What happened to Baby Boomers? Why are they so deranged and uninformed?

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
No, it actually means I win the thread.

It does seem your argument has bested Hardly, but he still has time to crush your bones. I'll be rooting for you, Jim.
I will award Hardly .25 points for the goalpost part. You get 10 points for the OP and number corrections. I receive 57 for the rest.

94husker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2014
Sadly, the percentage that are susceptible to internet brain rot (great term) in all generations is way too high. I cannot believe how gullible Americans are. It appears that for quite some time, there have been literally hundreds of suckers born every minute.

I had a Gen X buddy that used to post links to incredibly stupid shit from random hippie websites on his Facebook feed, until all of his friends convinced him to stop spreading the garbage and misinformation. He's a really smart guy... I don't know why it took him so long to figure out that these websites that no one has ever heard of are not reliable sources of information.
I think your buddy proved he wasn’t really as smart as you thought he was. Being able to provide correct answers on a test doesn’t always equate with critical thinking skills unfortunfortunately.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
That’s a bit of moving the goalposts. My FIL is a perfect example. Blue collar worker, probably in that $40k salary neighborhood with 4 kids. Spouse at home. Moved from Kansas to Papillion in 1990. Paid $75k, worth $250k today.

Same scenario today, that house is priced out of their budget.
And forget about sending your kids to college...

The college my son attends cost $25K out of the $40K a guy like your FIL makes.

And that is just room and board and fees. Tuition is another $56K on top of the $25K.

Reactions: Hardlyboy

wcbrooks

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Burlington, CT
I think the Black Prince said it best, “As you are so once was I. As I am so ye shall be.” We’ll see what happens when it takes you a roll toilet paper to wipe your ass and you can’t remember if you brushed your teeth with a comb—that’s if you have teeth, of course.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Well screw your numbers but I'll calc. 70k still work for 1990?

Ok
Income - 3.634%
Homes - 3.805%

Actually makes it closer.
Well yeah, but you said you could afford a home on $40k salary. Now we’re bumping it to almost $60k .

:)

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well yeah, but you said you could afford a home on $40k salary. Now we’re bumping it to almost $60k .

:)
Thats just a reference to the change in wage. Using 3.634% 40k now is $13k then.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Oathkeepers(and nearly all other LARPing Militias) are filled with a bunch of old people who think they are going to fight in a Civil War. They are so stupid and uninformed on the issues that they can easily be swayed into believing anything(see below). What happened to this Generation? Why are they so stupid and crazy?

Notice how the youngest person in that "meeting" is like 58? Boomers are so pathetic...

You know you stupid douche, you can continue to point out fringe groups on the right and then characterize 75 million people as being like them, and then I can do the same thing for people on your side by comparing them to people like, well, you.

But the reality is what Charles Barkley said a few weeks ago that most people in the USA of any race, political orientation, gender, etc. are generally nice people who want the best for them and others and don't want to hurt anyone.

The problem is that people in the media and frankly people like you stir the pot by comparing militia groups who are less than .05% of boomers to the mass of boomers themselves, when in reality it's the boomers who made it nice here for everyone else after them economically and it's the boomers who ended the cold war and the threat of nuclear annihilation started by generations before. It's the boomers who changed the society to where now a minority in the USA has a better life on average than anywhere else on earth. It's the boomers who have made it possible for this very internet forum and the smart phone you likely have.

The problem is the same as through history in that we have people like you, bomb throwers who have no good ideas and just run around mouthing off to the productive people. People like you eventually implode because you eventually alienate everyone, once they get tired of your crap.

• Haha
Reactions: scopeandtime

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
You know you stupid douche, you can continue to point out fringe groups on the right and then characterize 75 million people as being like them, and then I can do the same thing for people on your side by comparing them to people like, well, you.

But the reality is what Charles Barkley said a few weeks ago that most people in the USA of any race, political orientation, gender, etc. are generally nice people who want the best for them and others and don't want to hurt anyone.

The problem is that people in the media and frankly people like you stir the pot by comparing militia groups who are less than .05% of boomers to the mass of boomers themselves, when in reality it's the boomers who made it nice here for everyone else after them economically and it's the boomers who ended the cold war and the threat of nuclear annihilation started by generations before. It's the boomers who changed the society to where now a minority in the USA has a better life on average than anywhere else on earth. It's the boomers who have made it possible for this very internet forum and the smart phone you likely have.

The problem is the same as through history in that we have people like you, bomb throwers who have no good ideas and just run around mouthing off to the productive people. People like you eventually implode because you eventually alienate everyone, once they get tired of your crap.
I bolded all the things that made me laugh.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Billy graham and Ronald Reagan evangelized patriotism and now they are all in a big retarded cult.

the civil war would be hilarious. The staying power of the youth vs the boomers who had 2 die of heart attacks during the capital riot.
The only people who would be willing to fight in a Civil War among the younger generation would be those who young people who would be fighting alongside of the Boomers.

There are a lot more people in the boomer generation who would be willing to fight than in the other generations.

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
It's the "Fvck you, I got mine" mentality.

That and when they were in their prime working years you could have a house, a wife and 2 kids on one income in general. Those days are LONG gone. Boomers were actually very spoiled compared to what people have to deal with these days, but they don't get it.
Good god what a joke. It was much harder to have a house, a spouse, and 2 kids in the 1970s and 1980s than it is now. I had a freaking 8.25% mortgage and lived through times of double digit inflation.

The interesting thing is that you claim that we "don't get it" but you only lived during this time. We lived through both times so we have a basis to compare. You have nothing to compare to.

Our lifestyle was WAY more austere than the average lifestyle is now and we had to worry every day about a freaking nuclear war.

All I can say is up yours when you bag on me for what I've been able to earn and save all of my life because you don't think that you have enough and want free everything.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
What a clown you are.

I love clowns.

clowngif.gif

Reactions: scopeandtime

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
You act like the right doesn't think all liberals are represented by the anarchist douchebags out setting fires and vandalizing shit every night. Hint, we aren't, but right wing media sure does try and scare their audience into believing it.