ADVERTISEMENT

What do you truly expect from the game vs Akron?

F5Tornado

Senior
Jul 19, 2018
I see Nebraska winning, obviously, but I see the usual things happening during the first game of the season. Some 3 and outs, a turnover or two (hope not), broken plays, and so on as well as moments of crisp play on both sides and some big plays (and getting some turnovers). I really want to see how the team comes out in the second half regardless of what the score is at halftime.

Also looking forward to seeing starters from last year and how they perform with the new staff, their leadership on the field and on the sideline, and of course, the young guns performing in their first action ever in starting or supporting roles. Should make for a fun Saturday night!

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I'm pretty pessimistic about the 2018 season, but I think this Nebraska team is going to kick Akron's ass.

The Huskers will give them a lot of matchup problems. Secondly, their QB, who's very athletic, makes Tommy Armstrong look like Tommy Brady. He's too one dimensional, and that will be problematic vs. Chin's scheme.

I'm pretty pessimistic about the 2018 season, but I think this Nebraska team is going to kick Akron's ass.

The Huskers will give them a lot of matchup problems. Secondly, their QB, who's very athletic, makes Tommy Armstrong look like Tommy Brady. He's too one dimensional, and that will be problematic vs. Chin's scheme.

Why are you so pessimistic about this year? Surely, even with a vicious schedule we'll win more games than last year don't you think? Also, hopefully not getting horribly cremated vs the good teams. Lots of rumors floating around that SF is pretty much a happy camper with the team's progress so far. Maybe it's true?

Just a couple of days to round up a case of your favorite beer and enjoy the hell out of Saturday night. You'll love it!

GBR!!

Perfect game for a true freshman QB to dip his toe into the speed of D1 football and build confidence.

I expect a return to the good ole days with an absolute blowout of Akron. It is time for the players to put up or shut up. Under Riley and at times Bo, we limped through these games.

I am with Cornicator on the year. There will be tons of excitement for this game, players will be sky high and they should dominate. As the season progresses, the weaknesses will begin to show up and teams take advantage. Lots of youth which eventually pays dividends but there will be warts along the way. Lots of newness and we can't afford injuries on the O line at all.

Our defenses weakness appear to be against the pass and sounds like we are strong against the run...going off past performances and Frosts and Chins reports of how the defense is good against the run. So the run teams we should match up good against and have a chance of slowing down or stopping. It will be the passing teams or teams with a good passing game that will give us fits. Is Akron a good passing or running team?? Either way, we should out Athlete them at bare minimum and I’m confident enough in Frost to believe he will beat Akron...I say we beat them by 21-28 points if not more....42-17 is my guess.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I expect NU to jump to a comfortable lead in the first half...something like 28-3. We'll all be anxiously awaiting to see Gebbia in the game, and one more TD will likely do it. Instead, Akron will make a little run at NU in the third quarter and close to within 28-13, keeping Gebbia on the bench. AM will lead NU to a TD early in the 4th quarter to push the lead to 35-13. Akron will then chew up much of the remaining time in the game on a long drive that stalls inside the NU 10 yard line. Frost doesn't want to debut Gebbia with his back to his own goal-line, so AM comes in and runs out the clock.

35-13 NU.

Our defenses weakness appear to be against the pass and sounds like we are strong against the run...going off past performances and Frosts and Chins reports of how the defense is good against the run. So the run teams we should match up good against and have a chance of slowing down or stopping. It will be the passing teams or teams with a good passing game that will give us fits. Is Akron a good passing or running team?? Either way, we should out Athlete them at bare minimum and I’m confident enough in Frost to believe he will beat Akron...I say we beat them by 21-28 points if not more....42-17 is my guess.

For some reason I think we are going to score a ton of points because we have such a new team that the dogs won't ever be called off. I'm probably dead off, but if, and when we get up big, Gebbia is going to try and ball out to the extent he can to keep his name in the convo.

Reactions: huskerssalts
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bugeater
Of all the games I am least worried about this one. Nebraska will want to put up points and showcase to teams what they will have to prepare for. This should be out of reach by half time.

Akron is not expected to be great obviously...but surprised we are 24 point favs. Will be interesting to see if that changes at all with the potential for some heavy rain.

Akron is not expected to be great obviously...but surprised we are 24 point favs. Will be interesting to see if that changes at all with the potential for some heavy rain.

Do we know for sure if the heavy rain will be during the day or evening ?? Have to wait till Friday for a truer weather report..

Do we know for sure if the heavy rain will be during the day or evening ?? Have to wait till Friday for a truer weather report..

Yeah. It has changed like 20 times in the last 5 days. It was 0%, now it's to 30% so I'd say Thursday or Friday hopefully the weather people can figure it out.

I'm nervous. Can't get the taste of the last regime out of my mouth fast enough.

Having said that, I think we'll win but not without some hiccups.

ADVERTISEMENT