ADVERTISEMENT

What are everyone’s thoughts on.....

Whether or not the streak will survive this season? If we only win 3 games will the streak sustain?

It’s all we have, we can’t lose the streak!!
I think the streak stays alive if we start winning some games and are still in the hunt for the West title. And that is somewhat possible. The West is wide open. However.... if we don't get our act together and start losing like crazy, then I say the streak will end. But will the powers that be allow that to happen? Does Osborne, who just two weeks ago said he thought the streak would have ended if Frost had NOT been hired, allow the streak to end under Frost? My guess is donors would buy up thousands of tickets to make sure that does not happen

Reactions: CatColumbia
Am I a bad fan if I confess the streak really doesn't really mean that much to me anymore? "Whatevs" on that issue, but I suspect it is in no danger so maybe subconsciously that's why I don't care about it.

I mean sure doesn’t make you a great fan. One of the more impressive traditions and showing of a passionate fan base in the entire country, not sure why that wouldn’t be something you’d care to see continued. I’m assuming you’re a Cat who’s 25 or younger...

I think the streak stays alive if we start winning some games and are still in the hunt for the West title. And that is somewhat possible. The West is wide open. However.... if we don't get our act together and start losing like crazy, then I say the streak will end. But will the powers that be allow that to happen? Does Osborne, who just two weeks ago said he thought the streak would have ended if Frost had NOT been hired, allow the streak to end under Frost? My guess is donors would buy up thousands of tickets to make sure that does not happen
Wouldn’t make the streak fake though? I’m not trolling just asking how that would be better?

I mean sure doesn’t make you a great fan. One of the more impressive traditions and showing of a passionate fan base in the entire country, not sure why that wouldn’t be something you’d care to see continued. I’m assuming you’re a Cat who’s 25 or younger...

I'm 50, and just wise enough to know the streak is already kind of fake. Sooo, whatevs on that to me. But I think it's awesome enough people feel differently. Give me a winning team, you can have the streak, not saying it HAS to be one or the other, just saying it's been so long since we won, the fake streak just isn't a blip on my radar.

Reactions: TheNewNU and cecilB
id only say that there have been an awful lot of people in the home stands AND traveling away for some awful games.

that, in and of itself, is remarkable.

Reactions: headcard
Re5cWC.png

Reactions: CBOYZ CAT
Just like they do already

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The streak is admirable and a testament to the fan base. Having said that, I cannot imagine giving up an entire Saturday, not to mention the cost, in order to watch poor football. God bless those who give up their day to attend. It is becoming more difficult for me to even carve out 3-4 hours to watch an entire game. Had tickets to the Michigan game but have unloaded them.

I realize the sell out streak isn’t the same has having a full stadium.

Last edited:
Whether or not the streak will survive this season? If we only win 3 games will the streak sustain?

It will survive through next year for sure. If we continue to see football like we have seen towards the end of this year and into next. No chance it will make it another year

Reactions: MikeRiley69
I could care less if it survives or not. There are bigger things I hate about going to games now than the streak. For me, I get bigger every year and the seats get smaller. I am almost to the point where I simply can't stand the TV timeouts. It felt like it took an hour to play the first quarter. Every couple of plays, timeouts, reviews, you name it. It kills the game and it kills the crowd and it kills the spirit of everything. Rules changes, official reviews, more and more TV, it is just killing the game day atmosphere.

People going to our home games mainly consist of middle-aged or older husbands and wives that have been going for years and years. It is what they do. They just keep going, week after week.

The tickets are probably already sold for the year in a very technical sense. If they aren't showing much improvement and the weather is bad, you're going to see a LOT of empty seats by the late part of the year.

The streak is a fabricated milestone as it is. Nebraska has great fans and will continue to do so...regardless of some # that doesn't really mean all that much.
I think the better question is how much wider can they make the seats to squeeze out thousands of seats to make a sell out easier. Every team is dealing with fans who’d rather watch at home on a 70” led tv with dollar beers

Reactions: brnred58
It may not mean much and may not be a true number, but it is good marketing and you guys will be happy to have it when you start winning again (which I think will be soon). Who cares if it's a fake number? At this point, it is part of your identity and I think you'd be crazy to want to give it up for any reason.

Reactions: Wing-Back

If people are stupid, stupider, the stupidest,.......................................then your dumbass is clear the F over here.

Give it up. Haven't you made a big enough fool out of yourself?

Reactions: MikeRiley69
id only say that there have been an awful lot of people in the home stands AND traveling away for some awful games.

that, in and of itself, is remarkable.
That is because the people that actually created the streak, you know, those old blue hairs everyone makes fun of, support their team whether they win or lose. They go no matter what. That is the mentality that created the streak.

It is a silly thing to get wound up about because those stands are generally filled game in and game out. It isn't like there are only 10k people in the stands, good grief. People with tickets sit outside tailgating and can't be arsed to go in all the time because it is an freaking uncomfortable place to be on some days.

I think the better question is how much wider can they make the seats to squeeze out thousands of seats to make a sell out easier. Every team is dealing with fans who’d rather watch at home on a 70” led tv with dollar beers
I'd be okay with this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT