ADVERTISEMENT

What Comes First: Scumbag Urban Meyer's First W or "Health Issues"?

Good stuff!!! That's funny. @Rambo you've mentioned the draft dodging thing before - are you a vet or something? Or why so worked up about Minnesota athletes from way back in last century? If you are a vet, thanks.
I mention it because your only success was built on the backs of cowards

it should be mentioned at every turn, just like iowa's extreme racism, state penn/mich/msu/osu's sexual deviance and all other b1g teams' complete lack of historical achievement

Our "local papers" don't write articles about Minnesota football. Do yours even cover the Gophers?

I do know that your coach took a team that won 8+ games 3 of the 4 seasons before he got to town and turned it into one that has only done it once in 4 years under his watch.
What happened with Jerry Kill was fine, but 8-9 wins was definitely the ceiling. What you also don't know is how barren the roster was after our bowl victory that you anti-Fleck people love to bring up. Sure, we won a bowl game after the 2016 season. But if you knew more than just the basic, cursory view from 10,000 feet you would know that the team coming back for 2017 was a steaming pile of garbage. Jerry Kill brought us some success after the Brewster dumpster fire, but Tracy Claeys had a shit recruiting class coming in. We'd be at the absolute bottom of the B1G right now if it wasn't for Fleck. Even Illinois would be in a better spot with BB coaching there now. Fleck gets us 4* talent like we've never seen before. And I couldn't care less if he's doing advertising for businesses. You know darn well Frost would be pictured all over the 10 or so businesses in Lincoln if the team wasn't in the crapper right now.

He was real good on FOX and the BTN. He has had success as a coach in College, but he also has fallen short, for example, at Ohio State.
He won a national championship there? Yeesh, you guys have high expectations if winning a national championship still counts as coming up short.

170107_gophers_fleck_21.jpg

fleck.jpg
Hilarious!!!!! Not sure how long it took you to find those pics, but I'm definitely laughing. Good work.

it should be mentioned at every turn, just like iowa's extreme racism, state penn/mich/msu/osu's sexual deviance and all other b1g teams' complete lack of historical achievement
But how would you even know that? For all the comments and crap you give other posters about coming to a husker board, it's ironic you're familiar with Gopher players from waaaaaaay back when.

That's just opinion. I'd dodge too if it came to it. Europe needed to protect itself. My grandfathers both fought over there and I wish they hadn't. Grandpa had a lot of PTSD, he'd have been much better off going to Canada and coming back normal, or just taking the prison time. I'm not proud they fought, but I'd be DANG proud if they didn't follow like sheep. Only a fool goes into someone else's war. Just my $0.02, sorry for the political rant if we're not supposed to do that.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
What happened with Jerry Kill was fine, but 8-9 wins was definitely the ceiling. What you also don't know is how barren the roster was after our bowl victory that you anti-Fleck people love to bring up. Sure, we won a bowl game after the 2016 season. But if you knew more than just the basic, cursory view from 10,000 feet you would know that the team coming back for 2017 was a steaming pile of garbage. Jerry Kill brought us some success after the Brewster dumpster fire, but Tracy Claeys had a shit recruiting class coming in. We'd be at the absolute bottom of the B1G right now if it wasn't for Fleck. Even Illinois would be in a better spot with BB coaching there now. Fleck gets us 4* talent like we've never seen before. And I couldn't care less if he's doing advertising for businesses. You know darn well Frost would be pictured all over the 10 or so businesses in Lincoln if the team wasn't in the crapper right now.
Honest question - are you sleeping with Fleck?

Honest question - are you sleeping with Fleck?
plus, just look at some results. No way would we have curb-stomped you guys in 2019 without the quality of players Fleck was bringing in. No way would the previous regime beaten you guys in Lincoln last year, down so many players. Even with Frost as your coach, you still would have beat us at least one of those two times, probably both.

plus, just look at some results. No way would we have curb-stomped you guys in 2019 without the quality of players Fleck was bringing in. No way would the previous regime beaten you guys in Lincoln last year, down so many players. Even with Frost as your coach, you still would have beat us at least one of those two times, probably both.
So no answer?

But how would you even know that? For all the comments and crap you give other posters about coming to a husker board, it's ironic you're familiar with Gopher players from waaaaaaay back when.
if they were playing football during the war, it's basically 1+1

I am also not surprised in the least a minn fan would openly and seemingly proudly admit his own draft dodging aspirations

Reactions: Jaemekon
💲💲💲💲💲💲💲 I think 7 digits is about enough reasons. Oops actually it should have been 8.
He could get a similar salary at any blue blood program though. Even the worst NFL franchise has much more brutal expectations than the best college programs. If stress caused you to quit your job the last two times, I don't see how taking an NFL job would be any less stressful.

The old so many guys out. Forget that they were all subs, teams were playing short handed all over the country and no other coach was whining all week about being down players. Vintage PJ. Convinced you beating a bad team is somehow a miracle that could only be performed by him.

I seriously picture you running around the house in a sweater vest yelling row the boat during Gooher games.

He won a national championship there? Yeesh, you guys have high expectations if winning a national championship still counts as coming up short.

He was outstanding in 2014, after the Week 2 loss.

He also had a strong running game, which he went away from the running game against MSU in 2015 loss.

