ADVERTISEMENT

What Happened to Forfeits?

At least they came to Lincoln and played...I understand not being able to play today with only bringing 6 pitchers to Lincoln but it should be forfeit and a win on our record since playing the 2 previous games...

I am glad we got 2 but with as close as standing are this game may need to be made up. How unsatisfying would it be if Indiana wins conference by 1/2 game over us or even if we win conference by 1/2 game. Problem is I don’t see a when. Pod this weekend and then Michigan. Could it be played Wednesday before michigan or Monday Memorial Day?
At least they came to Lincoln and played...I understand not being able to play today with only bringing 6 pitchers to Lincoln but it should be forfeit and a win on our record since playing the 2 previous games...

I absolutely agree, it should be a forfeit and a win for Nebraska. Guess what? B1G won't ever see it that way when Nebraska is involved. Can't wait for the divorce.

I absolutely agree, it should be a forfeit and a win for Nebraska. Guess what? B1G won't ever see it that way when Nebraska is involved. Can't wait for the divorce.
I would have no problem with the game just being canceled and not forfeited, if not for the complete B.S. the Big Ten pulled during volleyball season. To me this isn't an anti-Nebraska thing - it's the Big Ten having a few darling members for which it is always fully prepared to bend over.

If counted as a win on Nebraska's record, it would be counted the same for other teams in same situation. Result would probably be a push. Stop whining.

There is no baseball tourney. And this is not a big 10 vs Nebraska issue. 2 games were played when northwestern had 6 pitchers. I’m sure not everyone would have even come. In the covid era teams cancel. It’s sucks but it’s true. There is no precedent for forfeits in any conference. Tournaments are only place where forfeits happen and that is due to time constraints. I do fined it ridiculous that they call these games uncontested games tho
they are doing everything they can to ensure Neb doesn't get the number 1 seed heading into the big ten baseball tourney

If counted as a win on Nebraska's record, it would be counted the same for other teams in same situation. Result would probably be a push. Stop whining.

Disagree, because the others series were never started because of Covid..

NW sat out 2 full weeks before returning to play the series this weekend and they brought only 6 pitchers and Nebraska made them use them in two game’s...

We’ll see what Minnesota does next week and NW goes to Ioway City..

There is no baseball tourney.

What ??????
Do you mean to tell me that the BIG cancelled the baseball tourney just because Neb might get a #1 seed?

I can't believe it ...... when will these shenanigans ever cease?

What ??????
Do you mean to tell me that the BIG cancelled the baseball tourney just because Neb might get a #1 seed?

I can't believe it ...... when will these shenanigans ever cease?
I'm picking up on a little sarcasm here.

Disagree, because the others series were never started because of Covid..

NW sat out 2 full weeks before returning to play the series this weekend and they brought only 6 pitchers and Nebraska made them use them in two game’s...

We’ll see what Minnesota does next week and NW goes to Ioway City..
They evidently brought what was available. Better than not coming. That would have resulted in two less wins for Nebraska.

Northwestern baseball wasn't able to play today. That should be a forfeit!
Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings 😜.

On a serious note, I think it's like this..."out of an abundance of caution.....yadda yadda yadda.... don't want to force teams to play

I would have no problem with the game just being canceled and not forfeited, if not for the complete B.S. the Big Ten pulled during volleyball season. To me this isn't an anti-Nebraska thing - it's the Big Ten having a few darling members for which it is always fully prepared to bend over.
And the stuff with OSU in football. Don't qualify for the championship game? No problem, we'll just change the rules...

Reactions: scarletred
On the other hand, I'm grateful that they came at all. The alternative which they easily could have done was to say that they couldn't field a team and just cancelled the series. THAT would have been akin to what Wisconsin did to avoid NU this past fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT