ADVERTISEMENT

What about coordinators?

dand84

Blackshirt
Oct 28, 2017
Most of the talk is on current/former coaches, with good reason. But it could be a coordinator. Here are some that I am interested in. A few have been talked about quite a bit already.

1. BOB - Two of the best coaches in the modern era keep hiring him. He understands pressure.
2. Todd Monken - Georgia OC with lots of pro and P5 experience.
3. Alex Grinch - USC DC with DC stints at OU and OSU. Young and hopefully hungry.
4. Jeff Grimes - OC Baylor. Lots of major P5 experience and importantly, offensive line coaching.

Most of the talk is on current/former coaches, with good reason. But it could be a coordinator. Here are some that I am interested in. A few have been talked about quite a bit already.

1. BOB - Two of the best coaches in the modern era keep hiring him. He understands pressure.
3. Alex Grinch - USC DC with DC stints at OU and OSU. Young and hopefully hungry.
4. Jeff Grimes - OC Baylor. Lots of major P5 experience and importantly, offensive line coaching.
Garrett Riley and Joe Brady would be top of the list for me. Todd Monken and BoB would be decent, not really sure about the other two.

I’d imagine Vance Joesph @ DC is the play if Mickey becomes coach. Can’t see Kliff making it too much longer in AZ so seems natural for him
to move if Mickey is HC

Reactions: otismotis08
If it's a coordinator who has zero HC experience I'm going to be very nervous.

I don't think most coordinators will be prepared for the pressure and the 24/7 fishbowl you under here as the HC.

Hopefully we're getting close to an announcement.

If it's a coordinator who has zero HC experience I'm going to be very nervous.

I don't think most coordinators will be prepared for the pressure and the 24/7 fishbowl you under here as the HC.

Hopefully we're getting close to an announcement.
Maybe, but some of the coordinators are pretty salty and experienced at high pressure schools. I think that balances a HC without top tier experience.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

Josh Gattis

I don't want Alex Grinch anywhere near our defense. He's terrible.

Iowa has been beating us like a drum for the past 7 years and going to bowl games.
Good for them? Beating the worst Nebraska teams in 50 years? Being the team that gets roasted on national outlets because their offense is a literal joke? Never realistically competing for a conference title since the 80s? Hanging actual participation banners? Yes, participation banners. Unreal. No thanks. Iowa is stuck with Brian.

Iowa has been beating us like a drum for the past 7 years and going to bowl games.
You realize that isn’t the sick burn you think it is? Name a P5 playing us regularly that isn’t? Also, maybe lookup “beating like a drum”. 2 blowouts and a bunch of TD/FG margins against the worst Husker teams of all time isn’t something I’m writing home about.

Reactions: BleedRed78

If you are looking to coordinators for the new HC, you might as well stick with MJ. The coordinators any new HC hires will be the success or failure of the program. MJ already has the team buy-in and a DC who has proven success with the current players. NU needs an OC who plays B1G football and coaches to his team's strengths and weaknesses. A competent OC this year and we wouldn't be waiting for the new HC announcement.

This is a great breakdown of college football coordinators that may or may not be head coaching candidates at some point! Great post!

Reactions: dand84
ADVERTISEMENT