything from today’s game is a complete moron

We didn't look that good today. We just wore down an inferior opponent after one quarter.
I think we only had two penalties? 2 false starts.

Manning and Banks.
New quarterback can’t happen soon enough. AM blows, is the worst regular fulltime player in school history

your schtick is old.

he had a pretty good game and this is how you respond. We get it. You hate Martinez.

I think we only had two penalties? 2 false starts.

Manning and Banks.

your schtick is old.

he had a pretty good game and this is how you respond. We get it. You hate Martinez.
He sucks. Always has, always will.

My ‘schtick’ is honesty. By all means pound your chest about today’s huge W. I’m sure the coach and qb will be swagging around town all week.

I think there are some things that can be taken from this game. (1) It is good to have a kicker who can put the ball out of the end zone. (2) Toure is a solid pickup for this offense and is a bigger Wandale at 6'3". (3) Some of the younger guys that are a mystery play with zeal and heart (albeit perhaps against a depleted and gassed Fordham). (4) Our return games (KO and punt) are an absolute mess. Blocking, scheme and returns are just a nothingburger. (5) Our OL seems to be in better condition than past years but has no coaching or scheme and is a glaring weakness moving forward. (6) AM should not be counted on for anything more than (a) play action to a receiver with a 20 yard cushion who can stop and (b) a swing pass (and even those are 60/40 at best). (7) The gap between SM and LM is not very wide (which could be a positive or a negative).

I think a lot of Husker fans are ready to "buy in" again after tODAY. Unfortunately seems like a lot of people on here are choosing to remain negative....oh well who needs 'em GBR!!!
I watched the Buffalo game. Would not be surprised if Buffalo is the favorite going into that game. They have a stud RB, linebackers are good, and LOS does not favor Nebraska in this game.

I wanted Frost to work out, but I also watch other games.

Glorified scrimmage but at least we got to see the backup QB who as I was told, is Logan Smothers......

I think a lot of Husker fans are ready to "buy in" again after today. Unfortunately seems like a lot of people on here are choosing to remain negative....oh well who needs 'em GBR!!!
This game really means little. That first quarter was very disappointing. We were getting it handed to us by an at best midrange FCS team. All three phases of our team looked weak. There is nothing to gloat about with this win. It hopefully builds some confidence and it got some snaps for Logan. That's about it. Maybe it will signal the end of CTB at punt returner....hopefully.

What’s worse Huskers losing to IL away or #2 team in country at home almost losing to lowly Tulane? Shows “any given Saturday” but I suppose they should be calling for Lincoln Riley’s head too.. Misery loves company especially bored “Husker” fans sitting around their computer taking any fun out of a win.
I’m long Frosty and so is our New AD so get used to it.

What’s worse Huskers losing to IL away or #2 team in country at home almost losing to lowly Tulane? Shows “any given Saturday” but I suppose they should be calling for Lincoln Riley’s head too.. Misery loves company especially bored “Husker” fans sitting around their computer taking any fun out of a win.
I’m long Frosty and so is our New AD so get used to it.
“And so is our AD”. You sure about that?

Seemed like a popular thread last week. This week, meh!!!

Don't think anything that happened today changed anyone's minds about how they feel about our HC. Next week either for that matter. OU is his next chance to create something that is possible for those people to change their minds. Honestly I don't even think OU is fair. I expected to get trounced. MSU probably next true chance to prove something.

That said I'm happy to win any damn game. So count me in as good job.

Holla

Don't think anything that happened today changed anyone's minds about how they feel about our HC. Next week either for that matter. OU is his next chance to create something that is possible for those people to change their minds. Honestly I don't even think OU is fair. I expected to get trounced. MSU probably next true chance to prove something.

That said I'm happy to win any damn game. So count me in as good job.

Holla
Soooo many people rooting for him to fail this year and be gone. That's a wild psychological thing to evaluate.

“And so is our AD”. You sure about that?
No more sure than you…since we don’t work in the athletic dept. and Trev is a couple months into the job and the season is 2 weeks old so of course nothings set in stone. But that’s my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT