ADVERTISEMENT

What is that feeling I have... is it hope?

Who are you and what have you done with Rambo?

I hope AM continues on this path, but we are all just waiting for the meltdown. It is a conditioned response.
ha just because I think AM limits our upside and I can't wait for him to be finished here doesn't mean I can't post objectively about his play & the way he's being managed, most of which is new data

call me a hero if you must (many are)

Those sound like some really good ideas, at least worth trying, but not sure they would tinker with that during the season. This is the kind of stuff they should have figured out in the off season. If I was coaching for my job though, I'd try to make some changes now rather than later, which might not come.
You are exactly right.

If I felt (unless a behind the doors agreement said otherwise) my job could be on the line without improvements in the OL, I would certainly make moderate changes a week at a time to try to improve that position.

That being the case, at that point SF doesn't even have to say anything to Trev, because he is showing Alberts through his actions that he is willing to change in order to try to keep his job.

Staying with the status quo in terms of OL personnel, he is essentially showing that he may not have any answers, and that's not what Alberts wants to see.

And then theoretically, in games when this OL continues to get its lunch ate, it further magnifies the weakness of the OL coach and by extension the inability to manage a position group by SF.

I'm not on a crusade here, I just see what should be obvious to anyone. This OL is bad, bad. We are relying on a stout defense to carry this entire team. That's great until we lose an essential player or two to injury or Covid.

I haven't said anything about the Husker D. I think Eric is doing a good job and has a ways to go. He/we fans, benefitted by the return of the Super Seniors and they are making the most of it.

My concern is NU's inability to pressure/sack the QB. I've seen #31 the transfer run up the back of his own defensive lineman time after time. So calling on him to blitz has been a no go.

Sorry for being so long.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
You mean the hope you had when we had OU 1st and 14 at the 4 yard line, and then 2nd and 10 at the 8 and really needed the defense to bow up and get a three and out with the chance to take over the ball around midfield with about 3 to 4 minutes to play, right before you watched OU peel off a 16 yard run and proceed to run off 4 of the final 5 minutes before we got the stop?

As they say, Hope springs eternal.

Correct, and different from other games, the average per attempt was over 10 yards. That is only the 5th game in his career that he averaged 10 yards per attempt.

2018 at Colorado
2018 vs Indiana

And all the games this year except Illinois.

If you can complete passes downfield, it will eventually free up the running game.

I will also say, and I am sure it was posted somewhere on here prior to this, Martinez not taking unnecessary hits in the running game. Sliding, running out of bounds, only running the ball 12 times instead of 15 or more.
Martinez getting to the meat of the B1G schedule healthy is an accomplishment in itself. And of course, more weapons in the receiving game = more downfield receiving yardage. And that is without Martin for the most part.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yards per Attempt is the most telling stat for quarterbacks

every year, the leaders in this category are either first round draft picks, playoff/conference contenders or both

10+ is elite territory, and if AM ends the season there, we will have 8+ wins
He really did play well against OU. Not perfect but about as good as any QB has for a long time at NU. The kid has talent and he in fact is a big problem for a DC to defense when he's on in the passing game. I think maybe the "nothing to lose" comments by his coaches might have turned him loose to play freely. Let's hope it continues.

He really did play well against OU. Not perfect but about as good as any QB has for a long time at NU. The kid has talent and he in fact is a big problem for a DC to defense when he's on in the passing game. I think maybe the "nothing to lose" comments by his coaches might have turned him loose to play freely. Let's hope it continues.
Looks like he ditched the "no fear of failure" and opted for "nothing to lose."

I'm just not seeing how he played so amazing. We scored 16 total points against a fairly soft Oklahoma defense. There was even a play I saw live where if he hits Manning on an in-route with no safety in sight, that's gone for 6, but instead AM rolls out and throws the ball away. He misses so many opportunities like these that most other qb's can see. So many gamebreaking plays are missed because AM can't read the coverage or find his receiver, or he makes bad decisions on critical downs.

ADVERTISEMENT