ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Steve Marik to the Inside Nebraska team!

Zack Carpenter

Graduate Assistant
Staff
May 19, 2022
We’re continuing to add some major talent to this site, and I’m thrilled to announce our next move: Please welcome @Steve Marik to the Inside Nebraska team!

Steve will be our full-time staff writer covering football and men’s basketball as his two main beats, and he will also be helping in our coverage of football and basketball recruiting. He and I will be handling the football and men’s basketball beats together, but Steve will be our lead writer for both sports.

He has nine years of professional sports writing experience. That includes one year at his last stop, Hail Varsity, where he served as a football beat writer in addition to covering the Nebraska women’s basketball team and the Husker baseball team.

Steve may not be a huge name in this market yet, but that is about to change with the platform we will be giving him. I couldn’t be happier to have landed a writer with his level of passion and his talent in both pure writing chops and the ability to analyze and break down games.

His first official day with us will be July 18 as he makes the transition from his last stop over to us following a much-deserved, pre-planned vacation.

On a final note, I’m going to say the same thing as when we hired @Greg Smith and brought back @Nate Clouse: I wanted to find staff members who were going to be great fits with their talent and work ethic but also from a staff chemistry standpoint. The three of them, staff writer @jansencoburn and graphics designer @Trenton_Bond each fit that criteria. Our next addition will be a great fit, too, as we will be announcing our full-time volleyball and baseball staff writer tomorrow. Excited to share that news with you as well.

In the meantime, please welcome Steve to the Inside Nebraska community! And feel free to give him a follow on Twitter as well: @Steve_Marik

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News