RushingReceivingScrimmage
RkPlayerGAttYdsAvgTDRecYdsAvgTDPlaysYdsAvgTD
1Ezekiel Elliott1527318786.918282207.9030120987.018

Urban Meyer didn't build around the run in Columbus or throughout much of his career.

The 2014 season was a fine accomplishment. After that, he didn't show much ability to recapture it.

He did a great job pushing others in the conference to improve.

Reactions: Jaemekon
It must be a special kind of torment to live an existence where you've done nothing but win... and yet you're still miserable. I'm actually about 50/50 on whether Urban sticks it out because he has Trevor Lawrence. Saban had Gus Frerotte and Daunte Culpepper.
How do you or anyone else know how well Trevor Lawrence is going to prove to be as a NFL QB? He obviously has the size and skills to become one, but he also played at Clemson where for the most part he was on the most dominant team on the field. He had better teammates than just about every team he played against while at Clemson. He won’t have that at Jacksonville. Trevor could end up being great or he could just as easily end up like someone like Andrew Luck. Get so beat up playing on a bad team that he is out of the NFL earlier than expected. If I were him I would not count on Urban being with the Jags in the long run. When things get rough Urban is going come up with another lame excuse and get out of town as fast as he can.

People on here just hate on Fleck because they know if he continues MN on the right trajectory, it makes it that much harder for you guys to come back to relevance because of more competition. If MN stinks, you can recruit here. But last year we nearly stole one of your best high school players from right in your own back yard. (Had the coach recruiting him not gone to Oregon, Mr. Dickerson is probably a Gopher, and that's what worries you guys about Fleck.)

But go on, insult the guy, I mean he clearly isn't a upstanding individual like your coach who cheats on his wife and sleeps with women half his age.
Good gawd. Nebraska has its issues. But worrying about PJ freckin' Fleck aint one of them. I think nothing of Fleck other than knowing what a weirdo the the guy is. Go row your boat somewhere else.

if the wheels fall off and frost exits stage left.
lets go ahead and talk to urban about the nebraska medical center and football coaching
before miami does

How do you or anyone else know how well Trevor Lawrence is going to prove to be as a NFL QB? He obviously has the size and skills to become one, but he also played at Clemson where for the most part he was on the most dominant team on the field. He had better teammates than just about every team he played against while at Clemson. He won’t have that at Jacksonville. Trevor could end up being great or he could just as easily end up like someone like Andrew Luck. Get so beat up playing on a bad team that he is out of the NFL earlier than expected. If I were him I would not count on Urban being with the Jags in the long run. When things get rough Urban is going come up with another lame excuse and get out of town as fast as he can.
Where did I say how well Trevor Lawrence is going to prove to be? Doesn’t matter, he was a #1 pick and that means something. I can’t predict the future any more than you can, although after chastising me you’re pretty comfortable with your own predictions.

I’ll take Option C: a bunch of jealous beta males complaining about a guy who does what he wants with his life.

1. it's clear urban's health is deteriorating working for a muslim with bad taste in yacht interiors
2. we can hire urban as hc and make frost oc and keep everyone else...urban will get the joe montana's here and the joe burrows, and the o-linemen to make frosts left coast offense work.
3. there not the pressure at NU like ohio state, people don't spaz out if we win but have a couple mistakes,
but it's a better job then utah
4. urban has a family and they haven't fired all the police like in lib hell holes around the US.

trev needs to make the call now.

fleck doesn't cause a single Husker fan to think twice

minn is a zero, and that will continue forever

laugh out loud funny for a minn fan to puff his chest about literally anything that doesn't involve Dave Winfield or the draft dodgers who won your only titles
Dave Winfield. My favorite baseball player of all-time.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
1. it's clear urban's health is deteriorating working for a muslim with bad taste in yacht interiors
2. we can hire urban as hc and make frost oc and keep everyone else...urban will get the joe montana's here and the joe burrows, and the o-linemen to make frosts left coast offense work.
3. there not the pressure at NU like ohio state, people don't spaz out if we win but have a couple mistakes,
but it's a better job then utah
4. urban has a family and they haven't fired all the police like in lib hell holes around the US.

trev needs to make the call now.
Urban’s “health deterioration” is directly correlated to incoming sanctions due to his willful scumbaggery

He is being exposed as the fraud he is, and I am rather enjoying it

People on here just hate on Fleck because they know if he continues MN on the right trajectory, it makes it that much harder for you guys to come back to relevance because of more competition. If MN stinks, you can recruit here. But last year we nearly stole one of your best high school players from right in your own back yard. (Had the coach recruiting him not gone to Oregon, Mr. Dickerson is probably a Gopher, and that's what worries you guys about Fleck.)

But go on, insult the guy, I mean he clearly isn't a upstanding individual like your coach who cheats on his wife and sleeps with women half his age.

Is Frost getting some hot young tail on the side? Good for him, he has a stressful job, sometimes you need the convenience of the side piece. I commend him, if this is true.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
(dang, I had no idea it was this hard to win when the other teams have similar talent) Hey, can someone come over here and take a picture of me and post it so that I can start the narrative again that I'm having a lot of medical issues so that I can blame losing on something other than my coaching or abilities . . . thanks, hold on a second, let me put my head in my hands . . . now I'm ready.

Bro...that loss at home to a 31 point dog.

PJ has the boys going the right direction!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT