ADVERTISEMENT

What ever happened to the quick passing game?

NorthWillRiseAgain

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 14, 2004
mobile.twitter.com
Watching UCF was an art. Yes, they had tons of speed against AAC defenses, but where is the fast paced passing out of the RPO?
Does Nebraska just not have QB’s that can make decisions fast enough? We barely run any sets close to what Frost ran at UCF.

We run QB designed runs more often in one game than they did per season.

Watching UCF was an art. Yes, they had tons of speed against AAC defenses, but where is the fast paced passing out of the RPO?
Does Nebraska just not have QB’s that can make decisions fast enough? We barely run any sets close to what Frost ran at UCF.

I think it is on the coaches too. It looked to me that Martinez was trying to go faster a couple of times today and the play was coming in late. Ever notice how much slower the Huskers get the play from the coaches once they get in or near the Red Zone?

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain

I thought Nebraska won the game today? Maybe I need to relook at the box score. Winking

Reactions: Jordak and Baxter48
That was the biggest thing that jumped out to me when I went back and watched UCF. How quick Milton made decisions, even on verticals throws.
They hit the seems a ton on simple routes any wr can run.
I’m glad Nebraska won, and they honestly looked good, but it is really no semblance of the type of offense he ran at UCF.
I’m fine if he finds a new identity for his offense, it’s just odd that he has never run something that sold Nebraska on him to begin with.

Speaking of "whatever happened to" where is Chris Hickman? I kinda thought he'd see the field more this year. There are players that just disappear. I'll admit that I'm not the most up-to-date on injuries and camp chatter.

Speaking of "whatever happened to" where is Chris Hickman? I kinda thought he'd see the field more this year. There are players that just disappear. I'll admit that I'm not the most up-to-date on injuries and camp chatter.

I saw him out there on a few plays. So he's there, moving around well I suspect.

He's not good. He's as slow as a TE and blocks like a receiver.

It does feel a bit like this is the "ball control" version of Frost's offense, like maybe he isn't quite convinced that he can simply boat race the opponent.

It does feel a bit like this is the "ball control" version of Frost's offense, like maybe he isn't quite convinced that he can simply boat race the opponent.
I'm still hopeful that some of the receivers we actually recruited end up being contributors. If Manning plays next season, and if one other scholarship guy steps up, that'd put Betts, Manning, Robinson and one more guy on the field as reliable pass catching options. I'm not encourages that we haven't seen more from the WRs, but I'm not going to give up on them just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT