ADVERTISEMENT

Well, one thing clear about Moos ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
He is BRAIN DEAD when it comes to really understanding the Husker fan base and Husker tradition. Nobody who understands those things would have considered cancelling the Oklahoma game for any reason whatsoever. He admitted it was under consideration.

And I'm totally shocked that Frost didn't talk Moos out of that immediately. Guess Frost must think he's going to get really whipped bad. He's probably right about that.

He is BRAIN DEAD when it comes to really understanding the Husker fan base and Husker tradition. Nobody who understands those things would have considered cancelling the Oklahoma game for any reason whatsoever. He admitted it was under consideration.

And I'm totally shocked that Frost didn't talk Moos out of that immediately. Guess Frost must think he's going to get really whipped bad. He's probably right about that.

Definitely makes you think where this administrations heads are at 6 months before the game is played and having made a long term commitment 8 years ago..

I think it was Frost's idea.,..

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I think it was Frost's idea.,..

Agree. Fear rules this man when the pressure rises. We are all aware of who has been and is making the shots in the AD.

This is rough because I thought there were some positive signs going into next season, but I guess Frosty didn't like what he saw on that OU tape.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
It is getting old being the laughing stock of p5 teams. It's either Moos or Frost putting their foot in their mouth every year. Last year with Moos whining about scheduling and now this.
It sucks losing and sucking. But do you really take it personal? I mean, does it really bother you if people laugh at the huskers?

I just can't get too worked up about randos in social media talking smack.

It is getting old being the laughing stock of p5 teams. It's either Moos or Frost putting their foot in their mouth every year. Last year with Moos whining about scheduling and now this.
It is really nothing to get worked up about. In two years, Moos will be inebriated while relaxing on his farm watching Threes Company re-runs. Frost will be taking a year off to fish with the boys before he becomes the Tampa Bay Bucs DB coach. They both have the last laugh and the fans are still miserable, yet hopeful at the same time.

It sucks losing and sucking. But do you really take it personal? I mean, does it really bother you if people laugh at the huskers?

I just can't get too worked up about randos in social media talking smack.
this is very true. the only offense i took to any of it was the statement from Moos about NEB athletics being poor.
How indifferent does that make NEB look considering they brought in what? $75 million in revenue during the pandemic. Hundreds of thousands of americans lost all their revenue. It makes him look completely out of touch with the fans. I dont care if they have to put facilities behind a couple years. Thats part of life. They already have better facilities than many NFL franchises.

Agree. Fear rules this man when the pressure rises. We are all aware of who has been and is making the shots in the AD.

This is rough because I thought there were some positive signs going into next season, but I guess Frosty didn't like what he saw on that OU tape.

WTH?

It is uncanny how you can find a way to slam Frost on almost any subject. How do you know he was involved in the process. And if he was maybe he was the one that objected to the cancellation. Is your glass half empty or half full?

I know we got a bit of a black eye but I still am grateful for Nebraska leadership. I understand why they would try to reschedule to get the home game. I would of been disappointed but I understand the fiscal issues that they have to balance.

I am grateful that they reversed the decision after all the pushback. They listened to their fan base! Some places would not do that. I am willing to cut them some slack. They have been in our corner more often than not.

Frost was given a lot of autonomy when he agreed to come to NU. I see no way that Moos would have acted without Frost's 100% approval. Now, schools are never totally honest with their fan base on internal matters so I figure they will make it sound like Frost had little or nothing to do with it when he really would have been involved in the decision from the get go.

Oh boy. RedCap, how many years you been around here? I'm sure a long time because you always seem to overreact to anything negative.
Relax for God's sake

Frost was given a lot of autonomy when he agreed to come to NU. I see no way that Moos would have acted without Frost's 100% approval. Now, schools are never totally honest with their fan base on internal matters so I figure they will make it sound like Frost had little or nothing to do with it when he really would have been involved in the decision from the get go.

You can‘t blame one without the other...

They both go hand in hand..

If the Oklahoma defense can stop your offense...your team is in serious trouble. Winking

Oklahoma can't stop a PASSING team. We're screwed.
OtZ1QH8.gif

I have no doubt that this wasn't a decision made by Moos alone. They might have even consulted with the Tomfather on this one. This decision would be made for the best interest of the program. It's unfortunate that some fans can't see that.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
If this is truly going to happen, a decision like this wasn't made by just the AD and football coach. IMO, I think it may look chicken sh##, but it's in the best interest of NU and the city of Lincoln.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
This has been an embarrassment all the way around. This staff and regime has been more embarrassing than anyone before. Callahan, pelini and even smiling Mike was not this embarrassing. Moos or Frosty can't stop talking.

I have been a staunch supporter of this regime until this last year. What a cluster f#ck.

If this is truly going to happen, a decision like this wasn't made by just the AD and football coach. IMO, I think it may look chicken sh##, but it's in the best interest of NU and the city of Lincoln.

looks like perhaps the board of regents may have given moos and Frost a call saying WTF are you doing

looks like perhaps the board of regents may have given moos and Frost a call saying WTF are you doing

Your fixation on a football program that you admittedly aren't a fan of is really weird. BTW, nobody said the BORs was consulted. Jim Pillen is a friend of mine from way back but what Pillen thinks doesn't really matter right now. Moos has a couple of people that he answers to and the BORs wouldn't be involved in a decision like this.

