ADVERTISEMENT

What I'm hearing on the coaching search

Oct 12, 2016
We waited all this time for these horse sh*t hires.
200.gif

iu

Of course things will change....AM is now gone too. He has been all the problem.....right?
Not.
The problem is that the problems are so numerous that it makes it really hard to know where to focus for improvement.

AM has definitely been a part of the reason why we haven’t won more games. We lost games because he was either completely off that day against an inferior opponent, or he made a game-changing mistake, or he failed to make a play when we needed it and it was really there. But we also lost many games where he kept us in it, only to lose via some other means. Typically special teams.

AM has talent. And losing AM helps only if we have someone that can execute and be more clutch. I would like to see him really succeed at K-state or somewhere else, even Minnesota or Iowa. If he does, that reflects only on Frost and not Nebraska. The problem is our fans can’t seem to discriminate between the two.

The problem is that the problems are so numerous that it makes it really hard to know where to focus for improvement.

AM has definitely been a part of the reason why we haven’t won more games. We lost games because he was either completely off that day against an inferior opponent, or he made a game-changing mistake, or he failed to make a play when we needed it and it was really there. But we also lost many games where he kept us in it, only to lose via some other means. Typically special teams.

AM has talent. And losing AM helps only if we have someone that can execute and be more clutch. I would like to see him really succeed at K-state or somewhere else, even Minnesota or Iowa. If he does, that reflects only on Frost and not Nebraska. The problem is our fans can’t seem to discriminate between the two.
I'd like to see him go to ucla and beat usc

Reactions: Bjoe_ and jpile01

You would like to see him succeed at Iowa or Minnesota to reflect poorly on Nebraska? Wow.

Reactions: BrighteRed24

Hate To See It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Reactions: beaglehusker
You would like to see him succeed at Iowa or Minnesota to reflect poorly on Nebraska? Wow.
My quote:

I would like to see him really succeed at K-state or somewhere else, even Minnesota or Iowa. If he does, that reflects only on Frost and not Nebraska.

Reading comprehension is hard.

I want to him to succeed because his failures here are only partly his fault. If he succeeds in football going forward, I think the conclusion is that Frost failed him. Under no circumstance do I view that as Nebraska as a state or a university or a fan base has failed him. Given that, I will still feel good for him if he succeeds even if it’s with a team that is on our schedule. That does not mean I will root for him on the day he is actually playing against Nebraska.

Why those 3 schools?

We waited all this time for these horse sh*t hires.
200.gif

iu
Are you serious or are you a troll. The receivers that Joseph coached at LSU were All Americans and first round NFL picks.. Jamarr Chase who plays for the Bengals can't be covered one on one and Justin Jefferson is balling out in Minnesota. How is this pick bad with the talent Nebraska has at receiver it would seem to be a great fit.

I'm hearing we're forgoing a RB coach for a ST coach. RB are basically WR that get handed the ball, so Mickey can cover down. Especially in this age where many RB are hybrid wideouts anyway.

I'm hearing we're forgoing a RB coach for a ST coach. RB are basically WR that get handed the ball, so Mickey can cover down. Especially in this age where many RB are hybrid wideouts anyway.

That would be... interesting. I feel like we'd be better off having something like TEs and WRs coached together and having an actual RB coach. RB just seems like a position that should have an actual dedicated position coach.

That would be hard with our TE coach being the only offensive coach retained and Mickey coaching WR, though. Interested to see how it plays out.

That would be... interesting. I feel like we'd be better off having something like TEs and WRs coached together and having an actual RB coach. RB just seems like a position that should have an actual dedicated position coach.

That would be hard with our TE coach being the only offensive coach retained and Mickey coaching WR, though. Interested to see how it plays out.
This was just snark for WestCoast.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He can’t name names until after it’s been announced.
It's pretty easy to figure out. I've said he's a guy that westcoast named as a candidate to replace Frost. Herman supposedly was contacted early and said no thanks. Mullen is the only other guy on wc's head coach list that fits the OC role. That said, I've only heard from one guy that there was contact with Mullen so I'm not willing to pin my name with him being anyone remotely likely to take the job. He is available and as somebody else pointed out a day or two ago jilted lovers sometimes do unexpected things on the rebound. He may not care what his salary is and he probably isn't worried about his long term job security given his buyout. As I said, there have been some interesting names added to the list over the past few days. I'm willing to wait. Trev just said "We aren't going to rush the hire. We want to get it right".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT