ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Visitors

Davillier is going to Arkansas, he is announcing his decision before he even goes on his official there this fall. It's cool, glad he came up for the visit, just don't think it will be enough to turn him.

An 8? That is almost unheard of. All visits seem to be a 10.

The article I read said he didn't really have anything to compare it to, but that he had a good time. Guess they didn't take him to meet the assistant coaches.

Samson's (not Sampson) reply on the visit was one of the more reasoned and thought out answers I've seen. It was his first visit. He said he had nothing to compare it to. Read the whole HOL article. I've pasted much of what he was quoted as saying below. I am actually encouraged by it. I'm less impressed by the 9's or 10's that are handed out like candy.

"It's an offense that I see that I can fit in," Samson said. It's an offense that takes a high football IQ to play. There are a lot of choice routes and you have to read the defense before you do anything. Coach Lubick and I were exchanging ideas on things that would work and things we could do better."

"The visit was an "8" or "9"," Samson said. "It was great but it was my first visit. I have nothing to compare it to. It was a great experience. Everyone was super welcoming and the food was great. It really exceeded what I thought Nebraska was going to be like."

Samson has one more trip planned next weekend at the moment. He says that he will also be going through the steps of figuring out his college decision and weighing his options.

"I am taking an unofficial visit to Ohio State next weekend. That's the only other trip I have planned. I want to put things in perspective and keep building relationships. I want to figure out if this (Nebraska) is the place that I want to be? I want to confirm.

"I don't want to decommit and recommit and embarrass myself. I want to see if I can see myself there for the next four to five years. I want to see if it's somewhere that I can see myself play. I also want to review my options and make sure I make the right choice."

Samson's (not Sampson) reply on the visit was one of the more reasoned and thought out answers I've seen. It was his first visit. He said he had nothing to compare it to. Read the whole HOL article. I've pasted much of what he was quoted as saying below. I am actually encouraged by it. I'm less impressed by the 9's or 10's that are handed out like candy.

"It's an offense that I see that I can fit in," Samson said. It's an offense that takes a high football IQ to play. There are a lot of choice routes and you have to read the defense before you do anything. Coach Lubick and I were exchanging ideas on things that would work and things we could do better."

"The visit was an "8" or "9"," Samson said. "It was great but it was my first visit. I have nothing to compare it to. It was a great experience. Everyone was super welcoming and the food was great. It really exceeded what I thought Nebraska was going to be like."

Samson has one more trip planned next weekend at the moment. He says that he will also be going through the steps of figuring out his college decision and weighing his options.

"I am taking an unofficial visit to Ohio State next weekend. That's the only other trip I have planned. I want to put things in perspective and keep building relationships. I want to figure out if this (Nebraska) is the place that I want to be? I want to confirm.

"I don't want to decommit and recommit and embarrass myself. I want to see if I can see myself there for the next four to five years. I want to see if it's somewhere that I can see myself play. I also want to review my options and make sure I make the right choice."
I'd much rather have a recruit take his time and think it through before committing any where. I hate the flip floppers who commit one day and then decommit the next.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I'd much rather have a recruit take his time and think it through before committing any where. I hate the flip floppers who commit one day and then decommit the next.
It is weird how in football, they flip flop all the time, in basketball it hardly happens.

Interesting quote about choice routes and reading the defense. Suddenly we know a lot about why some WRs aren't seeing the field much early on.

Interesting quote about choice routes and reading the defense. Suddenly we know a lot about why some WRs aren't seeing the field much early on.
Interesting but I think that's been known before ever since Frost became coach.

He goes to kst means we didn't want him. In other words. He would choose that place over us if he thought he could play early and worried about the playing time in N.
Little tougher competition at Nebraska.

I would expect a commitment from Torres in the next 10 days or so.
From what I know, he is down to Nebraska and KSU. He is going to visit Manhattan this weekend. If they blow him away, he goes there, if they don’t, he comes here. I think Nebraska leads.
Heard he may make a unexpected visit to TCU but nothing final…

Sounds like
RB Williams was a hit
WR Sampson was an ok
QB Torres and OSU DB is TBD?

Getting Williams and Torres would be huge. Sampson gave it an 8 and visits Ohio St next…
Bianco is a bit of a mystery, hasn't played in a while but his HS coach says he's the best. This is the same guy who coached Tua.

Reactions: bomber89
I would expect a commitment from Torres in the next 10 days or so.
From what I know, he is down to Nebraska and KSU. He is going to visit Manhattan this weekend. If they blow him away, he goes there, if they don’t, he comes here. I think Nebraska leads.
But it doesn't necessarily mean Nebraska will accept a QB commitment until they have a chance to see the other leading candidate on campus.

But it doesn't necessarily mean Nebraska will accept a QB commitment until they have a chance to see the other leading candidate on campus.
I guess, but everything that I have heard and read is that Torres has a committable offer. I am pretty sure that if Nebraska wasn't going to accept his commitment he wouldn't be telling people that he is down to K State and Nebraska and that he would be wrapping it up pretty soon. Unless of course he was going to K State and told Nebraska that. I just haven't heard that to be the case.

If you are talking about Bianco, he is coming on an official from Hawaii, so he won't be able to workout. The kid has very little on tape to evaluate. I would think that Bianco is the 2nd QB and I would imagine he would understand that considering he has 3 P5 offers at this time. He may well blow up this fall when he gets to play, but right now and until then, he is short on leverage.

I guess, but everything that I have heard and read is that Torres has a committable offer. I am pretty sure that if Nebraska wasn't going to accept his commitment he wouldn't be telling people that he is down to K State and Nebraska and that he would be wrapping it up pretty soon. Unless of course he was going to K State and told Nebraska that. I just haven't heard that to be the case.

If you are talking about Bianco, he is coming on an official from Hawaii, so he won't be able to workout. The kid has very little on tape to evaluate. I would think that Bianco is the 2nd QB and I would imagine he would understand that considering he has 3 P5 offers at this time. He may well blow up this fall when he gets to play, but right now and until then, he is short on leverage.
I don't have any inside information, I'm just saying they might want to evaluate Bianco as a person first, not so much his physical attributes but more his character and attitude. His high school coach has given him some pretty glowing reviews so that might be worth something to them. Personally I'm not interested in a kid that has been so injury prone but I don't think that seems to be a factor with this staff.

RB Justin Williams said we are in the lead, but we were his first visit and he doesn’t plan on announcing until after his season and other visits, I don’t feel those long play scenarios typically pan out too well, but who knows.

Torres was pretty clear he’s N but just wants a week to confirm before committing.

We should most definitely take two QBs.

In other news: Rutgers has SIX 4* for 2022 plus a CB on another. WTH?

RB Justin Williams said we are in the lead, but we were his first visit and he doesn’t plan on announcing until after his season and other visits, I don’t feel those long play scenarios typically pan out too well, but who knows.

Torres was pretty clear he’s N but just wants a week to confirm before committing.

We should most definitely take two QBs.

In other news: Rutgers has SIX 4* for 2022 plus a CB on another. WTH?
Probably decided to open up the secret purse strings. Laughing

Reactions: HominidHusker
Ohio St just got another WR commitment yesterday from Kaleb Brown out of Chicago. That gives them 3 WRs for this cycle.

I think Samson is going to tOSU to work out because you don't want to leave a stone unturned and wonder what if. I don't think he gets a committable offer, and commits to Nebraska later in June.

Sounds like
RB Williams was a hit
WR Sampson was an ok
QB Torres and OSU DB is TBD?

Getting Williams and Torres would be huge. Sampson gave it an 8 and visits Ohio St next…
Is Sampson graduating from HS this month? I thought i read somewhere he is finishing up and graduating, is he a 22' or 21'?

He is Nebraska’s top choice. I believe there is some intrigue for the Hawaiian kid. However if Torres doesn’t commit to Nebraska it is 100% his choice
I'd like to see them take Both QB's this cycle.

Are you saying Bianco won't commit to NU if Torres does? (wasn't sure with the way it was worded)

Reactions: headcard
I'd like to see them take Both QB's this cycle.

Are you saying Bianco won't commit to NU if Torres does? (wasn't sure with the way it was worded)
I don’t know what Bianco will do. If Nebraska has plans of taking two quarterbacks we would hope that they have had that conversation with the quarterbacks.

As far as my comments here I was more talking about Torres and if he chose not to come to Nebraska it would be his choice not what the dude from Kansas said About Nebraska not wanting him.

I don’t know what Bianco will do. If Nebraska has plans of taking two quarterbacks we would hope that they have had that conversation with the quarterbacks.

As far as my comments here I was more talking about Torres and if he chose not to come to Nebraska it would be his choice not what the dude from Kansas said About Nebraska not wanting him.
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.

Torres has some raw talent, but is a bit of a project. Bianco has more upside, earlier.. With only 3 Scholarship QB's on the roster, I'd like them to bring in both.

We have lost a QB every year and 2 in Scott's first year here, so we've been behind the curve on numbers there. That is the main reason, but I also like that both are considered Pro style QB's too.

I think, and I think most recruits would see this, that we really need to take 2 QBs in this class. JMO.

He goes to kst means we didn't want him. In other words. He would choose that place over us if he thought he could play early and worried about the playing time in N.
Little tougher competition at Nebraska.
im not positive KSU needs Torres badly either. They have 2 freshmen QBs one of them is a 4 star top 15 QB and they have a 2023 QB recruit from kansas they will be recruiting heavily. he is getting national offers so KSU might already know they have slim chance with him

im not positive KSU needs Torres badly either. They have 2 freshmen QBs one of them is a 4 star top 15 QB and they have a 2023 QB recruit from kansas they will be recruiting heavily. he is getting national offers so KSU might already know they have slim chance with him

A couple questions.

Are you a KSU fan? Honest question. Nothing wrong with that and it would explain a lot.

Who is the 2023 QB recruit from Kansas?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT