ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Texas Could Really Do It This Time ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Outdoing itself, Texas this time could blow up more than one conference. The move to the SEC dooms the Big 12 for sure. But Texas might also be dooming the PAC in domino conference moves. Rumors even have USC potentially moving to the B1G as a response and some other PAC teams might then have to move some where as well. Possibly could see a merger of the remnants of the Big 12 and the PAC. At this point, nothing is out of the question it seems. The time is ripe I think for a super league.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Outdoing itself, Texas this time could blow up more than one conference. The move to the SEC dooms the Big 12 for sure. But Texas might also be dooming the PAC in domino conference moves. Rumors even have USC potentially moving to the B1G as a response and some other PAC teams might then have to move some where as well. Possibly could see a merger of the remnants of the Big 12 and the PAC. At this point, nothing is out of the question it seems. The time is ripe I think for a super league.
I think the demise of the Pac 12 is GREATLY over played. At some point, some grownups are going to step in and say hold on a minute. Moving to a conference composed wholly of teams on and east of the Missouri river all the way to New Jersey would be ludicrous.

Personally I still think it's eventually headed to one super league with geographical divisions and one gigantic media contract like the NFL.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This could be good for college football if Texas manages to destroy the SEC like everything else it has joined. I know it will never happen, but I’m not looking forward to super conferences and college being no different from the NFL.

I have zero idea what is going to happen and don't care to speculate.

Just seems to me if you are not one of the better or even elite teams now, it is going to be even more difficult to get there. Potential super leagues and NIL and going from bottom feeder to contender gets even more challenging IMHO.

Personally I still think it's eventually headed to one super league with geographical divisions and one gigantic media contract like the NFL.
+1 - I do agree it's going in this direction but there are so many egos that run the different conferences - (not just the heads but the coaches, teams...etc) - I think it would be hard to get them at the table to discuss it.

Unless someone like Amazon steps to the plate with an enormous bag of money - Big enough to be interesting to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT