ADVERTISEMENT

WFT / Brady

Brady is going to double up the second place quarterback with all time wins in the playoffs. He'll have 31 after tonight to Joe Montana's 16. Remarkable.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Brady is going to double up the second place quarterback with all time wins in the playoffs. He'll have 31 after tonight to Joe Montana's 16. Remarkable.
Helps playing in a trash division for his entire career with either an elite defense, elite skill players, or both simultaneously. And an elite coach.

With the talent he has in Tampa it’s embarrassing they only got a Wild Card. Especially with his suspiciously improved arm strength.

Helps playing in a trash division for his entire career with either an elite defense, elite skill players, or both simultaneously. And an elite coach.

With the talent he has in Tampa it’s embarrassing they only got a Wild Card. Especially with his suspiciously improved arm strength.

GOAT

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Yeah..... I dunno. Pretty hard to nitpick Brady. Maybe if he only had 1 or 2 Super Bowls. You don’t just luck into six Super Bowls by having good defense and coach. Heck, Joe Montana played with the best WR of all time and had a hall of fame coach. Elway didn’t win anything until he had Terrell Davis. You could make those same arguments about ANYONE with multiple championships.

Edit: Also, how is it embarrassing to go 11-5?

Yeah..... I dunno. Pretty hard to nitpick Brady. Maybe if he only had 1 or 2 Super Bowls. You don’t just luck into six Super Bowls by having good defense and coach. Heck, Joe Montana played with the best WR of all time and had a hall of fame coach. Elway didn’t win anything until he had Terrell Davis. You could make those same arguments about ANYONE with multiple championships.

Edit: Also, how is it embarrassing to go 11-5?
They have far and away the best roster in the NFL. They’d be the top seed with a good number of QBs in place of Brady.

I recommend watching this if for no other reason this guy’s funny. I actually have nothing against Brady other than I think he’s highly overrated, and this guy makes great points to back it up:

They have far and away the best roster in the NFL. They’d be the top seed with a good number of QBs in place of Brady.

I recommend watching this if for no other reason this guy’s funny. I actually have nothing against Brady other than I think he’s highly overrated, and this guy makes great points to back it up:
They have lots of big names, but that doesn’t always translate. Leonard Fornette was a bust for the jags. Gronk isn’t much a regular season player anymore. Their WR core has been hurt a lot. Lavonte David is probably best linebacker in football though. They probably should have won another game or two maybe but taking the perennial average to awful Bucs to 11-5 and the playoffs isn’t embarrassing. THEY HADNT BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS SINCE 2007! Brady was still throwing bombs to Randy moss that year.

They have lots of big names, but that doesn’t always translate. Leonard Fornette was a bust for the jags. Gronk isn’t much a regular season player anymore. Their WR core has been hurt a lot. Lavonte David is probably best linebacker in football though. They probably should have won another game or two maybe but taking the perennial average to awful Bucs to 11-5 and the playoffs isn’t embarrassing. THEY HADNT BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS SINCE 2007! Brady was still throwing bombs to Randy moss that year.
Great offensive line, three elite receivers, great defense. Two good RBs. Fournette was actually really good with Jacksonville. They just had a falling out. But I’m not arguing their RBs are elite, though they’re pretty good. Agree Gronk’s a non-factor.

I can count 10 QBs that would’ve won 11+ games with that roster. My main argument isn’t about this season though. The guy is 42 to be fair to him. But I think Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and maybe a couple more win just as many rings as him if they had the following from 2001-2019: the AFC East, Patriot defenses, a few years of Randy Moss, a few more with Gronk, the Patriots kicking advantage, and quite a bit of luck.

I don’t like Tom Brady, but you’re smoking some serious crack. He is the best QB of all time. He has 30 career playoff wins , and this is the first time in his career that he has been on a wildcard team!

Great offensive line, three elite receivers, great defense. Two good RBs. Fournette was actually really good with Jacksonville. They just had a falling out. But I’m not arguing their RBs are elite, though they’re pretty good. Agree Gronk’s a non-factor.

I can count 10 QBs that would’ve won 11+ games with that roster. My main argument isn’t about this season though. The guy is 42 to be fair to him. But I think Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and maybe a couple more win just as many rings as him if they had the following from 2001-2019: the AFC East, Patriot defenses, a few years of Randy Moss, a few more with Gronk, the Patriots kicking advantage, and quite a bit of luck.
Don’t forget Aaron Hernandez Eek

I don’t like Tom Brady, but you’re smoking some serious crack. He is the best QB of all time. He has 30 career playoff wins , and this is the first time in his career that he has been on a wildcard team!
Team sport. Tremendously favorable circumstances helped him get those Ws.

Still very impressive.

Do you not understand the point you're making? As a team and as an organization they assembled all of that talent, managed free agency, drafted brilliantly and developed their talent. They stayed at the top for nearly 20 years.

Do you not understand the point you're making? As a team and as an organization they assembled all of that talent, managed free agency, drafted brilliantly and developed their talent. They stayed at the top for nearly 20 years.
I agree. The point I’m making is that a handful of 21st century QBs would’ve won as much or more if they swapped circumstances with Brady.

Well what if Brady had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James in their primes? would he have won more than the one super bowl Manning did in Indy? Or what if Brady had Denver’s great defense that carried Peyton to the Super Bowl his last year.

You can come up with plenty of these arguments. Sucks that Brady has six... but at least he lost those other three I guess?

It's probably just a coincidence that New England sucked the second Brady walked out the door and he took his new team to a playoff win while the old one was at home watching TV in that crappy division that hasn't changed much in one season and still has the same coach

Last edited:
It's probably just a coincidence that New England sucked the second Brady walked out the door and he took his new team to a playoff win while the old one was at home watching TV in that crappy division that hasn't changed much in one season and still has the same coach

Brady is 1 and 5 against teams with a winning record with 10 TDs and 9 INTs. New England finally has a competent division again with Buffalo with 12 wins and Miami with 10 wins.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Team sport. Tremendously favorable circumstances helped him get those Ws.

He gets to the Super Bowl about every 2 years over a 20 year period and wins them 2/3 attempts... But I am to believe all that success is because 3 other teams in his division struggled.....which somehow affected all the other AFC teams that didn't struggle, and who made it to the playoffs, who Brady had to go through to get to the Super Bowl, including the NFC, which managed to send their best team to meet him in each of those games? Interesting theory.

He gets to the Super Bowl about every 2 years over a 20 year period and wins them 2/3 attempts... But I am to believe all that success is because 3 other teams in his division struggled.....which somehow affected all the other AFC teams that didn't struggle, and who made it to the playoffs, who Brady had to go through to get to the Super Bowl, including the NFC, which managed to send their best team to meet him in each of those games? Interesting theory.
You just described team accomplishments.

And yes, his team got to play 6 games against an @$$ division every year which helped them secure a bye and sometimes home field advantage. And Brady has sucked in the playoffs his entire career, even in games they win.

Watch the vid I posted. If you have good rebuttals to his points I’d like to hear them. And saying “bUt AlL hE dOeS iS wIn” is not a good rebuttal. Matt Cassel didn’t start a game since high school and led them to 11 wins and a top 8 offense.

It actually is a coincidence if you look at the details rather than just look at the standings.

1) The Patriots suffered by far the most attrition with COVID opt outs. Pretty much their entire defense, which was historically great last year, opted out. Result? Their defense sucked.

2) Their offense was also depleted. Zero playmakers. QB decision was down to Stidham or sign Cam Newton. They chose the latter and ran a college-esque power football scheme with about 15 passes a game.

3) SysTom was well aware of point #2, which is why he bolted. Do you think if the Patriots had Tampa’s line, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin, he would’ve bolted? Obviously not. They wouldn’t have made the playoffs had he stayed. They finished last season 2-4. He knew what was coming.

4) For the first time since Drew Bledsoe was the QB in New England, the AFC East decides to be good! Bills are elite and Dolphins are respectable.

On the surface it looks like Brady is the winner of the Brady v Belichick debate this year, when in fact it’s the opposite. Patriots had no business winning as many games as they did, and Tampa had no business losing 5 games with their roster.

Last edited:

Ok, as a long time bucs fan and knowing this team very well, I have to disagree with the great offensive line and great defense.

The offensive line is solid at best, we did upgrade with Tristan Wirfs at right tackle, but for what ever reason we stick with Donovan Smith at left tackle, and man he has to be one of the worst starters in the league, guy is a revolving door, when he can hold a block longer then a second it’s a pleasant surprise, so don’t be surprised if we look that way in the draft or free agency this year. The rest of the O-line is pretty solid the best probably being Ali Marpet. Alex Cappa and Ryan Jensen are both solid middle of the pack O-linemen, that have both been out at some point this year due to injury. There’s a reason no one on that O-line is an all pro.

The defense I talk about this all the time, and I will say I like having Tod Bowles there is the D coordinator, he makes it fun to watch, but again D is solid not great, just watch the games vs the Saints to understand that. Overall the front 7 I’d say is great you have David, JPP, White (whose been out last two games for COVID), and Barrett, and Suh and really missing Vea who was injured early on this year. The secondary is what kills us they get saved by rushed throws due to the pressure provided by that front 7, but if a QB can get some time they pick us a part, which is again why I say if you don’t believe watch the Saints games. Winfield seems to be a solid pick there at free safety but we need to upgrade at strong safety and at Corner. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us hit the secondary hard in the draft and free agency as well this year, along with possibly trying to look for Brady’s replacement early on too...

Overall 11-5 is solid we lost a few key pieces in O.J Howard and Vita Vea but had solid enough replacements for them. The biggest issue was it took Brady longer to get that connection with the offense, which shouldn’t be surprising due to all the off season restrictions due to COVID, and you know his first new team/ system since you, you know, like when he was drafted... we have started to pick up the pace but I don’t think this is our year still. I don’t think we play good enough in prime time games, for most of the Bucs and all of the ones that were drafted by the Bucs since like 2008 this is their first playoff games ever. I’m happy to see us in there, and happy to see us win yesterday hopefully we can win it all but we will see, GO BUCS, and GO BIG RED!

Reactions: Herbert Husker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT