What have we become? Make $170k, get a direct deposit from Govt today

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hearing the same. You may be getting your money now but come next tax filling season don’t expect to get back what you received last year. Your just getting it in advance
I could be wrong on this.
Yes and no.

Another thing it does besides what I said earlier ITT is it makes the credit 100% refundable even of your income is zero or negative. Prior to that a maximum of 1,400 was refundable per kid and you had to phase into the 1,400. So someone making 0 would get nothing.

Reactions: nelsonj22

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
It’s not a tax cut or government assistants. Your getting half of what you could claim on your 2021 tax’s, over 6 months. So if you have 2 older kids, you will get 3k over 6 months and claim the other 3k on your tax’s still. If you don’t like that you will get it, you can go to the website and deny the payments.
This is really all people need to know. Good post.

Reactions: cavalot

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
A permanent tax cut and you seem against it. SMH.
They don't know what they are truly for or against. Simply...."If it's red we is for it!" "If it's blue we is against it!"

pete-o-toole.jpg

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
A permanent tax cut and you seem against it. SMH.
Let’s give it to everyone, not just people with kids. Why are you discriminating against adults that don’t have children or parents who have adult children or retired adults? This just reinforces my suspicion you like discrimination as long as you get to pick the winners and losers.

Reactions: Bobfather

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Let’s give it to everyone, not just people with kids. Why are you discriminating against adults that don’t have children or parents who have adult children or retired adults? This just reinforces my suspicion you like discrimination as long as you get to pick the winners and losers.
People without kids don't need it. I think you are discriminating against people who decide to have kids.

Kids are the future of this country. If you choose to bring kids into this world then you are investing in this country's future and you should get a perk.

If you choose not to have kids, that is fine, but you already have many financial advantages by NOT have kids that you don't need yet another advantage.

One example: I have 3 kids. It costs damn near 50-60 bucks to go out to eat, even if it's fast food.

When my wife and I go out it's like 20-30. Think how much money parentless couples save, just on food alone.

I pay $300 a month for just one of my kids to take two different kinds of lessons (one sports, one music). My kid will be a good contributor to society because I do that. I also stimulate the economy by paying for these lessons.

I also have 2 kids in college which are damn expensive. I could have decided to not have kids and I would have a ton more money. I would not NEED a tax credit.

I would also like to point out that I don't even get this child credit because I make too much money. And you don't hear me bitching about the credit, even though I get zero benefit from it.

Last edited:
  • Love

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
People without kids don't need it. I think you are discriminating against people who decide to have kids.

Kids are the future of this country. If you choose to bring kids into this world then you are investing in this country's future and you should get a perk.

If you choose not to have kids, that is fine, but you already have many financial advantages by NOT have kids that you don't need yet another advantage.

One example: I have 3 kids. It costs damn near 50-60 bucks to go out to eat, even if it's fast food.

When my wife and I go out it's like 20-30. Think how much money parentless couples save, just on food alone.

I pay $300 a month for just one of my kids to take two different kinds of lessons (one sports, one music). My kid will be a good contributor to society because I do that. I also stimulate the economy by paying for these lessons.

I also have 2 kids in college which are damn expensive. I could have decided to not have kids and I would have a ton more money. I would not NEED a tax credit.

I would also like to point out that I don't even get this child credit because I make too much money. And you don't hear me bitching about the credit, even though I get zero benefit from it.
If I had3 kids and they were grown and out of the house, shouldn’t I be reimbursed for raising them? Your whole argument is colored by who it benefits. If you perceive that it benefits you are pleases your then you like it. Not really a Democrat/Republican thing.

Reactions: Bobfather

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
If I had3 kids and they were grown and out of the house, shouldn’t I be reimbursed for raising them? Your whole argument is colored by who it benefits. If you perceive that it benefits you are pleases your then you like it. Not really a Democrat/Republican thing.
Once the kids are grown the credit goes away. The credit is meant to help people with kids still living with them (dependents)

You can throw out my argument about how people who have kids are investing in this country's future and therefore get a perk (not sure why you'd throw that out, but it seems you are) , but that is what the credit is for. Doesn't matter to me how you feel about it, I am just pointing out the reality of it.

I agree it's not a dem/pub thing. It is a "people who decide to have kids also have more expenses and the government long ago decided to help those people out" thing.

People are better off financially NOT having kids. Nobody is getting rich off this tax credit if it makes you feel any better.

Nobody has kids just so they can get this credit, they are better off not having kids.

cohusker

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
You havent answered the question...genius (cough cough). Cuz you dont have an answer.

cohusker

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
I'll give you its buying votes from constituents in their district.... IF..

You give me the corporate lobbyists and elites are using campaign contributions to buy votes in congress.

The difference being one helps millions of people and the other helps hundreds.
Thanks for agreeing!

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ummmm because it helps stimulate the growth of more humans? That's kind of important since we are going to start shrinking soon without massive immigration. Reproduction rates are below replacement currently.

Reactions: philosophusker

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Ummmm because it helps stimulate the growth of more humans? That's kind of important since we are going to start shrinking soon without massive immigration. Reproduction rates are below replacement currently.

Wouldn't a decline in human population be good for the Earth, and the remaining humans? More resources and space for everyone sounds pretty exceptional to me. I don't understand why people would want the population to continue to grow.

What about global warming also?

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
Cmon OP get some basic facts right. It’s $300 per kid per month and phases out at $150,000 for married couples. Will also cut child poverty in half.
Haha you have no way to assert it will fit child poverty. You listen to and buy into too many press conferences.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Not shit, builds hard work and character.
While I agree, you can't possibly be in here advocating bringing back child labor right?

Guessing it was another one of your "my reading comp sucks so I don't get it" type of situations.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
While I agree, you can't possibly be in here advocating bringing back child labor right?

Guessing it was another one of your "my reading comp sucks so I don't get it" type of situations.
One thing you are finally correct on.

did I ever say to bring back child labor? You are the dumbest self proclaimed genius I have ever seen.

oh and your reading comp still sucks.

Latest posts