ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Search What day will it happen

konaki

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2002
Tired of who it will be, let's discuss what day it is announced.

I think it will be Saturday, there will be too much angst among the fan base for Alberts to drag it on. This all means Alberts may have his coach ready to step on to the stage and be greeted by the media. jmo

Last edited:
71zkm5.jpg

By the way, when can HS recruits sign with colleges? I would think Alberts can't drag it out too much into December and lose out with recruits or can he?

Reactions: TFrazier
If it's Rhule, I guess Saturday. If it's somebody that's currently coaching, who knows.

If it's not announced on Saturday, that's a sure sign that it isn't Rhule.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
IMO, It depends on how long after the Husker victory Friday that it takes for Trev and Mickey to enjoy a cup of kicked up coffee together, because they know there's so much work to get done in the absence of extra practices again this post season!

Tired of who it will be, let's discuss what day it is announced.

I think it will be Saturday, there will be too much angst among the fan base for Alberts to drag it on. This all means Alberts may have his coach ready to step on to the stage and be greeted by the media. jmo
I’ll go with Saturday.

I am more concerned with the transfer portal check-in which is Dec. 5 I believe.
Maybe an early announcement by Trev if we have someone already signed and sealed and if the new HC wants to take full advantage of these signing dates. I would guess if the announcement doesn't come soon after the last game played Alberts doesn't have his new coach picked out and agreed upon.

Whether it happens this weekend or deferred to later will obviously be revealing about who the possibility is. I'm actually hoping it doesn't happen until after the conference championship games because that means we're likely getting someone who is at least a college winner.

Reactions: konaki
If it’s Monken, next Sunday after the Army/Navy game.

If it’s Rhule, I’ll say Saturday morning so they can roll it out on Big Noon Kickoff and College Gameday.

If it’s Fickell or Klieman (or the field), I’ll say this Sunday afternoon.

If it’s Monken, next Sunday after the Army/Navy game.

If it’s Rhule, I’ll say Saturday morning so they can roll it out on Big Noon Kickoff and College Gameday.

If it’s Fickell or Klieman (or the field), I’ll say this Sunday afternoon.

Fickell and Klieman will likely be coaching in Conference Championship games next weekend, so they wouldn't be announced this weekend. However, I doubt either of them will be taking this job.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
The announcement countdown begins tomorrow (Black Friday) and begins a 10-day period during which the official announcement is likely to happen.

Reactions: konaki and WHCSC
Fickell and Klieman will likely be coaching in Conference Championship games next weekend, so they wouldn't be announced this weekend. However, I doubt either of them will be taking this job.
Good point. I forgot that Lincoln Riley didn’t take OU to the BigXII CCG last year.

IMO, It depends on how long after the Husker victory Friday that it takes for Trev and Mickey to enjoy a cup of kicked up coffee together, because they know there's so much work to get done in the absence of extra practices again this post season!
You are silly.

Saturday or Sunday likely if it's Rhule, Urban (very highly unlikely), Mickey (also unlikely) or some other coach not actively involved coaching in a post season game. If not by Sunday, then that is a huge clue and very likely NOT Rhule.

I think regardless of whether Trev announces the person he likely will have to say something to keep fans calm. Like "everything is going well and stay tuned" or something along those lines if a name isn't named this weekend.

Last edited:
For all we know Trev could have had his guy before they canned Frost....this firm seems like a bunch of top notch pro's with tight lips. If his guy is on a college winning program and wishes to keep it a secret till regular season/conference title game is over (cannot imagine Trev would agree to waiting any longer) then we are still a few weeks out. If our new coach is on a program not playing for a conference title or currently employed then it could come this weekend. All that typed with a big "Duh" ....cause I think we all know this. So......if no announcement after the weekend, passes, we can narrow down the field fast.

*bump*

Any predictions tweeks given the reports on Rhule?

I'm sticking with Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT