ADVERTISEMENT

What ailments do you have?

Attach4685-20170720-125524.gif

Reactions: Sinomatic
I have type 1 diabetes.. went untreated for awhile.. there was a thread on it awhile ago too.. my A1C back then was 11..... good news report is its down to a 6.7!!!
I’m type 2 had to go on insulin, but dam I feel a lot better now, I still can have a couple light beers.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I’m type 2 had to go on insulin, but dam I feel a lot better now, I still can have a couple light beers.
Me too... just got my sugars under control with the insulin.. both long lasting and mealti.e but the bad thing is i put on 25 lbs in 4 mos.. now working hard to get the weight off.. doc says it was to be expected.. i said i didnt expect it lol

Me too... just got my sugars under control with the insulin.. both long lasting and mealti.e but the bad thing is i put on 25 lbs in 4 mos.. now working hard to get the weight off.. doc says it was to be expected.. i said i didnt expect it lol
I never thought I could give myself a shot, but it’s hasn’t been a issue at all. Walmart even screwed up and gave me the vial instead of the flex pen, so I bought the disposable syringes and filled them myself, only probably was the numbers were so small on the syringe it was difficult to fill to correct units, I got really close though.

I have had two different lung diseases, totally unrelated to each other. First was from exposure to a chemical, took a few years to get all the tumors gone. Second came from nowhere, very rare and no known cure. Doc in Denver said people that she sees with this disease have 40-50% chance to make it 10 years. That was 2012, I have since been cleared, no trace of it and they don’t know why or how, too few cases to have any information. Interestingly, this disease affects primarily Japanese males with Korean second. I have none of that ancestry.

I don’t eat right but in moderation and try to work out 5 days a week. No I don’t bench 400lbs. Had both knees scoped several years ago and they are great. Shots in both shoulders but just keep lifting light weights and life is good.

I could not do a major diet deal, plant based diet would kill me. I like meat!
Did you eat the Chinese food on west side of main Street in goodland?? Lol.Glad you seem to have kicked that

I have had a hiatal hernia, which was hell. I had a TIF procedure done and laparoscopic placement of my stomach.

Recovery sucked, feel better now but will probably never be what I once was. Can't eat fast, drink too much alcohol, or eat certain foods or the symptoms are really not fun.

Also was diagnosed with food allergies and now on an elimination diet:

Almonds, shrimp, tomatoes, dairy, gluten and eggs (chicken)

So that sucks. I travel a lot for my job and eating is difficult. Have to do this for a year. I will say, I feel great and sleep great now that I don't eat much junk food

FYI - movie theater popcorn is vegan and dairy free. Pretty cool!

Several broken bones over the years.

Several surgeries.

Several game playing injuries.

I'll leave it at that, now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace

Did you eat the Chinese food on west side of main Street in goodland?? Lol.Glad you seem to have kicked that

Yes, on occasion, it wasn't a regular spot for us. More in to Big Eds in Bird City and Park Hill in Dainty.

Nothing much wrong with me except a disintegrating knee (no cartilage) that will have to be fixed someday. Other than that, if you look at me I look pretty good, but if you look closely at my face, you can see the tracks of my tears.
I'm in a similar situation - extremely good health except for my arthritic knees, which wore out a few years ago and both have been replaced.

On the positive side, my bad knees more or less forced me to take good care of myself and work out regularly, because I knew that if I ever got overweight I would be in big trouble. So today I'm in better shape than most people my age, and the fake knees don't slow me down much.

Left ankle/foot reconstruction. Left knee scope. Left eye surgery. 3 bulging discs. Bilateral golfer elbow. Achilles Tendonitis. Also my hips and knees hurt every day regardless of activity so who knows what that's about. Laughing

Zero cool stories, I'm just the clumsiest person you'd ever meet. RollingLaugh

I keep getting hit by cars (i'm never in one myself when it happns mind you) The odds of it happening 3 times has to be pretty high, cause most people don't survive the first.

I have had a hiatal hernia, which was hell. I had a TIF procedure done and laparoscopic placement of my stomach.

Recovery sucked, feel better now but will probably never be what I once was. Can't eat fast, drink too much alcohol, or eat certain foods or the symptoms are really not fun.

So that sucks. I travel a lot for my job and eating is difficult. Have to do this for a year. I will say, I feel great and sleep great now that I don't eat much junk food

I have type 1 diabetes.. was misdiagnosed with having type 2 about 6 years ago.. now have neurapathy or however you spell it. which means i cant feel my toes and is like needles in my feet.. unfortunately so does my 6 year old daughter now.. we found out when she was 1 years old. It sucks and i pray for a cure.until then we do what we can with diet exercise anf insulin...I dont normally let people know really how painful it is..just live with it.. im 44 now

I had Hodgkins Lymphoma at 19, a stoke at 34 and just this past August Covid 19. Cancer sucked, 6 month chemotherapy where I went from 133 lbs to 183. Then 3 months of radiation , where I went from 183 down to 133. 35 years later I am back up over 190. Cancer sucked but the stroke was 10 times worse. I was left handed and of course the stroke affected my left side, so I had to learn to do everything right handed. My hand writing look like a 2nd graders. Thank God I regained my ability to walk, live independently and resume working full time. Cancer was die or be cured, no other options. A stroke was work to regain your physical abilities or live disabled the rest or your life. Fortunately I recovered enough to live a fairly normal life but never regained to use of my left arm and hand.

Reactions: countrybob

I also have a hiatal hernia, have had it since I was about 20. I'm 53 now. No surgery. Only issues I have is sometimes food or drink gets " stuck " and causes hiccups, severe heartburn and occasionally acid reflux. Prilosec as needed keeps it in check for the most part.

Also have something called "large granular lymphocytes". Basically my bone marrow produces an over abundance of white blood cells. Had CT scans, blood work and a bone marrow biopsy. No symptoms and no real treatment, however it's not life threatening or something to be worried about.

Carpal tunnel in my left wrist that I'm going to get fixed next year sometime.

Mostly old man pains.

Knees: Dislocated the right one 5 times. The left, 4 times.
Ankles: Stopped counting how many times I've snapped them 90 degrees. Stopped playing competitive sports due to my stretchy ligaments.
Eyes: Three detached retinas. FML
Right foot: Arthritis in my big toe where it connects to the foot (biggest joint). No cartilage. Bone on bone.
Penis: BIG

Other than that, low blood pressure, eat whatever I want, low tri-glycerides. Boxes can still move!

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Had a ruptured appendix at 14. Surgeon said it was the worst case he had ever seen anyone live through. 10 days in the hospital sucked. Tore a calf muscle playing “old man” softball a few years ago. My muscle still looks jacked up next to the one that wasn’t torn. Oh and I just got over COVID.

At 6 months old I had surgery on my left shoulder for a hemangioma. In third grade broke my nose tackling a sixth grader playing football. In 7th grade had a fork go through my right foot from the top. In eigth grade had a nail go through my right foot. Had several sprained ankles freshman and sophomore year. Between Jr and Sr year dislocated my right ankle. At age 19 had a harrow tooth drop on my right shoulder and impale me leaving a 1 inch diameter hole. Oh I forgot, was knocked out twice my Jr year making a tackle. At age 26 was hospitalized overnight with heat stroke. At age 44 had west nile virus. Forgot, day before my 30th birthday broke my c6 vertibrae getting thrown off my horse. Shirley broke my heart at age 17. In 2006 had knee scoped. In 2007 had an electric fence post go through the palm if my right hand. Seven years ago had left hip replaced. Six years ago severed my left achilles tendon. Two years ago had right hip replaced. Two years ago one of my bulls got to me in an alley way, through me in the air and then beat the hell out of me breaking all ribs on left side and most on the right side.

Other than that and being old and overweight, I have the blood tests of wonderfully healthy person.

Now that I've written all this, how the hell am I still alive....plus I probably forgot something.

Yes I did. I broke toe in right foot playing town team BB at age 22. Got my right index finger hit with pool ball now I have arthritis in it

At 6 months old I had surgery on my left shoulder for a hemangioma. In third grade broke my nose tackling a sixth grader playing football. In 7th grade had a fork go through my right foot from the top. In eigth grade had a nail go through my right foot. Had several sprained ankles freshman and sophomore year. Between Jr and Sr year dislocated my right ankle. At age 19 had a harrow tooth drop on my right shoulder and impale me leaving a 1 inch diameter hole. Oh I forgot, was knocked out twice my Jr year making a tackle. At age 26 was hospitalized overnight with heat stroke. At age 44 had west nile virus. Forgot, day before my 30th birthday broke my c6 vertibrae getting thrown off my horse. Shirley broke my heart at age 17. In 2006 had knee scoped. In 2007 had an electric fence post go through the palm if my right hand. Seven years ago had left hip replaced. Six years ago severed my left achilles tendon. Two years ago had right hip replaced. Two years ago one of my bulls got to me in an alley way, through me in the air and then beat the hell out of me breaking all ribs on left side and most on the right side.

Other than that and being old and overweight, I have the blood tests of wonderfully healthy person.

Now that I've written all this, how the hell am I still alive....plus I probably forgot something.

Yes I did. I broke toe in right foot playing town team BB at age 22. Got my right index finger hit with pool ball now I have arthritis in it
You wouldn’t happen to be Tim the tool man? Btw I drilled a hole in my left hand and and doc Sullivan had to show it to all the college students who happened to be a Thayer county hospital that day :oops:

Reactions: huskerfan66
You wouldn’t happen to be Tim the tool man? Btw I drilled a hole in my left hand and and doc Sullivan had to show it to all the college students who happened to be a Thayer county hospital that day :oops:
Not Tim the tool man but argh argh

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT