ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Interesting Games

TheWayITellEm

Sophomore
Oct 25, 2019
I'm interested in Michigan at Iowa. To help Minnesota in the standings, I'd normally want Michigan to win. But after all the non-stop talk about how great Ohio State and Michigan are...and even Penn State...and after all the non-stop abuse Iowa and the West have taken...I want Iowa to win.

And I generally like the underdogs. The non-bluebloods. The teams who have to be creative to win. Instead of just throwing huge money and getting all the top talent.

And I like variety. The NFL is boring; no variety. I like a team with no offense...who punts from the opponents 38, kicks FG's from the 2...wins 6 to 3...etc. I don't blast that. I respect that.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Looks like good posts for the Gopher board.
We can talk about our Purdue National Championship game a little later.

As for Nebraska...your game isn't interesting. But your coaching search is. I think you need to cut all ties/influence with the past, Osborne, etc...wait until the end of the season to see which coach did the best...and hire him...IF he has a dynamic personality that makes waves.

I hope Iowa gets curb-stomped into oblivion.
I don't blame you. When I'm surrounded by Badgers fans, I start wanting them to lose no matter what. But now that I'm away from them, my head is clear...and I root for the teams I'd normally prefer. Due to their style or due to how it affects the Gophers.

I'm interested in the Illinois/Wisconsin game and the further exploits of Martinez and KSU vs Texas Tech.

If I notice the Iowa vs Michigan game is close in the 4th I'll be watching that outcome. I like a good upset so I'm rooting for the Hawkeyes.

And I like variety. The NFL is boring; no variety. I like a team with no offense...who punts from the opponents 38, kicks FG's from the 2...wins 6 to 3...etc. I don't blast that. I respect that.
No Variety in the NFL and there is in college football? It’s not the same teams in the super bowl every year like it is in the Championship game for college football. So definitely lots of variety in the NFL.

I'm interested in the Illinois/Wisconsin game and the further exploits of Martinez and KSU vs Texas Tech.

If I notice the Iowa vs Michigan game is close in the 4th I'll be watching that outcome. I like a good upset so I'm rooting for the Hawkeyes.
I was just writing about Illinois/Wisconsin as you posted this.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
No Variety in the NFL and there is in college football? It’s not the same teams in the super bowl every year like it is in the Championship game for college football. So definitely lots of variety in the NFL.
I meant style of play. Yes I'm for anything that bumps the same winning college teams down a notch. I root against them. I want a 16-team playoff; 12 is much better than 4, but I don't like the same 4 teams getting a bye.

You saw Alabama vs Texas...even a 12-team playoff will give Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, & Clemson fits.

I meant style of play. Yes I'm for anything that bumps the same winning college teams down a notch. I root against them. I want a 16-team playoff; 12 is much better than 4, but I don't like the same 4 teams getting a bye.

You saw Alabama vs Texas...even a 12-team playoff will give Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, & Clemson fits.
Holy $&it not this same subject from you again..please STFU we’ve read this umpteen thousand times…

Holy $&it not this same subject from you again..please STFU we’ve read this umpteen thousand times…
Stay positive. If Nebraska makes the right hire (like I described earlier in this thread)...no I'm not talking much about the playoff system...you could be a playoff contender in 3-4 years. No...don't spend $100 for Urban Meyer and try to take shortcuts. It won't work. You need to reject the 'money bluebood' outdated image and hire the most successful at the end of this year rabble-rouser who will shake things up.

If your saying theirs no difference in styles of play you must not watch NFL at all. Look at the NFC West for example. I don’t think any of those team are even close to the same as one another on offense.

Don't worry about Kentucky matching or his happiness. That's what the secret search firm is for. Kentucky won't have a chance to match.

Is there a Gopher board?
Yes. And the Wisconsin trolls are more sneaky...many went to WI but live in the Minneapolis area so they like the Badgers, Vikings...and Gophers a little. But they say how great WI is. And Gopher fans are too nice to call them out on their BS.

I'm interested in Michigan at Iowa. To help Minnesota in the standings, I'd normally want Michigan to win. But after all the non-stop talk about how great Ohio State and Michigan are...and even Penn State...and after all the non-stop abuse Iowa and the West have taken...I want Iowa to win.
It took you this long to get tired of hearing about these three blowhards?

Where have you been the past 50+ years?

Reactions: king_kong_
Ohiost are 40 point favorites today against Rutgers

if they played nw, would that line be more than -50?

very competitive league top to bottom if you ask me

Is it possible the big ten west is even worse than we think (and we think it’s awful)?…
One way beating Minnesota or Ioway is get ahead early by enough because either team struggles playing from behind..

I like it when the Big ten eats its own. Especially the east

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT