ADVERTISEMENT

What Dr Rob said about the line

ctlbyr

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2007
Was listening to Dr Rob, I take what he says because he’s been there. Said they block at the D line instead of blocking through them. The pipe line blocked to the whistle. The only one on the line that has a little nasty is Jergens, make sense. Austin hasn’t produced in 4 years. I have lost faith in him

Was listening to Dr Rob, I take what he says because he’s been there. Said they block at the D line instead of blocking through them. The pipe line blocked to the whistle. The only one on the line that has a little nasty is Jergens, make sense. Austin hasn’t produced in 4 years. I have lost faith in him
Yep. And it's frustrating as hell to watch. That stuff can work fine in the AAC and Pac 12 world, but not the Big Ten.

Yep. And it's frustrating as hell to watch. That stuff can work fine in the AAC and Pac 12 world, but not the Big Ten.
I’ve seen a lot of football in my lifetime and you haven’t seen enough Pac8/12 football in your life time to make a statement like that, you’re sadly mistaken about USC and Washington football teams that don’t play physical…

I’ve seen a lot of football in my lifetime and you haven’t seen enough Pac8/12 football in your life time to make a statement like that, you’re sadly mistaken about USC and Washington football teams that don’t play physical…
Honest question since you must watch a lot of P12 games. Is their an O line in the PAC that you have seen this year that is worse than the one in Lincoln?

Honest question since you must watch a lot of P12 games. Is their an O line in the PAC that you have seen this year that is worse than the one in Lincoln?
You’re missing my point.. Not all PAC 8/12 football teams haven’t been physical…

Oregon started the spread in that conference and more open offense but ASU back in it’s day and USC, Washington and even UCLA play physical football…

You’re missing my point.. Not all PAC 8/12 football teams haven’t been physical…

Oregon started the spread in that conference and more open offense but ASU back in it’s day and USC, Washington and even UCLA play physical football…
No I get your point. But as someone who obviously watches P12 football. how do you compare this years crop with what you’ve seen in Lincoln.

When Leach was at WSU on the surface it looked like all fun and gun (or whatever he called his offense), but those boys could light people up, especially when they ran the ball. Downright nasty sometimes. They knew if they weren't physical he would lock them in a closet.

I listened to his podcast that he posted on Twitter. Starts at the 16-minute mark for anyone that wants to listen to it.

he flat out says it - Scott Frost's schemes do not allow for a pound the rock emphasis and it hurts the team.

Did you watch Oregan against tOSU
Did you watch Oregon against tOSU?

I listened to his podcast that he posted on Twitter. Starts at the 16-minute mark for anyone that wants to listen to it.

he flat out says it - Scott Frost's schemes do not allow for a pound the rock emphasis and it hurts the team.
Seriously, how can it? I have lost so much faith in Frost. I can't root against the team, but I don't want him to be coach next year. He has gotten so many things wrong

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
When Leach was at WSU on the surface it looked like all fun and gun (or whatever he called his offense), but those boys could light people up, especially when they ran the ball. Downright nasty sometimes. They knew if they weren't physical he would lock them in a closet.
At TTech Leach had HUGE O linemen who weren't very athletic and yet than ran the ball effectively because they could pass protect and throw the football. I think our O linemen are every bit as athletic as what Leach put on the field. The difference is that up until these last 3 games our QB has struggled to put any fear of our downfield passing game in to the mind of defensive coordinators. Maybe that changes after what he put on video at OU.

Seriously, how can it? I have lost so much faith in Frost. I can't root against the team, but I don't want him to be coach next year. He has gotten so many things wrong
I don’t like Frost either. But we should hope he succeeds. The best case scenario for NU football right now is for Frost to succeed. I too have lost faith in him. I too think we are in for another crappy season. But I hope like crazy that I am wrong and the rest of our season is stellar.

I don’t like Frost either. But we should hope he succeeds. The best case scenario for NU football right now is for Frost to succeed. I too have lost faith in him. I too think we are in for another crappy season. But I hope like crazy that I am wrong and the rest of our season is stellar.
Our coach needs to be elite. I don't think he is elite and I don't believe he ever will be. He seems unwilling to make the hard decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT