ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of protection do you wear?

I wear a mask whenever I am in a store. Don't really go anywhere else inside where there are other people. Just went to Costco this morning and everyone wears one there. When I am outside I don't wear a mask but I never get very close to anyone. (my wife says I've been practicing social distancing my whole life. Not quite in Howard Hughes or Howie Mandel's league but never liked anyone too close to me). I always have to say something to my 80 year old next door neighbor, a widower. (If his wife Mary could come back from the grave she would slap him. She was tough and kept him on track. Unfortunately for her cigarettes will kill you). He has terrible hygiene habits and he plays golf three times a week with bunch of old men who I bet aren't any better at being clean or social distancing.. I haven't played golf yet but my brother wants to start playing. I will play with him, but nobody else. Here in Washington the governor has mandated that everyone has to start wearing a mask in public beginning tomorrow, Friday, July 26. It will be interesting to see how that goes. I am betting no cop is going to ticket anyone without a mask and I think compliance will be sporadic at best.

Reactions: dinglefritz
People tend to stay more than 6 feet away from away from me, no idea why.

Zipper-Mouth-Gag-Open-Eyes-Full-Gimp-Head.jpg

I just went for a quick one hour bike ride and rode the Papio trail behind Westchester ball fields...and to show how hard up people are to get out and attend any event... there were ar least 60 people there...easily 3 times more than normal. Zero social distancing in the stands or the people sitting along the baselines in their chairs...players huddled up close to the coach...zero face masks. Not a single one.

The number of people I see with their big, stupid nose hanging out the top of their mask makes me want to lose my f***ing mind. About as effective as cutting the top off a condom.

Everyone wants to cry about how hard it is to breathe like there's some rash of surgeons and nurses fainting in the OR when they have to do surgery with one on. Dudes can wear one to spray paint cars all day but you can't survive 15 minutes of light walking in Hy-vee.

I have access to a bunch of KN-95 masks that our work ordered for resale back in March. I try to wear mine any time I'm indoors in a public space or going to be around non-family. You get used to it really fast, a lot of times now I forget to take it off again.

I was just in Omaha for a few days and you sure notice how few people wear a mask in NE and Iowa. They're required in stores here in IL and everyone wears them to shop, fast food workers all have masks and gloves on when you pull up to the window. Our office building requires them in common areas and they've done a bunch of modifications to their HVAC systems, there is sanitizer and wipes available all over the building.

We stopped at a Burger King somewhere in western Iowa and the girl at the window had no mask and looked like the meth was getting a good start on rotting her teeth out of her mouth. Some people ought to wear one to hide how ugly they are...
I am required to wear a mask at work ,10-12 hours a day 6-7 days aweek.Something you just have to do so.....suck it up buttercup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT