ADVERTISEMENT

What happens first?

It should be 10 wins in football - Frost has a 2 year head start on Hoiberg. Frost will have completed his 4th year before Hoiberg completes his 3rd.

A 10 win season merely puts you in the top 1/3 of the conference.

Ferentz has won 10 games twice in the last 5 years and won 10 games 3 times in his first 6 years.

I don’t expect Hoiberg to win a tourney game in year 2. Frost should have won 10 games by at least year 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Mayor will have at least two NCAA tournament wins before Frost wins a bowl game (he may have them before Frost appears in a bowl game).

Reactions: ridge222
Mayor will have at least two NCAA tournament wins before Frost wins a bowl game (he may have them before Frost appears in a bowl game).
Listen, you sound like the psycho ex a little. Just relax, if you love Fred more than you love your school we’ll let you on the bandwagon.

Not sure why this is getting killed, I don't think it's an outrageous statement at all. Hope he's wrong, but I ain't betting any money on it.
I think it's pretty outrageous actually. We're all disappointed in years 1 and 2, but it's not that hard to make and win a bowl game. A lot easier than winning two tourney games at a school playing in the BIG that has NEVER won one. I think giving any credence to that statement at all is both a slap in Frost's face and diminishes the task ahead of Fred at the same time. But we're all entitled to our opinions.

I think it's pretty outrageous actually. We're all disappointed in years 1 and 2, but it's not that hard to make and win a bowl game. A lot easier than winning two tourney games at a school playing in the BIG that has NEVER won one. I think giving any credence to that statement at all is both a slap in Frost's face and diminishes the task ahead of Fred at the same time. But we're all entitled to our opinions.

I think it's at least possible the Mayor has a huge year next year and makes the dance where anything can happen. Like I said, I ain't betting any money on it, but I've watched a lot of our football the last two years and I ain't betting any money on that either. I'm rooting for the bowl game personally, but it also wouldn't suck to win 2 games in the dance...but football wins out for me for sure.

Reactions: mgbreis
Man neither give much confidence. I have to lean towards tourney win. As mentioned it takes way way less time to flip a bball program vs football. I could see bball realistically making the tourney next year or year after. I don't see Frost getting close to 10 wins in the next 2 years.

I say they happen in the same year. Since football season comes before BB, then I guess it's football

Reactions: mgbreis
If we keep realistic expectations I think the next few years will be fun with both programs. I’d like to get pumped about baseball too!

Man neither give much confidence. I have to lean towards tourney win. As mentioned it takes way way less time to flip a bball program vs football. I could see bball realistically making the tourney next year or year after. I don't see Frost getting close to 10 wins in the next 2 years.

All the football team has to learn again is confidence. It will be amazing when it happens. Could be next year. The team starts winning every play more than losing and 10 wins is no problem.

ADVERTISEMENT