Reactions: scarletred
Your fixation on a football program that you admittedly aren't a fan of is really weird. BTW, nobody said the BORs was consulted. Jim Pillen is a friend of mine from way back but what Pillen thinks doesn't really matter right now. Moos has a couple of people that he answers to and the BORs wouldn't be involved in a decision like this.

99% of the time they wouldn't -- until someone F's up so bad they have to step in

Moos and Frost give me no reasons to have faith in pulling out of the abyss. Smdh
Frankly I hope they pull the plug on the F'n sooners. After some of the crap they've pulled over the years like telling a recruit to commit to NU then sign with them at the last minute, they can go F themselves.. Callahan deserved a medal for calling them F'n Hillbillies. The nostalgia over a rivalry that was ended by OU long before we left the Big12 is ludicrous.

I have no doubt that this wasn't a decision made by Moos alone. They might have even consulted with the Tomfather on this one. This decision would be made for the best interest of the program. It's unfortunate that some fans can't see that.
Well we may have made more money this particular year but consider this:

1 - Oklahoma would not have come to Lincoln either then in 2022 and they would be badmouthing us every chance they got if we pulled out this year. And they most likely wouldn't want to have anything to do with us again for a long time. Decisions like this to screw over Oklahoma would have had serious consequences.

2 - Our own fan base would be very pissed off. No Oklahoma after expectations and waiting all these years? What a kick in the you know what for the fans. We got a taste of that just from how the rumors were being "welcomed". It likely would affect donations from boosters.

3 - Our national reputation would be in the toilet and we'd be called cowards. Now some may argue that our reputation is already in the toilet but at least we're not called cowards.

The decision for a short term financial game this year would have had some serious longer term implications IMO. Whoever was part of the decision making process to investigate this was brain dead IMO. No sense whatsoever.

Moos and Frost give me no reasons to have faith in pulling out of the abyss. Smdh
You should try to have a sit down with these two you are talking about. Than come back and let us know what you think of them.
I'm pretty sure they work much harder than you. Just sayin.

You all are giving Frost far too much credit in thinking that he can evaluate tape.
Perhaps. It was a response to previous post. My point is I hope Frost evaluates what he has on his own team first and then evaluates the opponent. By doing that, Frost would realize he needs to do a much better job.

And you know this.....how?

For starters, the fact that he routinely gets out coached almost every Saturday. Outside of Mike Locksley he’s arguably the worst HC in the Big Ten. I would almost feel bad for the guy if he didn’t put his foot in his mouth over and over again.

Reactions: blackbones
The decision was made because the Frost experiment is failing miserably
^^This^^
Moos and Frost are tied together. Frost fails, then Moos fails and both are canned.
No way they survive 4 losing seasons in a row. So they do what they can to hit that magic .500 mark this season. There are only 2 wins on the schedule and several toss-ups. So the easiest thing to do is try to remove a guaranteed loss and add a near guaranteed win. Then hope some of those tossup games go your way.

^^This^^
Moos and Frost are tied together. Frost fails, then Moos fails and both are canned.
No way they survive 4 losing seasons in a row. So they do what they can to hit that magic .500 mark this season. There are only 2 wins on the schedule and several toss-ups. So the easiest thing to do is try to remove a guaranteed loss and add a near guaranteed win. Then hope some of those tossup games go your way.
No doubt that's true but their scheme blew up in their face. Forget the Nebraska fans for a moment, how did they ever think they could get away with it unscathed by pissing off Oklahoma? Did they just think Oklahoma was going to roll over and say OK, that's fine with us?

Well we may have made more money this particular year but consider this:

1 - Oklahoma would not have come to Lincoln either then in 2022 and they would be badmouthing us every chance they got if we pulled out this year. And they most likely wouldn't want to have anything to do with us again for a long time. Decisions like this to screw over Oklahoma would have had serious consequences.

2 - Our own fan base would be very pissed off. No Oklahoma after expectations and waiting all these years? What a kick in the you know what for the fans. We got a taste of that just from how the rumors were being "welcomed". It likely would affect donations from boosters.

3 - Our national reputation would be in the toilet and we'd be called cowards. Now some may argue that our reputation is already in the toilet but at least we're not called cowards.

The decision for a short term financial game this year would have had some serious longer term implications IMO. Whoever was part of the decision making process to investigate this was brain dead IMO. No sense whatsoever.

awesome post..

#3..What the hell Is Moos and SF thinking

Nebraska has always played dignity, what the hell happened to that..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I thought the Will Compton tweet was interesting. He suggested there were “suits” making this decision that were not involved with sports. Regardless, this makes Nebraska look like the chumps we are right now. We need wins more than anyone

I thought the Will Compton tweet was interesting. He suggested there were “suits” making this decision that were not involved with sports. Regardless, this makes Nebraska look like the chumps we are right now. By the camera man of James Dean we need wins more than anyone right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT