ADVERTISEMENT

What if I told you....

rimsnef

Walk On
Oct 11, 2004
...before the season that we would beat Penn State and our fan base would not be happy after the game. 2020 has been crazy!

The defense is finally respectable. Our offense hasn’t found an identity, but shows glimpses. We’ve got a decent kicker and punter. Many of the guys on the team with the highest ceiling are not ready for game time. I think we are seeing some of the youngsters that are ready for game action ball out though. A lot of what we are seeing is the culture transformation. These guys like Piper, Benhart, Robinson, Rogers, McCaffrey, Robinson, Betts, Scott, etc. are all freshmen or sophomores. It will be interesting to see how this team progresses through the next 4 games. Frost/Lubick seem to be throwing poop against the wall and seeing what sticks on offense. This will get better as they find out what the guys are good at. Anyways, just a few random thoughts from today’s game and the state of the program.

...before the season that we would beat Penn State and our fan base would not be happy after the game. 2020 has been crazy!

The defense is finally respectable. Our offense hasn’t found an identity, but shows glimpses. We’ve got a decent kicker and punter. Many of the guys on the team with the highest ceiling are not ready for game time. I think we are seeing some of the youngsters that are ready for game action ball out though. A lot of what we are seeing is the culture transformation. These guys like Piper, Benhart, Robinson, Rogers, McCaffrey, Robinson, Betts, Scott, etc. are all freshmen or sophomores. It will be interesting to see how this team progresses through the next 4 games. Frost/Lubick seem to be throwing poop against the wall and seeing what sticks on offense. This will get better as they find out what the guys are good at. Anyways, just a few random thoughts from today’s game and the state of the program.
I find it hard to say respectable when you give up 500 yards and have huge breakdowns.

There were some glimpses of a bright future ahead and once this team gels it is going to be really good. So far they have played three, yes three very good teams and the growing pains are showing from a young team but I think they are growing together fast.

I like watching the defense. They play hard. They aren’t gashed every play. They force turnovers. I wonder how many yards were on the last couple of drives + the blown coverage to the TE on the big pass play. I respect the defensive effort.

I think the ire is more based on losing a game last week that we should have won and its carried over. We keep thinking the team is going to turn the corner in a big way but it just hasn't happened.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT