ADVERTISEMENT

Well…

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
maxresdefault.jpg

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.

A looper?

A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Do you think Scott would hold off any announcements today (if there were to be any) to let Adrian have his day?
No. The coaching carousel is still spinning and there's a chance that some of the posters on here who want a big name might get a guy they really like if we're patient.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
So being disappointed that it’s been over 20 years since the Huskers have had a conference championship winning team makes me an “irrational fan”?… Sorry, if I sound unappreciative of the “Whale Trophy” Mrs. Pelini.
There is a BIG difference between being ABOVE WATER and at the BOTTOM of the PACIFIC!!

Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa, Mich St, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, ILLINOIS just BEAT US AGAIN......IN THE SAME DAMN YEAR!! Disgraceful but you're proud right
Frost sucking now in no way makes Pelini better. It doesn't. No matter how many times you want to say it.

And saying Pelini wasn't the answer in no way makes someone a Frost lover. It just doesn't. No matter how many times you want to say it.

Frost sucking now in no way makes Pelini better. It doesn't. No matter how many times you want to say it.

And saying Pelini wasn't the answer in no way makes someone a Frost lover. It just doesn't. No matter how many times you want to say it.
In fairness to Bo I don’t think he went off the deep end till a couple years into Eichorst’s tenure. I blame Eichorst more than anyone else for the series of events that have unfolded the last seven years.

No matter how many time you SAID u were wrong. 9-10 wins a year and conference championship games every other year aren't EASY. And NO any MONKEY can't come to Lincoln and do it again!

Every sincere Husker will take that again in a second NOW......and APPRECIATE and worship that coach and build him a statue!

No matter how many time you SAID u were wrong. 9-10 wins a year and conference championship games every other year aren't EASY. And NO any MONKEY can't come to Lincoln and do it again!

Every sincere Husker will take that again in a second NOW......and APPRECIATE and worship that coach and build him a statue!
You are goofy and use too many CAPS.

I never said those things. But I would never worship and build a statue for a coach that lost 4 games annually and gave up multiple NCAA records against his team.

I think 2AM transferring out without a mention of a new OC is a bad look. Between that transfer, the awful season, and Nebrasketball’s loss to NC State…I’d love to see one damn exciting thing in the news about the Huskers. I also have a fear that we haven’t announced b/c we’re being turned down, and don’t have anybody yet. We should’ve just offered Herman the keys to the whole damn thing.

I think 2AM transferring out without a mention of a new OC is a bad look. Between that transfer, the awful season, and Nebrasketball’s loss to NC State…I’d love to see one damn exciting thing in the news about the Huskers. I also have a fear that we haven’t announced b/c we’re being turned down, and don’t have anybody yet. We should’ve just offered Herman the keys to the whole damn thing.
Check out women's basketball

Reactions: dinglefritz
Back in June of 2010 people were completely losing their shit.

Major conference reform was all the rage. Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M almost seemed like they were signed, sealed, and delivered to the then Pac 10 with Missouri going to the SEC or B10.

Nebraska would be left out in the dark with KU, KState, Iowa State, and Baylor.

We aren't missing out on anything. Let those that feel the need to panic, panic.

If you aren't getting Saban, Meyer, or Belichick and you are spending over $8M year, then you are spending for elite level coaching for unproven non-elite level coaching. You are spending for a Cadillac, but you are getting a Ford. And a new model Ford at that, that could be a Mustang or could be an Edsel for all you know.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I hear the bowling team is good… maybe?

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
That's a whole lot of fretting in one post!

Couldn't find Craig because he was hiding behind his players on the sideline in Boulder when they stuck 60+ on us and rushed for a zillion yards on our defense. And we still made it to the National Championship game and got taken to the woodshed.

Couldn't find Craig because he was hiding behind his players on the sideline in Boulder when they stuck 60+ on us and rushed for a zillion yards on our defense. And we still made it to the National Championship game and got taken to the woodshed.
Probably would have been better had they taken oregon. Nebrasja beats maryland in the orange bowl finishing 12-1 and has momentum going into 2002

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT