ADVERTISEMENT

What McDermott did is worse than anything Teddy Allen has done

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Because of that, he must mutually part ways with the University of Creighton and prepare for the next chapter of his basketball career.

Sure Teddy might have sparked a blunt or two in his day or missed a meeting here or there, but McDermott has contributed to the systemic racism that many of these young athletes have endured over the years. These men came to the University of Creighton with hopes of escaping that and growing in a professional environment where modern day sensibilities and viewpoints based on respect and understanding existed. Those hopes were crushed in an instant by a man who views himself as a plantation owner.

The University of Creighton at Plantation must act quickly lest they be forever known as the academic institution that puts basketball wins above the well-being of student-athletes.

You're serious? Come on - this whole thing is waaaay over the top! I'm all for respect, but I'm also getting sick of all of the political correctness to the point where you can't have a decent conversation without measuring every word that's spoken! I've known GM for a lot of years and he doesn't have a prejudice bone in his body!

Who is McDermott? Our bowling coach?

As for Creighton, they are opening a new medical college this Fall in Phoenix. Not sure about their relevance to Big Red Country. I do recall they used to have a tiny almost Whites-only campus in Omaha, about the size of a small plantation.

Because of that, he must mutually part ways with the University of Creighton and prepare for the next chapter of his basketball career.

Sure Teddy might have sparked a blunt or two in his day or missed a meeting here or there, but McDermott has contributed to the systemic racism that many of these young athletes have endured over the years. These men came to the University of Creighton with hopes of escaping that and growing in a professional environment where modern day sensibilities and viewpoints based on respect and understanding existed. Those hopes were crushed in an instant by a man who views himself as a plantation owner.

The University of Creighton at Plantation must act quickly lest they be forever known as the academic institution that puts basketball wins above the well-being of student-athletes.
Systematic Racism... Lol.. Can you please tell me your pronouns while you are at it?

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Plantation, Ranch , Farm what the hell ‘s the big difference...
All comes down where people were brought up..

Reactions: Baxter48

Thank you Kamala Harris...boy are you full of s%$#

Pretty sure this is satire, just not funny. Although it is entertaining to see people's knee-jerk, red-faced reactions.

Cmon man. Don't come here all jealous of Creighton. Knock it off.

He should apologize for what he said and have a conversation about old sayings that people don't realize have racist or sexist back stories like "rule of thumb." But it's not a reason to fire someone.

"Sold down the river" is another one people use without realizing it's a slavery term.

Just saw this on espn.com as I generally don't follow basketball of any sort. What is wrong with McDermott? How idiotic can you be?

Just saw this on espn.com as I generally don't follow basketball of any sort. What is wrong with McDermott? How idiotic can you be?

I think they refer to this kind of thing as a mistake, and kudos for the way Greg handled it. Immediately fell on his sword, no excuses offered, didn't lie about what happened or attempt any sort of cover up, offered to resign...and kudos to the players for coming to his defense.

I watched a very uncomfortable presser from a political figure yesterday that was the polar opposite of how Greg handled this issue. ...and Greg didn't even kill anybody.

So major kudos to Greg, I hope CU makes a nice tourney run and his players rally for him.

I'll let Creighton figure it out. I don't pay attention to Creighton sports.

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT