ADVERTISEMENT

Week 0 and Week 1 in Big Ten conference only play

The post covid-19 schedule is pretty darn good to kickoff 2021-22 Big Ten season, absent the whole game in Ireland 🇮🇪 match up.

That will hopefully unfold next year with Northwestern vs. Nebraska, which has been one of the better series over the ten seasons the Huskers have been a part of the Big Ten.

Week 0 - Nebraska (9-17) at Illinois (8-18) - should be a great game to kickoff the start of College Football and the Big Ten.

Scott Frost is 9-17 over the past 3 seasons in the Big Ten games back home in Lincoln. Bret Bielema is back in the Big Ten now at his home State of lllinois.

The Huskers won 42-38 last game played in Champaign. Last year, the Illini pulled out a 41-23 win. Turnovers loom B1G. Special teams, and which veteran QB puts his team in the best position to kickoff 2021?

This game should be a good one. #11 and #12 in the pecking order of recent B1G records.

In Week 1:
  • Ohio State (22-1) at Minnesota (13-12) - 1981 was last win in Minneapolis by home team
  • Penn State (17-10) at Wisconsin (15-9) - Badgers have lost 4 straight to James Franklin coached teams
  • Indiana (13-12) at Iowa (17-9) - Hawkeyes have won 7 of last 8 in this series, as well
  • Michigan State (11-14) at Northwestern (15-10) - the Spartans have won 2 straight over the Wildcats, repeating the first two seasons the Huskers joined the B1G
It should be a very interesting 2021-22.

Phil Steele sees both offenses on par to average around 28 points per game. A significant uptick for the lllini and improvement for the Huskers.

Nebraska and Illinois on defense project to give up 27.7 and 32.6 points per game. Similar improvements for both teams.

Mistakes/explosive plays, turnovers and tackling likely will be three major keys in Week 0 as I reflect on PJ Fleck and others this morning.

IMO the wild card for the season opener is the game time temperature. Noon KO at the end of August means the possibility of high temps. The average high temp for Champagne in late August is low 80s with moderate humidity but stretches in the 90s are not uncommon. Last year, high temps reached 90F 4 of 5 days from August 24-28.

It is hard to say if a high Heat Index would disadvantage one team more. Temps in the 80s can be oppressive also if accompanied by high humidity. Depth for both teams could be tested, especially along the LOS.

The post covid-19 schedule is pretty darn good to kickoff 2021-22 Big Ten season, absent the whole game in Ireland 🇮🇪 match up.

That will hopefully unfold next year with Northwestern vs. Nebraska, which has been one of the better series over the ten seasons the Huskers have been a part of the Big Ten.

Week 0 - Nebraska (9-17) at Illinois (8-18) - should be a great game to kickoff the start of College Football and the Big Ten.

Scott Frost is 9-17 over the past 3 seasons in the Big Ten games back home in Lincoln. Bret Bielema is back in the Big Ten now at his home State of lllinois.

The Huskers won 42-38 last game played in Champaign. Last year, the Illini pulled out a 41-23 win. Turnovers loom B1G. Special teams, and which veteran QB puts his team in the best position to kickoff 2021?

This game should be a good one. #11 and #12 in the pecking order of recent B1G records.

In Week 1:
  • Ohio State (22-1) at Minnesota (13-12) - 1981 was last win in Minneapolis by home team
  • Penn State (17-10) at Wisconsin (15-9) - Badgers have lost 4 straight to James Franklin coached teams
  • Indiana (13-12) at Iowa (17-9) - Hawkeyes have won 7 of last 8 in this series, as well
  • Michigan State (11-14) at Northwestern (15-10) - the Spartans have won 2 straight over the Wildcats, repeating the first two seasons the Huskers joined the B1G

Phil Steele sees both offenses on par to average around 28 points per game. A significant uptick for the lllini and improvement for the Huskers.

Nebraska and Illinois on defense project to give up 27.7 and 32.6 points per game. Similar improvements for both teams.

Mistakes/explosive plays, turnovers and tackling likely will be three major keys in Week 0 as I reflect on PJ Fleck and others this morning.

literally @cidsports every single post:

5i7swq.jpg

IMO the wild card for the season opener is the game time temperature. Noon KO at the end of August means the possibility of high temps. The average high temp for Champagne in late August is low 80s with moderate humidity but stretches in the 90s are not uncommon. Last year, high temps reached 90F 4 of 5 days from August 24-28.

It is hard to say if a high Heat Index would disadvantage one team more. Temps in the 80s can be oppressive also if accompanied by high humidity. Depth for both teams could be tested, especially along the LOS.
I especially like our depth on the defensive line..

The biggest thing in the game is we don’t hand the ball over to them like we have the last two years..We’ve dug ourself in a hole from the very beginning, if SF has his $& it together and not do all this fancy swing passes to the sidelines and get a lead early would be very beneficial in controlling this game from the start..

Reactions: Huskerfan2112

It will be an interesting factor to watch. Back in the 1970s, when I began attending College Football games, the season began in mid-September.

Of course, August or early September can be hot.

Illinois vs. Nebraska is certainly one I am looking forward to in 2021.

The road game at Oklahoma is another.

Reminds me of a 1979 season for another school, when a road trip to OU was on the schedule.

It will be interesting to see how Bret Bielema does at Illinois. His college coach went to Norman in his first season in the Big Ten.

It is Scott Frost's fourth season back in Lincoln. Could it be a breakout year? College Football is pretty open this season.

Ohio State is #1 in the Big Ten. Since 2012, that has been the case, despite the Wisconsin, Michigan State and Penn State exceptions.

The 2011 season wasn't good for Ohio State, but clearly since 2014, they have consistently been a Top 5 college program each year.

Even the Ohio State game should be an interesting one in 2021.

No one in College Football appears a sure thing in 2021?

Even KU should be at their best in several seasons, though they are likely #10 in Big 12.

A new coach may provide new hope, a pulse there in Lawrence.

Since 2011, the Big Ten has welcomed Nebraska to the conference. Like Missouri in the SEC, the road has had plenty of bumps.

Could we see a Missouri vs. Nebraska bowl match up on the horizon?

I especially like our depth on the defensive line..

The biggest thing in the game is we don’t hand the ball over to them like we have the last two years..We’ve dug ourself in a hole from the very beginning, if SF has his $& it together and not do all this fancy swing passes to the sidelines and get a lead early would be very beneficial in controlling this game from the start..
Is there an over/under line on swing pass attempts and yards gained?

Take the over on attempts/ under on yards.

In Week 1:

The big ten, is boring trash, who gives a shit either way.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
The big ten, is boring trash, who gives a shit either way.

I am defense oriented and always have been so to me, the Big12 or PAC12 56-47 one hundred plus point type of games are a abomination. I do realize that most fans want to see more scoring but show me a dominant defense and that is a contest I will watch every time over a game full of slack defenders and half-ass arm tacklers who smack talk after allowing every 10-15 yard gain. Some people see defensive battles as boring - I'm in heaven, especially when a supposedly high powered offense is humiliated.

Reactions: Jaemekon
I am defense oriented and always have been so to me, the Big12 or PAC12 56-47 one hundred plus point type of games are a abomination. I do realize that most fans want to see more scoring but show me a dominant defense and that is a contest I will watch every time over a game full of slack defenders and half-ass arm tacklers who smack talk after allowing every 10-15 yard gain. Some people see defensive battles as boring - I'm in heaven, especially when a supposedly high powered offense is humiliated.

tenor.gif

bad offense =/= good defense

The Huskers won 42-38 last game played in Champaign. Last year, the Illini pulled out a 41-23 win.
No, we pulled out a win in Champaign two years ago. When you lose by 18 points, you pretty much got ur arse handed to you. Guess what, they are pretty much fielding the same team game 0. Just need to be ready. GBR.

ADVERTISEMENT