ADVERTISEMENT

What Do We Lose By Firing Frost?

jteten

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 6, 2006
Honest question that I was asking myself. Let’s really dig into this and moved beyond the Husker legend piece, which is unfortunate. Recruiting has been where it was pre-Frost. Even worse currently. The offense is regressing. Oline getting worse by the game. Special Teams has to be one of the worst in D1.

Losing Chins would be the only real potential ‘loss’ here. Pay him and we truly lose nothing. This team has talent. Get someone in here to coach them up. Now. #changemymind #GBR

Honest question that I was asking myself. Let’s really dig into this and moved beyond the Husker legend piece, which is unfortunate. Recruiting has been where it was pre-Frost. Even worse currently. The offense is regressing. Oline getting worse by the game. Special Teams has to be one of the worst in D1.

Losing Chins would be the only real potential ‘loss’ here. Pay him and we truly lose nothing. This team has talent. Get someone in here to coach them up. Now. #changemymind #GBR
20 million dollars :(

no-idea-idk.gif

20 million dollars

That’s about it. Continue to let the loser hang himself or pay him.

Outside of that we lose nothing outside of Frost tarnishing his legacy which is 100% his fault.

We all know where this is going. Even the most delusional Frost lovers deep down know he is a loser. Pay him and try again. It would be one thing if he was some great recruiter but his recruiting is akin to his ability to put together a disciplined team.

Do coaches want to come to coach at your University when they could be fired mid-season?

I don't know but I hear that is a huge negative. Coaches are all making 3-5 million a year so why come to a must win place like Nebraska when you could get fired mid-season when you can stay where your at and keep making that money?

I am sure Trev knows the answer.

Reactions: OO Snipes and WHCSC
Do coaches want to come to coach at your University when they could be fired mid-season?

I don't know but I hear that is a huge negative. Coaches are all making 3-5 million a year so why come to a must win place like Nebraska when you could get fired mid-season when you can stay where your at and keep making that money?

Good point, but I truly would like to see Chinander have a shot at salvaging something this season and auditioning for the head job. He is starting to impress.

Florida fired in-season = Mullen hired.

USC fired in-season and will get a big name.

Oregon fired in-season and hired Mario.

Coaches aren't going to give a shit if Frost was fired tomorrow. They know he never had a winning season at Nebraska and any head coach out there knows you get fired with those results.

Opportunity and $ can wash away those concerns. Also, it would be different at a year and a half, not 3 and a half. Pre season, mid season, end of season. Not sure it matters. Fired is fired.

Reactions: TheBeav815

Coaches aren't going to give a shit if Frost was fired tomorrow. They know he never had a winning season at Nebraska and any head coach out there knows you get fired with those results.
That's NOT what happened at Oregon, but I agree with the principle...

Frost won’t be fired until 6 wins are no longer a possibility. Probably hoping the NCAA finds some pretty damning evidence in the meantime.
There is no point to wait until the math officially shows 7 defeats on the record for the season. That's just wasting time. USC knew their guy isn't worth jack shit and just pulled the plug to get the process started with a new head coach search. Nebraska would be smart to do the same thing. Gives more time to research, interview, and get to the who you will be hiring instead of hope and pray.

Exactly. Coaches coach. They get paid for it, that’s their job. It’s all situational at this point with us, USC, and others, on who they want to work with and get paid to do their job.

One of the main things holding Nebraska back when you look at the picture as a whole and see that the Admin group and others are to blame for a lot of costly and long term gains

Hopefully people will be smart tomorrow and just get this over with and get a new search official.

Good night.

There are still some who believe that will "set Nebraska football back 10 years." I have yet to figure out what exactly that means, when coaches have taken over programs that were in even WORSE positions than this one, including major NCAA sanctions still hanging over the team, and gotten them to not look like crap in 2 out of 3 phases of the game in 2 or 3 years tops (as always, props to Chinander. Blackshirts look great).

Well, if Frost had any integrity, he would resign and forgo his buyout like the below prime example. But, he is a loser and losers don't have integrity and will litigate to get every last penny they can.

What do we gain from firing him now? Nothing! Every coach who will be in the running to take over is currently employed. They aren’t coming in mid season. Maybe if Chinander took over it would make some sense.

Well, if Frost had any integrity, he would resign and forgo his buyout like the below prime example. But, he is a loser and losers don't have integrity and will litigate to get every last penny they can.

There’s always some idiot who thinks the coach should just pass up on $25 guaranteed.

Reactions: bomber89
There is no point to wait until the math officially shows 7 defeats on the record for the season. That's just wasting time. USC knew their guy isn't worth jack shit and just pulled the plug to get the process started with a new head coach search. Nebraska would be smart to do the same thing. Gives more time to research, interview, and get to the who you will be hiring instead of hope and pray.

I agree that it would be best to start over now, without hesitation. However that has never been the Nebraska way. Even with Callahan he got a full season even when it was clear he was done. So that is why I believe Frost will get every chance to get to 6 wins at very least.

Now if I’m wrong and they let him go before then, well that will work too.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What it comes down to is will we ever get any better under SF? I don’t think so. It sucks because I want the guy to succeed but he is in over his head.

In 4 years only the Defense has shown signs of improvement. In 4 years there has been no signature victories. OU and MSU could have been those games. Look at Mel Tucker in year 2. That is an example of a program making strides.

Going with a new coach will set the program back a couple of years but if we get the right coach it will be better long term for the program.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Who cares? Nebraska football has been dead for twenty years, you just don't realize it yet.

Just because Frost is a shitty human and coach doesn’t mean it’s dead. It certainly doesn’t mean we should allow the loser to coach out his contract.

Hell, at this point I would gladly take 8-9 wins a year. That would certainly be an upgrade.

Who cares? Nebraska football has been dead for twenty years, you just don't realize it yet.

Just because Frost is a shitty human and coach doesn’t mean it’s dead. It certainly doesn’t mean we should allow the loser to coach out his contract.

Hell, at this point I would gladly take 8-9 wins a year. That would certainly be an upgrade.

Thus, proving my point.

Thus, proving my point.

This makes zero sense.

But not surprising considering you are advocating letting Frost coach 5 more years regardless of what he has done or hasn’t done to this point. Also allowing him to coach 5 more years regardless his win/loss record in to the future and certainly not taking in to consideration the fact that no worthwhile recruit will touch him with a ten foot pole without some extension at some point. Good post.

This makes zero sense.

But not surprising considering you are advocating letting Frost coach 5 more years regardless of what he has done or hasn’t done to this point. Also allowing him to coach 5 more years regardless his win/loss record in to the future and certainly not taking in to consideration the fact that no worthwhile recruit will touch him with a ten foot pole without some extension at some point. Good post.

Nebraska football has been dead for over 20 years. Why spend more money than that which you are already committed to spend? Makes no sense, you dolt. As has been shown, more money doesn't equal more success.

Good point, but I truly would like to see Chinander have a shot at salvaging something this season and auditioning for the head job. He is starting to impress.
God no, get rid of everything that even has remote ties to this coaching staff. Nothing worth keeping.

I've seen nothing that makes me think Frost is headman material. The job is too big for him.

This team is good enough to find four more wins. Nobody on the schedule is unbeatable. It would not surprise me at all to see wins against NW, Purdue, Minnesota, then get one of the Mich, OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa games.

Not gonna be easy, which is why it makes for a good audition to keep his job.

ADVERTISEMENT