ADVERTISEMENT

What I am hearing about OC

giphy.gif

Hmmm. Arkansas was a a disaster. Was play calling a huge factor in that?

At the very least the BIG 10 West and the SEC West are in different stratospheres of competition but I'm not sure Arkansas won any SEC games in his 2 seasons.

I hope it's someone who has a better track record of winning in the last few years.

I highly doubt he would leave Auburn and move his family to Nebraska for only 1 year. Never mind he's at a HS in Texas now. This could be true. How good has his offenses been in RZ efficiency? Can the teach a run game?
He isn’t coaching there, was fired when Malzahn was let go. I believe he’s unemployed.

Reactions: mgbreis

At the very least the BIG 10 West and the SEC West are in different stratospheres of competition but I'm not sure Arkansas won any SEC games in his 2 seasons.

I hope it's someone who has a better track record of winning in the last few years.
His teams averaged about 22 points per game in both years at Arkansas. Morris is 11-2 this year as a head coach. At Allen High School.

He didn't do well as a HC, does that mean he isn't a good OC?

His offense is similar to Malzahn’s. Most of Morris offensive principals he took from Malzahn.

His offense utilizes zone blocking and traditional man to man blocking schemes.

There is an element of option Taj Boyd and Deshaun Watson as a freshman we’re his QBs at Clemson.

His offense would be close enough to Frost’s that it wouldn’t be a the type of transition we saw from Pelini to Riley to Frost.

I hope it is true. Recruiting in Texas alone would improve. I think his name would also bring in some other players.

As a head coach, offensive PPG:
  • 2015 SMU 29 ppg (2-10 overall record)
  • 2016 SMU 28 ppg (5-7)
  • 2017 SMU 40 ppg (7-5, left before bowl game)
  • 2018 Arkansas 22 ppg (2-10)
  • 2019 Arkansas 22 ppg (2-8, fired after 10 games)
As OC at Clemson, he joined a staff that had gone 6-7 in 2010 and had scored 24 points per game. In 2011, with Morris as OC, Clemson averaged 39 points per game and finished 10-4 overall. The next year, his offense averaged 41 ppg and finished 11-2. The next year, his offense again average 41 ppg on another 11-2 squad. In 2014, that dropped to 31 ppg.

I highly doubt he would leave Auburn and move his family to Nebraska for only 1 year. Never mind he's at a HS in Texas now. This could be true. How good has his offenses been in RZ efficiency? Can the teach a run game?

Should help with Texas recruiting.
Yes, he's got strong ties down there, although it didn't seem to help him at Arkansas. Still, if you get a guy who's been a head coach twice, that's a lot of experience you're adding to the program. Based on the little I know about his offensive philosophy, he has a run-based spread approach. Clemson during its big run a few years ago seems to be his most potent example of offensive success.

Aww
how many yards per game rush average?
Chad Morris is not who you hire for an 80/20 ground and pound game. At Clemson at least he was averaging between 150-200 on the ground and around 300 in the air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT