ADVERTISEMENT

what an interesting dilemma...

chipotlehusker

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2001
Austin Texas
Other western nations provide free or tremendously less costly education for all of their citizens who go or want to go on to higher education. This benefits society, all of us with a better educated populace and work force. I fear that our nation is falling further and further behind (think we rank in the low 20's in the world.) Is this what we want. Eventually, the "chickens will come home to roost" if they haven't already.
On the other hand, as pointed out on here, shouldn't debt however legally incurred be paid back? And yes,
these extremely high debt burdens on younger people (mostl) are negatively impacting all manner of situations.
Is there the will to restructure these loans and to move forward with a better approach to providing affordable
higher education? Athletes, mostly football, receive scholarships that pay for most and tending to all expenses
for those "student" athletes. It seems to me that a fresh look is needed and solving this dilemma is sorely
needed. Do we have the will (our politicians don't) and horror of horrors, Elizabeth Warren (not my candidate)
is addressing this.

Reactions: had and huskerrolly
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News