ADVERTISEMENT

What is the craziest thing you have done...

maplesyrup95

Junior
Nov 26, 2014
after a Husker miracle? I jumped for utter joy and everyone in Memorial fell down about three rows when Westy caught the Hail Mary two years ago. I immediately started hugging people I didn't even know.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as the craziest, but it was the most painful. I watched the 1997 Missouri game at home. I sit on the floor when I watch NU games at home (a superstition, but we all know that superstitions work). One of my Great Danes was laying on the floor with me, his head in my lap. When Davison made THE CATCH I jumped up and screamed. That startled the dog, who also jumped up and slammed the top of his very large, very hard head into...well, you know where. That knocked me off balance and doubled me over with pain and so I smacked my face into the back of a recliner, splitting my lower lip. And I didn't care. I watched the rest of the game and listened to the post game show aching and still bleeding and it didn't bother me a bit.

I chastised an old blue hair couple for walking out right before the westy hail mary catch. My kids couldn't believe i did it, only to laugh a few minutes later when i was proved correct. Too bad there were in the tunnel and missed it.

That and the 57 yarder to beat Colorado. I spent 5 minutes calling Bo a dumbass only to knock over about 4 rows in the student section when he made that kick.

Doesn't qualify as a miracle resposnse but it was fun. Worked in a small town in Alabama back on Jan 1, 1995. The Plant manager was a huge Hurricane fan and we had jawed for weeks (in Bama territory so we both thought that was sweet) about the upcoming game. The game was played on a Sunday so we were off the next day for New Years. After the win, I went out and bought as many newspapers I could get my hands on and on the day off went in and plastered his entire office with the sports pages. He had an office with a ton of windows looking out into the plant so all everyone saw was Huskers this and Huskers that in the windows. Covered his chairs, desk and computer. Laughed the whole time....

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
I went to Iraq in 2009 to visit family I had never met before. We traveled down to a small town south of Baghdad called Diwaniya where my family is from. I never met my grandfather but I have heard so many stories about the man. In the house my grandfather built, my dad and I hooked up a satellite television and watched Nebraska destroy Arizona in the holiday bowl at 5AM. We damn near woke up the entire neighborhood. We couldn't believe we were watching a Nebraska game in that house. That was a miracle for both of us. I'll never forget watching that game. That was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

Reactions: Red Law and timnsun
Mainly running for me.

-Ran around the Arena lot at full speed (with a broken finger I fractured earlier in the day, unknowingly) after Westy's miracle against Northwestern.

-Ran up and down the same flight of stairs about 80 times after Henery kicked the game winner against Colorado.

-Did the equivalent of about 100 jumping jacks, jumping up and down after the Davison's catch against Mizzou.

-Probably the most painful, jumped off of a booth in the bar I was at and head went through the ceiling panel after Purify's game winner against A&M.

Reactions: bigboxes
Mainly running for me.

-Ran around the Arena lot at full speed (with a broken finger I fractured earlier in the day, unknowingly) after Westy's miracle against Northwestern.

-Ran up and down the same flight of stairs about 80 times after Henery kicked the game winner against Colorado.

-Did the equivalent of about 100 jumping jacks, jumping up and down after the Davison's catch against Mizzou.

-Probably the most painful, jumped off of a booth in the bar I was at and head went through the ceiling panel after Purify's game winner against A&M.

I like you. Cool

Mainly running for me.

So, it sounds like you plan your workouts around Husker wins.

Went into a topless bar in Lincoln after Nebraska beat OU in 1978, and I was WAY underage. I got to stay in there for about a half an hour. Talk about post game victory celebration, it was wild in there. And the sad part is, I don't remember even seeing a sign or knowing what the place was before we stepped inside, I just walked in with my brother.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
I and three other drunks climbed the fence on the north east corner of the stadium after the bars closed to test the first artificial turf ever installed at Memorial. Unfortunately, that was right after someone tried to plant an explosive device in the middle of ( I think) the Iowa State field. I had no more than scored my first touch down and every light in the stadium came on. We no more than cleared that same fence when we were greeted by what seemed like an army of security and Lincoln police. They were on high alert and we had eight hands against the north wall of the old brick building. We were hauled off to jail but fortunately they determined we were harmless and let us go that morning. It helped that two of us were NU students and the other two were leaving for Nam. What a night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT