ADVERTISEMENT

What exactly happened?

konaki

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2002
like many over the years I cut ties with RSS in the past year and I haven't looked back. I was a little surprised by what seems to be a shake up over on the scrolls with it's publishers. Can someone tell me what happened to people like Sean, Nate, etc. I noticed people are upset that Tunnel Talk is also victim of the shake up. Thanks

Am I the only person on this board who does not give a shit who writes for Rivals or who runs this board? I only come on here to chat with fellow Husker fans. I get that others like the articles and so on, but I refuse to pay for knowledge that is either, A) useless gossip that may or may not be true or B) true information that will eventually be made public anyway. And "expert" analysis is a dime a dozen which can be found in lots of places for free. And if we are all forced onto a new chat board and have to create new accounts I will do so. And in a few months on the new board, nobody will give a crap that we used to be on this board.

Am I the only person on this board who does not give a shit who writes for Rivals or who runs this board? I only come on here to chat with fellow Husker fans. I get that others like the articles and so on, but I refuse to pay for knowledge that is either, A) useless gossip that may or may not be true or B) true information that will eventually be made public anyway. And "expert" analysis is a dime a dozen which can be found in lots of places for free. And if we are all forced onto a new chat board and have to create new accounts I will do so. And in a few months on the new board, nobody will give a crap that we used to be on this board.
Word of advice.. Better go over and sign in if you want your original screen name before some Ioway douche steals it like from you.😩

It's funny how no one seems to want to spill the beans on the real story behind the scenes. Message boards were always so good telling the real stuff about players and coaches but now seem to clam up when the story is about themselves. Ha.

I see it is going to be a pay site. No more free board then?? I know the "special offer" is $1.00 for one year, but it looks as if after that it will be damn near $100 a year. No thanks. Guess my days of posting on the board are almost over. I won't even give them the damn $1.00.
Thus far I haven't paid anything for posting on that other site. I'd likely take the plunge for a buck, but I also put a reminder in my calendar at the 2nd week of May, next year to send an email and make sure I don't get charged the 99.00 after the one year. Had I thought the 99.00 represented a value I would have paid the money last September when I began on here.

I'm kinda like you, I don't care care who writes articles. I'd much prefer the banter and dialogue that goes on between forum members. We live in the age of information and the vast majority of that info is free.

Thus far I haven't paid anything for posting on that other site. I'd likely take the plunge for a buck, but I also put a reminder in my calendar at the 2nd week of May, next year to send an email and make sure I don't get charged the 99.00 after the one year. Had I thought the 99.00 represented a value I would have paid the money last September when I began on here.

I'm kinda like you, I don't care care who writes articles. I'd much prefer the banter and dialogue that goes on between forum members. We live in the age of information and the vast majority of that info is free.
My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: scarletred
At one time the "inside" information seemed to have some credibility, not so much anymore. It also seems like there has been a proliferation of YouTubers dedicated to various subjects, including for instance, Nebraska Football. So paying for content and non-existent inside information doesn't seem like a viable model now, at least compared to the past.

Also I think these "official" sites suffer from the same problem as the MSM with regard to politics: they want to stay in the good graces of the establishment and access to them, so they carefully filter information. I think more people are figuring out that paying for propaganda doesn't really make sense.

At one time the "inside" information seemed to have some credibility, not so much anymore. It also seems like there has been a proliferation of YouTubers dedicated to various subjects, including for instance, Nebraska Football. So paying for content and non-existent inside information doesn't seem like a viable model now, at least compared to the past.

Also I think these "official" sites suffer from the same problem as the MSM with regard to politics: they want to stay in the good graces of the establishment and access to them, so they carefully filter information. I think more people are figuring out that paying for propaganda doesn't really make sense.
When a football program like NU has been rolling around in the mud for most of two decades, it's hard to put much more lipstick on that pig.

Reactions: Truewooper
Yeah we tried to get the troll to do the decent thing but what do you expect from a douche from Iowa
Will be interesting to see what happens over there, because plenty can now filter back over and stir $&it before they eventually were banned..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Count me in that same group with you. I know this will tick some people off but I have been around enough FB and coaches to be dangerous to the point of having an idea of what is going on outside of just seeing a big play happen or not. That said, I do not read many of the articles if any unless there is some administrative thing going down. I don't need someone to tell me about how players are playing, I can see that and any fluff before games is just that.

Same lol. I mean Sean's okay, but not why I come here

Both sites kinda suck now....so if that's what they were going for....
there was some background I read, forgot where, but some guy that started rivals, then started 247sports, is the one now doing on3.. I guess Sean is buddies with him or decided to make a deal to bring his rival network over to on3.. he's probably getting some shares in the deal? who knows. So in my opinion, this is Sean leveraging the fan site, to help himself and another guy get the on3 network off the ground. To be honest, seems like this other guy only knows how to build sports networks, then sells them, and starts the whole thing all over again. I mean how many of these things do you need? I think it's just another money grab for those guys.

Is this site going away or not? If not, I see no reason to leave.

Your decision just helped me make a decision…

forest-gump-tom-hanks.gif

I’m outta here. Winking

Last edited:
I remember there was a bit of drama when a roz and h3 went to husker illustrated from husker max's board..
I remember when there was just a mailing list and gina links...and I would hassle oklahoma fans on being 3-8...lol
I think the worse drama was when tony davis might have stiff folks on tickets...and when I found out smitty the owner of netbuffs got kicked off cu's campus cause here went into files on players, to post info on the net...

there's probably too much info on NU now...it's not like back in the day when it was the world herald, si, or a football mag...I think the ken guy from the journal star, sipple and callahan should start a site.

I remember there was a bit of drama when a roz and h3 went to husker illustrated from husker max's board..
I remember when there was just a mailing list and gina links...and I would hassle oklahoma fans on being 3-8...lol
I think the worse drama was when tony davis might have stiff folks on tickets...and when I found out smitty the owner of netbuffs got kicked off cu's campus cause here went into files on players, to post info on the net...

there's probably too much info on NU now...it's not like back in the day when it was the world herald, si, or a football mag...I think the ken guy from the journal star, sipple and callahan should start a site.
That's nothing. In my day, there were only stone tablets. We chiseled messages, but had to wait for delivery. It was always slow because the wheel wasn't invented yet. You youngsters don't know how easy you had it with your dial up interweb thingy. Don't get Fred or Barney started! If you got a vacation it was when Fred clubbed you over the head with your own tablet. You could be out for weeks.

That's nothing. In my day, there were only stone tablets. We chiseled messages, but had to wait for delivery. It was always slow because the wheel wasn't invented yet. You youngsters don't know how easy you had it with your dial up interweb thingy. Don't get Fred or Barney started! If you got a vacation it was when Fred clubbed you over the head with your own tablet. You could be out for weeks.

6ippr0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT