ADVERTISEMENT

What a bunch of fucking fair-weather fucking fucks

UNI was a wake up call that our Defense is not good as advertised. Although Colorado is also 3-1 it was Fools Gold.

I think it was the team that mostly bought into the 7-0 talk more so than the fans on this board. Too many letdowns the last 10 years to buy into anything.

I like our chances against Purdue but see losses to Rutgers and Indiana. Just being real. Dylan can’t do it all. Our O line still false starts, whiffs on blocks, and can’t get any push. Rutgers is going to be too physical for us. Indiana is going to feast on our secondary. 4-3 going into the Ohio St game.

I see 6-6, 7-5 at best this year. Bowl game at least. Should have been that last year but we’re a year behind. Still waiting for help on the O-line and a placekicker we can depend on.

I’m still not sure this team has committed to an identity on offense. DR is refreshing in that he seems to be able to read defenses fairly well, can make simple passes to the RBs and doesn’t commit boneheaded TOs. The difference Saturday was the experienced Illinois QB. I think the Illinois game plan was better as well. Still hoping for 6 wins……I did think 8 was possible before the UNI game. Nebraska needs to beat Purdue and UCLA for sure and then get one more that they may not be favored in.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Offense barely missed on some key plays against a good defense. It’s splitting hairs to say we needed to run it more and beat our head against a wall. There was too many 0-1 yard gains on the ground. The passing game was plainly working better. That’s what got us down the field and into the end zone.

The defense wasn’t even close against a QB who will be a car salesman next season. So many veterans got torched and committed really stupid penalties. White looked majorly out-schemed. That performance needs to be a fluke for them or we’re in trouble.

The Illinois receivers were so wide open all the time, I could have made those throws! The only reason Illinois ran the ball was to kill the clock because we definitely couldn't defend the passing game.

The Illinois receivers were so wide open all the time, I could have made those throws! The only reason Illinois ran the ball was to kill the clock because we definitely couldn't defend the passing game.
DCTW talking in the presser about them only having 30 yards rushing in the first half but conveniently omitting their QB going like ~11/13 for ~ 170 yards was just silly.

Loss was concerning to me in the manner in which it happened. Another close loss, both lines pushed around, and defensively showing multiple missed assignments, and lack of discipline. With that being said, my outlook for wins on the season hasn't really changed as I see it a 7-8 win season. What this game changes was my opinion on where an outlier record would be more likely 6 than 9 wins at this point.

kill the clock in a game they were losing or tied in for 50+ minutes?

wrong

they ran the ball because it's their identity and precursor to everything they did in the pass game. play action & RPOs killed us because of their commitment to the run

kill the clock in a game they were losing or tied in for 50+ minutes?

wrong

they ran the ball because it's their identity and precursor to everything they did in the pass game. play action & RPOs killed us because of their commitment to the run
Illinois - 34 runs per game
Nebraska - 38.3 runs per game
Both teams - 3.7 YPC

We use numbers to filter out subjective nonsense like “running the ball is their identity”

Illinois - 34 runs per game
Nebraska - 38.3 runs per game
Both teams - 3.7 YPC

We use numbers to filter out subjective nonsense like “running the ball is their identity”
What?

Illinois has attempted more runs than us (137 attempts to 131, not including sacks allowed) despite running 20 less total plays

Your numbers are flipped, smart guy

And your YPC isn’t even close (4.3 for ILL, 4.1 for us, both including sack yardage)

Try again

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
OK I' m just going to say it, you two need to build a bridge and get over it. You both seem like really great dudes I'd be happy to have as a neighbor, which means I'd help ya out anytime anywhere...pls move past whatever started this and hit the reset button.
OIP.Cwa14eqlGV4P2QZYu-CS1QHaF7

OK I' m just going to say it, you two need to build a bridge and get over it. You both seem like really great dudes I'd be happy to have as a neighbor, which means I'd help ya out anytime anywhere...pls move past whatever started this and hit the reset button.
He’s had 2 chances to apologize to me for what he said about why my infant was in the hospital

He’s declined each, instead opting to lean into his butthurt bitch persona

He can get f’d

• Sad
Reactions: HuskAir
He’s entirely in the wrong

“Great dude.” He can kiss my ass

Won’t be missed or remembered when he eventually leaves

my guess is, you didn't really mean a few things you've said on this board or in real life either....extending some grace where it's needed sometimes (in both directions) can feel really great and maybe both of ya'll need to maybe consider these endless message board digs at each other isn't helping anything and i wonder if i'm not the only one who just clicks out of a thread when they start.... be my last word on the subject

my guess is, you didn't really mean a few things you've said on this board or in real life either....extending some grace where it's needed sometimes (in both directions) can feel really great and maybe both of ya'll need to maybe consider these endless message board digs at each other isn't helping anything and i wonder if i'm not the only one who just clicks out of a thread when they start.... be my last word on the subject
I gave him another chance to do the right thing and be a man.

He is a coward, deserves his scarlet letter.

It’s a fair point, but it’s also pretty good message board theater. Both strong writers, both 100% convinced they’re right and not willing to back down in the slightest, bitterness, controlled but simmering anger—it’s always a complete bloodbath when those two go at it. With the pussification of the NHL in recent years, Kong vs Someday may be the closest thing to Red Wings/Avalanche that we’ll ever see again.

Well I did write it, can’t get anything past this guy. I simply believe in Karma, man. I sincerely didn’t mean to offend with that comment. It’s genuinely what I believe could be happening. It probably wasn’t the time or place for me to weigh in on that, so as a fellow family man, I’m sorry for that.

I do not care for your remorse, your apologies, your excuses, or any of your worthless thoughts in general.

you believe my opinions about Nebraska Football put my little girl in the hospital because you don't agree with them. softest shit ever.

get f****d.

Here’s my apology to him awhile back. In his rage, he forgot that he emphatically refused my apology at the time so then he said it wasn’t good enough, etc and wants me to do it again lol. His second paragraph isn’t remotely true.

@Frozone that’s an awesome response 🤣 but i think more are understandably in the Litespeed camp of being annoyed as hell

Here’s my apology to him awhile back. In his rage, he forgot that he emphatically refused my apology at the time so then he said it wasn’t good enough, etc and wants me to do it again lol. His second paragraph isn’t remotely true.

@Frozone that’s an awesome response 🤣 but i think more are understandably in the Litespeed camp of being annoyed as hell
“It’s genuinely what I believe could be happening” is no apology, it’s a little bitch cop out. Hence my response to your disingenuous, meaningless words.

And you’re no family man. No man who knows anything about family makes that comment about somebody’s sweet, innocent infant, much less triple down on it

Coward

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
We have a perfect opponent in Purdue to get right. ND had a bad loss to niu and killed PU the following game. We need rhule to stop the nice guy routine and just run up the score on Purdue. No let up, be like Urban after a loss and put up 50+.
I am confident that he isn’t being mr. Nice-guy behind the scenes. These first few weeks have exposed some real concerns that need fixing quickly. He best be getting pretty pissy.

I am confident that he isn’t being mr. Nice-guy behind the scenes. These first few weeks have exposed some real concerns that need fixing quickly. He best be getting pretty pissy.
I don’t think Rhule’s ever been under a microscope quite like he is in Lincoln. Doubt it was even that bad at Carolina.

I LOVE Bo and wish he had never been fired (so do the Bo haters but they will never admit it) and he was right BUT that doesn't mean he wasn't also wrong. We as fans are supposed to react and overreact, thank god we do, that is why NU has 400 sellouts. We LOVE this program.
🤮 don’t agree he was toxic the longer he was here. If he was such a great coach why is he unemployed

His finale in LSU was definitely … something.
He was a much better fit as a position coach in the NFL. Tom made a mistake in hiring Bo. He wasn't cut out to run NU but Hawks got his wish against Frank's advice to Tom. His defense in that national title year at LSU should have been a warning as well. They were loaded and they still got torched in multiple games.

Illinois's RB average 5.8 yards per carry....
Definitely not. According to teamrankings.com and ESPN.com all their RBs have a combined 573 yards on 117 carries = 4.9 YPC. Their lead back averages 4.5, where Dowdell averages 5.

Nebraska RBs have a combined 536 yards on 111 carries = 4.83 (I even omitted HH carries as a RB, he has at least 2)

Nebraska runs more with WRs and it works very well for us. (5-51 vs. 1-(-1)) so when you take out QB scrambles/sacks, add the WR runs, they have a whopping TWO more attempts than us with LESS yards. (118-116) we average 5.06YPC > 4.85 for them. We have run more total plays than them but that equates to only a 1.9% higher run rate for them and again, they’re worse at running than we are. Yet they are a “power run” team and we’re a “finesse pass” team. Just not at all accurate and like I said, completely splitting hairs at best.

If you guys could share your source for stats we could maybe figure out where all this discrepancy is coming from but two different popular sites say you’re wrong.

Definitely not. According to teamrankings.com and ESPN.com all their RBs have a combined 573 yards on 117 carries
also wrong.

take out all their QB and WR runs and it's 119 carries.

though, that is idiotic because the QB run game is part of their offense and not all of those are scrambles/sacks.

you can find sacks allowed by looking at the QB's "sack" stat. he's been sacked 7 times, exactly the same as DR.

the more you post the dumber you get.

Definitely not. According to teamrankings.com and ESPN.com all their RBs have a combined 573 yards on 117 carries = 4.9 YPC. Their lead back averages 4.5, where Dowdell averages 5.

Nebraska RBs have a combined 536 yards on 111 carries = 4.83 (I even omitted HH carries as a RB, he has at least 2)

Nebraska runs more with WRs and it works very well for us. (5-51 vs. 1-(-1)) so when you take out QB scrambles/sacks, add the WR runs, they have a whopping TWO more attempts than us with LESS yards. (118-116) we average 5.06YPC > 4.85 for them. We have run more total plays than them but that equates to only a 1.9% higher run rate for them and again, they’re worse at running than we are. Yet they are a “power run” team and we’re a “finesse pass” team. Just not at all accurate and like I said, completely splitting hairs at best.

If you guys could share your source for stats we could maybe figure out where all this discrepancy is coming from but two different popular sites say you’re wrong.
He averaged 5.8 against us. Don’t care what he did against other teams.

Do you have an alert set on your phone for when Kong posts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT