ADVERTISEMENT

Were post season exit interviews just completed?

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Might explain why the rash of portal guys today. Frost told them where they stood and they decided to go elsewhere because they didn't like what they heard. I don't think Warner and Farniok are much of a loss.

McCaffrey should be open to moving positions if he wants to play in the league. Doesn't make sense to me that his family isn't telling him the same thing. They've got to know that his future isn't at QB, right? It also seems a bit odd to me that a kid who played other positions until he was a senior in HS wasn't more open to moving if that's why he is transferring.

Might explain why the rash of portal guys today. Frost told them where they stood and they decided to go elsewhere because they didn't like what they heard. I don't think Warner and Farniok are much of a loss.

McCaffrey should be open to moving positions if he wants to play in the league. Doesn't make sense to me that his family isn't telling him the same thing. They've got to know that his future isn't at QB, right? It also seems a bit odd to me that a kid who played other positions until he was a senior in HS wasn't more open to moving if that's why he is transferring.
Plausible observation.

First thing I thought based on numbers and players.

Reactions: dinglefritz

All three are no big loss.

Mustache can’t catch the ball.
Farniok who? played in one game.
LM is a turnover machine. Never will be an NFL QB. Could be a good receiver but needs to put on weight.

Frees up Scholarships for players that can actually make a difference here.

agree. there will be more next year as kids figure out how young the starters are going to be. No one wants to sit on the bench for most of their college career. the OL is going to be mainly freshman/sophs which means anyone not a starter may never get to be a starter in their career at neb. the scholarship distribution on the OL is really lopsided towards lower classmen. once the players actually figure that out there will be ramifications

agree. there will be more next year as kids figure out how young the starters are going to be. No one wants to sit on the bench for most of their college career. the OL is going to be mainly freshman/sophs which means anyone not a starter may never get to be a starter in their career at neb. the scholarship distribution on the OL is really lopsided towards lower classmen. once the players actually figure that out there will be ramifications
One of these times you’re gonna be right about people transferring out... I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone post about players transferring out as much as you. I imagine you’ve posted a variation of this post in every single thread you’ve posted in.

One of these times you’re gonna be right about people transferring out... I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone post about players transferring out as much as you. I imagine you’ve posted a variation of this post in every single thread you’ve posted in.

It’s wild. It’s like he really doesn’t understand how CFB works. Every school has 85 scholarships, not just Nebraska. I think that guy has to have a friend, son, nephew or something that is burried on the depth chart. His constantly posting this like we have Alabama depth or something is crazy.

They did it today to stay on scholarship for the semester. Same thing that Dylan McCaffery did at UM. Waited until classes had started to stay on scholarship while looking for somewhere else to go.
No doubt that is the reason. But by staying at UNL for the semester they also will miss Spring Practice at their future school of choice.

In Luke's case you wouldn't think the scholarship dollars matter so much but I guess that would be wrong thinking.

Reactions: headcard

LM is a turnover machine. Never will be an NFL QB. Could be a good receiver but needs to put on weight.

LM is a loss if he would have understood that playing QB has very little value in BIG. He does have skills that maybe some other coach will be honest with him about and get him to play another position. Too bad Frost thought he and Verdo could make him a qb.

What's sad is that Luke is going to end up playing receiver somewhere else, because he didn't want to play receiver here. Unless he plays for Dad.

LM is a loss if he would have understood that playing QB has very little value in BIG. He does have skills that maybe some other coach will be honest with him about and get him to play another position. Too bad Frost thought he and Verdo could make him a qb.
This is a little bit presumptive I think... LM was honest about his intention to play QB. Not another position. If Frost and Verdu told him his future was at another position, do you really think he would have accepted that and stayed? Cuz I sure don’t...

Reactions: EVERED
This is a little bit presumptive I think... LM was honest about his intention to play QB. Not another position. If Frost and Verdu told him his future was at another position, do you really think he would have accepted that and stayed? Cuz I sure don’t...

I just have a hard time believing that Frost told him that he was going to have to switch to receiver. Just last week he anointed Luke as the future quarterback of this team.

Reactions: gw2kpro
I just have a hard time believing that Frost told him that he was going to have to switch to receiver. Just last week he anointed Luke as the future quarterback of this team.
This. And that wasn't just words, it was backed up by actions. He was given the keys to the offense this season over a healthy AM.

Until he wrapped it around a tree against Illinois (not Alabama, Illinois).

Reactions: timnsun
I don’t disagree… I guess my point was had the coaches said that, he would be packing his bags anyway. It was happening no matter what. To say that because the coaches weren’t honest is putting something on the coaches that isn’t accurate.

Maybe LM was getting mixed signals, as in being told he would be the future at the position, but could see that that was not likely to be true. I wonder if the coaches hoped he had the good sense to arrive at that conclusion on his own.

We can only give out 25 incoming scholarships this academic year regardless of kids leaving. 23 of those are spoken for, so it doesn’t free up anything.

No doubt that is the reason. But by staying at UNL for the semester they also will miss Spring Practice at their future school of choice.

In Luke's case you wouldn't think the scholarship dollars matter so much but I guess that would be wrong thinking.
My guess is that they could withdraw from class by a certain date and re-enroll somewhere else for spring and still practice. Nobody has stated for sure if Luke actually started classes for the spring at NU. I suspect he did not and withdrew actually before they started.

We can only give out 25 incoming scholarships this academic year regardless of kids leaving. 23 of those are spoken for, so it doesn’t free up anything.
It frees up a scholarship for a walk on already on the team. We had multiple walk ons this past year playing who didn't have a scholarship. If nothing else, it lets us reward them for at least a semester or two. You are correct though about the class size limits. What a headache for coaches. I almost feel like they are going to have to change the rules on class sizes to accomodate the monster they've created with free agency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT