ADVERTISEMENT

What Do We Lose By Firing Frost?

This team is good enough to find four more wins. Nobody on the schedule is unbeatable. It would not surprise me at all to see wins against NW, Purdue, Minnesota, then get one of the Mich, OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa games.

Not gonna be easy, which is why it makes for a good audition to keep his job.
I don’t think Alberts will let him go until it is inevitable that a bowl game is no longer under consideration..

Reactions: Husker Hambone
This team is good enough to find four more wins. Nobody on the schedule is unbeatable. It would not surprise me at all to see wins against NW, Purdue, Minnesota, then get one of the Mich, OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa games.

Not gonna be easy, which is why it makes for a good audition to keep his job.
Northwestern sucks, Minnesota sucks, Purdue is nothing special, Wisconsin isn’t as good as Michigan State and Michigan probably isn’t either. Nebraska definitely still has six wins for the taking.

Do coaches want to come to coach at your University when they could be fired mid-season?

I don't know but I hear that is a huge negative. Coaches are all making 3-5 million a year so why come to a must win place like Nebraska when you could get fired mid-season when you can stay where your at and keep making that money?

I am sure Trev knows the answer.
I think other coaches will see Scott Frost as an example of the Jim Valvano quote, "Don't mess with happy." Frost could have stayed at UCF and I bet he would be making $3 million a year. Frost is making $5 million a year at NU but privately I bet he's hating his decision right now.

We certainly can find a better coach. I'll leave that up to Trev, but I'm personally hoping for us not to make a flashy hire. Just a good head coach who produces teams that do not beat themselves. Preferably a former offensive line coach but not named Callahan. Then try to keep the defensive staff here and go from there.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Northwestern sucks, Minnesota sucks, Purdue is nothing special, Wisconsin isn’t as good as Michigan State and Michigan probably isn’t either. Nebraska definitely still has six wins for the taking.
I can only see two wins, the rest of the teams they’ll have to find ways of not beating themselves..

Frost already lost to MSU and IL. Why in the world would anyone think Frost is going to beat those teams?

I like your optimism, the problem is come game time we make teams like that look like the 84, 9ners

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Honest question that I was asking myself. Let’s really dig into this and moved beyond the Husker legend piece, which is unfortunate. Recruiting has been where it was pre-Frost. Even worse currently. The offense is regressing. Oline getting worse by the game. Special Teams has to be one of the worst in D1.

Losing Chins would be the only real potential ‘loss’ here. Pay him and we truly lose nothing. This team has talent. Get someone in here to coach them up. Now. #changemymind #GBR
This game has me back to thinking Frost isn't up to the job of head coach. Clock management, special teams, penalties...these are all about coaching. These are the extreme weaknesses of this team and show up in close games against equal talent. If Martinez doesn't know how to manage the clock in year four he is either lacking coaching or mentally deficient. He seems to be a reasonably smart kid so there you go.

Frost already lost to MSU and IL. Why in the world would anyone think Frost is going to beat those teams?
I know it’s extremely frustrating to lose in OT, especially when you have your chances but Michigan State is a good team. They’re not Alabama but losing in East Lansing isn’t completely horrible. Illinois I’ll give you but Nebraska has looked much better since then.

Well, if Frost had any integrity, he would resign and forgo his buyout like the below prime example. But, he is a loser and losers don't have integrity and will litigate to get every last penny they can.

That was just stupid. The college will always get more money, he wont. Thats why you have a contract. Dude was a straight up idiot.

All the talk about 6 wins makes me sick. What a season that would be. 6-6 then a loss to a MAC team in the Quick Lane Bowl.

It’s not ideal by a long shot, but it is what many believe to be the lowest acceptable bar for keeping Frost. In my opinion 6 wins just delays the inevitable due to a lot of the defense leaving after the season, leaving virtually no chance it will be as good next season. But it is what it is. 6 wins will keep Frost his job.

Florida fired in-season = Mullen hired.

USC fired in-season and will get a big name.

Oregon fired in-season and hired Mario.

Coaches aren't going to give a shit if Frost was fired tomorrow. They know he never had a winning season at Nebraska and any head coach out there knows you get fired with those results.
Yep although oregon didnt fire a coach midyear. I highly doubt Frost gets fired midseason, but it wouldn't cost Nebraska anything as far as other coaches thinking about the job. In your fourth season if you are 3-5, you get fired. That isn't a shock to anybody. When Nebraska fired Solich who went 9-3. I could see some coaches maybe not liking that, but that is far and away above where we are now.

I don’t think Alberts will let him go until it is inevitable that a bowl game is no longer under consideration..
Even if we pulled off the improbable and became bowl eligible, there's no guarantee we wouldn't opt out again this season. I don't think the dysfunction on the offensive side is any less this season than it was with last year's group that chose not to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Honest question that I was asking myself. Let’s really dig into this and moved beyond the Husker legend piece, which is unfortunate. Recruiting has been where it was pre-Frost. Even worse currently. The offense is regressing. Oline getting worse by the game. Special Teams has to be one of the worst in D1.

Losing Chins would be the only real potential ‘loss’ here. Pay him and we truly lose nothing. This team has talent. Get someone in here to coach them up. Now. #changemymind #GBR
We lose the hope that if Frost cannot do it, no one can. My thoughts exactly in the excitement phase after the hire of Frost, It will either be a continuation of the dark winter we have been going through as fans or yet another phase of excitement? At this point I cannot get too excited for anything, just want to see results in the win column. No more moral victories in the midst of 4-8, 3-9 seasons.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
We lose the hope that if Frost cannot do it, no one can. My thoughts exactly in the excitement phase after the hire of Frost, It will either be a continuation of the dark winter we have been going through as fans or yet another phase of excitement? At this point I cannot get too excited for anything, just want to see results in the win column. No more moral victories in the midst of 4-8, 3-9 seasons.
First of all, we should dismiss the idea that if Frost cannot do it, no one can, as purely nonsensical.

How, in nearly 4 years has Frost even begun to show that he is a capable head coach at the Power 5 level? He has been repeatedly outcoached, outmotivated and outscored his entire time at NU.

I think its ridiculous to say if SF can't do it, no one can. There are some really good coaches out there, they just don't happen to reside in Lincoln, NE.
NU's next recruiting class clearly says potential stars want no part of SF and this program.

If, and I say IF, SF had taken this job with a committment to winning and winning big, he would have opened up that portal and went hard to find a QB who is not a losing machine. SF would have made assistant coach changes when it became obvious they were being outcoached week after week. SF wants to try to win on his terms, and his terms are losers.

We lose nothing. Honestly it’s not like the new coach has a high bench mark to prove. Nebraska fans will be happy with a winning season and bowl game at this point. Instead it’s watching the movie Groundhog Day every Saturday Nebraska currently plays except Northwestern game.

Money and stability with recruits. I think he's still HC next year but I don't think all the assistants will be with him. Sadly I think it ends with him being canned regardless of timing...

Nothing, I'd say we could lose more than $20 million keeping losing records. Fan apathy, poor recruiting, for brand name. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

ADVERTISEMENT