ADVERTISEMENT

What if we only beat unranked teams?

I don’t understand the angst about Rhule’s records in the college ranks. He turned around two really bad situations and then went to try the NFL.

I fully expect him to eventually be capable of taking down elite teams but that takes more time and development sometimes.

Rhule’s only losses in 2019 were to elite Oklahoma and Georgia teams, both of whom he played tough.

Osborne struggled to take down elite teams for over a decade. Let Rhule get us back into the 8-10 win range and we will worry about the rest later.

I don’t understand the angst about Rhule’s records in the college ranks. He turned around two really bad situations and then went to try the NFL.

I fully expect him to eventually be capable of taking down elite teams but that takes more time and development sometimes.

Rhule’s only losses in 2019 were to elite Oklahoma and Georgia teams, both of whom he played tough.

Osborne struggled to take down elite teams for over a decade. Let Rhule get us back into the 8-10 win range and we will worry about the rest later.
Not really the point of this thread, just showing how even the talking point about Rhule not beating ranked teams still means Nebraska would win 9 games most years.

Osborne also beat a top ten team in his very first game (UCLA) I do believe. But we should not compare TO as that was a different era and a different, functioning program he took over anyway.

Reactions: Clevinger
Not really the point of this thread, just showing how even the talking point about Rhule not beating ranked teams still means Nebraska would win 9 games most years.

Osborne also beat a top ten team in his very first game (UCLA) I do believe. But we should not compare TO as that was a different era and a different, functioning program he took over anyway.
Tom Osborne also inherited a program that had won two national titles. He subsequently developed a reputation for not being able to beat elite teams that lasted really until about 1993, after which he went on a four year rampage and annihilated essentially all the competition.

I really am excited for Rhule. I think he has proven to be a great college coach. I don’t know what his ultimate ceiling is because of the way he switched jobs, but I believe he will make us good again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT