ADVERTISEMENT

Well, one thing clear about Moos ...

I thought the Will Compton tweet was interesting. He suggested there were “suits” making this decision that were not involved with sports. Regardless, this makes Nebraska look like the chumps we are right now. By the camera man of James Dean we need wins more than anyone right now.

the AD reports to the president and the president to the regents. One regent posted very early on essentially “play the F-ing game” so I would be interested to know who these mysterious “suits” might be

If this is truly going to happen, a decision like this wasn't made by just the AD and football coach. IMO, I think it may look chicken sh##, but it's in the best interest of NU and the city of Lincoln.
What's best for the city of Lincoln has nothing to do with their decision other than it sounds nice to say.

It's amazing how out of touch those in the "ivory tower" can be.

He is BRAIN DEAD when it comes to really understanding the Husker fan base and Husker tradition. Nobody who understands those things would have considered cancelling the Oklahoma game for any reason whatsoever. He admitted it was under consideration.

And I'm totally shocked that Frost didn't talk Moos out of that immediately. Guess Frost must think he's going to get really whipped bad. He's probably right about that.

I love my Huskers, but I can’t see any possible way this is going to come out well for them traveling to Norman. I think Moos was smart in trying to find a way out of the game. I have some good friends, two brothers and their families, that I worked with in Seattle who live in Oklahoma and want me to come to the game. That is going to be tough to watch in person. (Why do my friends live in Oklahoma? Because in a town in Central Oklahoma who get a house for $350000 that is a palace. In Seattle you get a former crack house in a rough neighborhood)

Reactions: scarletred
It is uncanny how you can find a way to slam Frost on almost any subject. How do you know he was involved in the process. And if he was maybe he was the one that objected to the cancellation. Is your glass half empty or half full?
So show me in my post where I said any thing about Frost making us the laughing stock THIS time? Frost is paid 5 million a year to produce a record of 11-20 I think that deserves some scrutiny. I don't put him in a godly status like you do. I didn't think he was ready to be the head coach after Oregon or when we hired him from UCF and if you think he has did anything but prove me right you can go back to your Frost shrine. I'm over the rotating door of coaches so believe we need to stick with him for a while. His arrogance puts his foot in his mouth in interviews a lot so hopefully after what he has produced on the field some humility starts to set in.

Am I the way only person who thinks we have a shot at winning this game? Oklahoma is a very good team, but they are not unbeatable. Play solid defense against them, avoid stupid turnovers and penalties, and we have a chance.

Whether I think they can or can’t, I’m disappointed they we were looking at other avenues and not playing this game..
And I know you’re too..

Oklahoma will be the best team we play especially offensively..
No Big 10 offense is even close to being as explosive as OU will be...

You should try to have a sit down with these two you are talking about. Than come back and let us know what you think of them.
I'm pretty sure they work much harder than you. Just sayin.

Im talking results based performance to date. Working hard is a given but it has not pulled us out of the abyss. Both are evaluated by the bottom line which is 12-20. If that works for you so be it. Personally I would rather have winning seasons here with Bowl Games.

Am I the way only person who thinks we have a shot at winning this game? Oklahoma is a very good team, but they are not unbeatable. Play solid defense against them, avoid stupid turnovers and penalties, and we have a chance.

Only hope that I have it’s that it’s early and OU usually drops a game early. I don’t see this one being close. Could be like in ‘08 when we lost 62-28 type of score.

If this is truly going to happen, a decision like this wasn't made by just the AD and football coach. IMO, I think it may look chicken sh##, but it's in the best interest of NU and the city of Lincoln.
The city of Lincoln needs to focus it's economy on something other then seven weekends of Husker football in order to make the wheels turn. Weak economic leadership in that town forever.

Reactions: CatColumbia
It is uncanny how you can find a way to slam Frost on almost any subject. How do you know he was involved in the process. And if he was maybe he was the one that objected to the cancellation. Is your glass half empty or half full?
The coach at Nebraska has input into the scheduling, so yes he was involved. It may have been that he said "I want to play OU" and that stopped the schedule change it maybe he said "Bill I need a victory". We will never know, but Frost did have input.

Agree. Fear rules this man when the pressure rises. We are all aware of who has been and is making the shots in the AD.

This is rough because I thought there were some positive signs going into next season, but I guess Frosty didn't like what he saw on that OU tape.
Pressure is rising...professionally and

Sure, but just unsure if we can play solid defense and avoid the stupid.

Regardless, play the game and if we get curb-stomped so be it. It's all part of the growing up process.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Bullwinkle Moos needs to understand the value of the brand. He has given media and fans another reason to denigrate Nebraska. He would be at home at a WAC or a Big Sky school, not here. He doesn't get it.

Last edited:
The city of Lincoln needs to focus it's economy on something other then seven weekends of Husker football in order to make the wheels turn. Weak economic leadership in that town forever.
It does, and is in a strong position by nearly every financial and growth metric. The statement by the AD, it is the AD projecting business as a reason. Yes dTown tshirt shops, bars and hotels feast on 7 weekends, the city’s economy - hardly.

Frosts best wins at Nebraska thus far are 6-6 Michigan State in 2018 and 6-6 Illinois in 2019.

Playing on the road against a top 10 football program that has produced multiple heisman trophy candidates in the last 5 years is a certain loss.

Im talking results based performance to date. Working hard is a given but it has not pulled us out of the abyss. Both are evaluated by the bottom line which is 12-20. If that works for you so be it. Personally I would rather have winning seasons here with Bowl Games.
It is going to take time. Alot against Nebraska right now but have faith. Things will start to improve.
This Staff did have a pretty good recruiting class.....I would say many think better than the many teams ranked behind N.
So give it time.

Had a friend who was in downtown Lincoln yesterday for state basketball. He said Moos was at the bar by himself drinking rum and cokes at 2 in the afternoon...

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u
Had a friend who was in downtown Lincoln yesterday for state basketball. He said Moos was at the bar by himself drinking rum and cokes at 2 in the afternoon...

Ya I was with him drinking bourbon and 7’s...told him and get on the stick and make a statement, this is embarrassing..

Don't understand the money aspect. I thought the main reason Huskers went to Big 10 (besides wanting to get away from UT) was for the $. Have not kept up but assume Big 10 schools making much more than Big 12 schools. So how much more can Nebraska make playing Dominion in Lincoln rather than go to Norman? And have OU come back next year which will be a big TV deal (like this year).

He is BRAIN DEAD when it comes to really understanding the Husker fan base and Husker tradition. Nobody who understands those things would have considered cancelling the Oklahoma game for any reason whatsoever. He admitted it was under consideration.

And I'm totally shocked that Frost didn't talk Moos out of that immediately. Guess Frost must think he's going to get really whipped bad. He's probably right about that.
This sounds like a biased overreaction to me.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Don't understand the money aspect. I thought the main reason Huskers went to Big 10 (besides wanting to get away from UT) was for the $. Have not kept up but assume Big 10 schools making much more than Big 12 schools. So how much more can Nebraska make playing Dominion in Lincoln rather than go to Norman? And have OU come back next year which will be a big TV deal (like this year).
This wasn’t about money we’re not all fooled by that, but we’re in the process of building a 155 Million dollar football facility..

This sounds like a biased overreaction to me.
Not IF you've been a true, passionate Husker fan all your life. Obviously some fans don't get it and don't really appreciate the history of the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry. It was such a huge deal back in the day.

Not IF you've been a true, passionate Husker fan all your life. Obviously some fans don't get it and don't really appreciate the history of the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry. It was such a huge deal back in the day.
Defiantly was a huge ordeal for me going all the way back to our first conference championship in 21 years back in 1963 beating Wilkinson and Oklahoma a day after Kennedy was assassinated..

I respected OU. But I hated them also and wanted to beat them with a passion. The Big 12 and OU ruined the rivalry. Now "Duck and Cover" Frost needs to evaluate exactly what is our traditions are.

It's a sign of weakness. These are dark days for Husker fans. I hope that Scott Frost figures out how to win. it's embarrassing.
^^^^^This^^^^
Frost had better have a good outing this Fall because he and his boss just stuck their feet into a hornet‘s nest, inside a wet cow pie, inside a pile of pig shit. Husker fans are not going to forget this debacle anytime soon. Because it wasn’t just an “oops, my bad” mistake, but a gaffe that shows that Moos and Frost are desperate and out of touch and utterly clueless as to what State they are living in. I am still scratching my head in amazement that they could be that tone deaf and stupid.

I respected OU. But I hated them also and wanted to beat them with a passion. The Big 12 and OU ruined the rivalry. Now "Duck and Cover" Frost needs to evaluate exactly what is our traditions are.

Have always admired their fan base how passionate they were about their program just like our own Nebraska fans...

Never liked texass when they joined very arrogant fan base in Austin..

We ended up keeping the game anyways and look like total babies for nothing.

First we run away from the Big 12 then we want to run away from the B1G then we vote not to play in a bowl then try to weasel out of playing OU. Nebraska is a punchline to a very bad joke at this point.

We ended up keeping the game anyways and look like total babies for nothing.

First we run away from the Big 12 then we want to run away from the B1G then we vote not to play in a bowl then try to weasel out of playing OU. Nebraska is a punchline to a very bad joke at this point.

It's getting old. Scott Frost has to decide what NU will be known for. Running from it's commitments or winning.

And say what you want about Switzer. He made it fun and was a great coach. Bob Devaney's drinking buddy. Tom and Barry had a mutual respect for each other. Those were the days...

I think you have to define "best interests of NU". Making an a** of one's self is hardly in the best interest.

If the Oklahoma defense can stop your offense...your team is in serious trouble. Winking

I think ou returns 10 out of 11 on defense which was already pretty darn good last year. Best option might be to use the Cally strategy against OU and run every play, use the full clock and try to make the game go by as fast as possible.

Reactions: TFrazier
I think ou returns 10 out of 11 on defense which was already pretty darn good last year. Best option might be to use the Cally strategy against OU and run every play, use the full clock and try to make the game go by as fast as possible.

That is a great idea about the game plan. Too bad our play caller prefers not to run the ball and use all of the play clock. If he could run a play every 5 seconds he probably would. Winking

qZtMM4z.gif

Reactions: WC_'sker
ADVERTISEMENT