ADVERTISEMENT

Westroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walleye79

Senior
Mar 7, 2021
Anybody know what is happening at the mall? Heard the police are there and possibly shots fired?

The mall scene is just crazy these days. I feel safe myself, but not sure the general population would feel the same way. Wolf > sheep

Haven't been in quite a few years. Still a popular spot for underperformers in our society?

Its the new gang member hangout spot. Guarantee it was a retaliation shooting. Most shooting victims dont drive themselves to the hospital unless its gang related. Omaha is Little Chicago anymore.

Its the new gang member hangout spot. Guarantee it was a retaliation shooting. Most shooting victims dont drive themselves to the hospital unless its gang related. Omaha is Little Chicago anymore.
Outdoor malls like Village Point solve this.

random?
i only stroll thru to the malls once or twice a year, not because of shootings, per se.

active shooter - at least 3 more people killed in austin mall.

malls are still important, to try on, test out things your gonna buy cheaper online..

till the usps, stops giving amazon a free ride, anyway

westroads went downhill when they got the buses going there...

Reactions: baseball31ne
The OWH reports the police have two brothers in custody in connection with the Westroads shooting. The younger brother, 16, is allegedly the shooter. The older brother, 18, is charged as an accessory. The victim was 21 years old.

The OWH reports the police have two brothers in custody in connection with the Westroads shooting. The younger brother, 16, is allegedly the shooter. The older brother, 18, is charged as an accessory. The victim was 21 years old.

Did the brothers shoot another brother?

Yet it’s all about police shooting brothers that only matters.🙄

No they were down there protesting the shooting of a man back in November that reportedly drew a gun on a cop and got killed for it. They claim no justice has been served yet.
Wow! I just don’t know what to say after reading that. These are definitely trying times.

Many on and off this board have accused myself and other Husker fans of living in the past but I honestly wish I could go back to the 80’s and 90’s. Not only was Husker Football better but people in general had better manners and were definitely a lot smarter back then.

Did the brothers shoot another brother?

Yet it’s all about police shooting brothers that only matters.🙄

Whether the 16 year old was actually the shooter or not, I'm sure he'll take the rap for it. Much lower penalties for a minor. Pretty standard M.O. for gangs, have a minor along and they "admit" to being the trigger man. Relative slap on the wrist because of how the juvenile system works, and they get the cred with the gang while the actual adult trigger man stays free.

As an aside, I generally do not go to malls because most are posted to not allow concealed carry. I can't even remember the last time I went to a mall when visiting Omaha in large part for that reason.

Here in Illinois, state law says a business, including malls, must be posted at every entrance to be in compliance. Most malls manage to miss one entrance, and I always make sure I enter at that door for plausible deniability.

Wow! I just don’t know what to say after reading that. These are definitely trying times.

Many on and off this board have accused myself and other Husker fans of living in the past but I honestly wish I could go back to the 80’s and 90’s. Not only was Husker Football better but people in general had better manners and were definitely a lot smarter back then.

So in your words the older we have become we are less smarter and have no manners..

🖕

public execution of gangbangers. no matter the age would stop that shit right now. I like how Sammy the Bull plied his trade. From his book: “UNDERBOSS”

“ A prolific hit man, Gravano rose through the ranks of both the Colombo and Gambino crime ... typically slaughtered his victims with an ice pick jammed into the ear.” Oh Nellie fumble! Lobotomy time.

Whether the 16 year old was actually the shooter or not, I'm sure he'll take the rap for it. Much lower penalties for a minor. Pretty standard M.O. for gangs, have a minor along and they "admit" to being the trigger man. Relative slap on the wrist because of how the juvenile system works, and they get the cred with the gang while the actual adult trigger man stays free.

As an aside, I generally do not go to malls because most are posted to not allow concealed carry. I can't even remember the last time I went to a mall when visiting Omaha in large part for that reason.

Here in Illinois, state law says a business, including malls, must be posted at every entrance to be in compliance. Most malls manage to miss one entrance, and I always make sure I enter at that door for plausible deniability.
couldn’t he be tried as an adult

What I kinda find interesting is that a Veland was shot by a Woolridge, wonder if these 2 are related to 2 former Huskers? One football, the other Basketball

The Omaha Babylon Bee headline
Bee-Podcast-Art.jpg

BLM and Local activist Ernie Chambers team up to hold march and conference at 30th & Lake to have roundtable discussion with locals leaders and citizens on how to prevent future Westroads tragedies. Turnout was sparse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT