ADVERTISEMENT

Weed University

He's in college. College kids going to do college stuff. This is the the time to experiment with things but for god sakes don't smoke weed where people are going to smell it and call campus security??!!
Go to a house off campus or by edibles. Jeesh.... Rant over.

But if you're gonna do gummy bears, start with just nibbling on an ear, leg, or arm first.

Shouldn't even get suspended at all. Warning and maybe a small fine, then run some stadium steps. This hysteria about weed negatively impacts recruiting.
Agreed 100% if kids can't smoke a little weed in their dorms in Lincoln, they'll go to a school they can.

Reactions: Fstice
Well, Frost is well aware since it cost an excellent wideout, Carrington, and one of the best special teams players a chance to play in the title game in 2015. Who knows what could have happened if Carrington played. It was a one point game with two seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

"Certainly, Carrington and Forde let down their school, coaches and teammates. Both will be missed come Monday (in the national title game), as Carrington racked up 291 receiving yards in the past two games while Forde had 12 tackles and a forced fumble on special teams this year."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/10/oregon-ducks-darren-carrington-drug-suspension

What ticks me off is that its another player taking risks instead of putting the team goals first. Its a small thing (so far) but he hasn't exactly made the field yet either. Plus I thought he was supposed to be sort of a leader in that class. Oh well, guess we'll see where he goes from here.

Haha, I was on dorm probation as a freshman. I laugh about it now. Wish I could go back in time.
We all wish we could go back in time "knowing what I know now". Unfortunately, the time machine would strip away the knowledge we have gained over the years and we would be back then doing the same dumb stuff we did back then.

Last edited:
Ok I'll weigh in with my first post. I know the inequalities in the laws regarding pot and alcohol. I tried both when I was younger, don't do either now. My choice, don't expect other people to agree. Yes, life is good and I have a lot fun without either. My question is why isn't there any discussion of the "smoking" aspect of pot. The dangers of smoking tobacco are proven. If you smoke pot for decades aren't your risks the same? We know the risk of liver damage in long term alcohol consumption, why isn't lung damage discussed. Everyone I knew in college during the sixties drank alcohol and quite a number smoked pot. I will have to say pot smokers were not as aggressive and less likely to do stupid sxxt as alcohol drinkers, but I wouldn't want either driving on the same streets as my now teenage grandkids.

Ok I'll weigh in with my first post. I know the inequalities in the laws regarding pot and alcohol. I tried both when I was younger, don't do either now. My choice, don't expect other people to agree. Yes, life is good and I have a lot fun without either. My question is why isn't there any discussion of the "smoking" aspect of pot. The dangers of smoking tobacco are proven. If you smoke pot for decades aren't your risks the same? We know the risk of liver damage in long term alcohol consumption, why isn't lung damage discussed. Everyone I knew in college during the sixties drank alcohol and quite a number smoked pot. I will have to say pot smokers were not as aggressive and less likely to do stupid sxxt as alcohol drinkers, but I wouldn't want either driving on the same streets as my now teenage grandkids.
You have to admire someone who comes on with his first post and admits to committing a crime, even if it was long ago :)

I have wondered the same thing. To my knowledge no one is marketing joints with a "charcoal activated filter" to cut down on "tar and THC" like they did with cigs back in the 60's. While pot smoke may not be as bad as cigs, it can't be good for lungs. Welcome aboard.

What if you just do edibles or tinctures?

You have to admire someone who comes on with his first post and admits to committing a crime, even if it was long ago :)

I have wondered the same thing. To my knowledge no one is marketing joints with a "charcoal activated filter" to cut down on "tar and THC" like they did with cigs back in the 60's. While pot smoke may not be as bad as cigs, it can't be good for lungs. Welcome aboard.

Marijuana does not contain the carcinogens that are in cigarettes. "The main way that smoking causes cancer is by damaging our DNA, including key genes that protect us against cancer. Many of the chemicals found in cigarettes have been shown to cause DNA damage, including benzene, polonium-210, benzo(a)pyrene and nitrosamines."

Where there is smoke, there is not necessarily cancer.

Except you have douches like Sipple asking if we have a 'culture' problem under Riley.
Response on LJS...Classic...
Steve Sipple is just stirring the pot. He's got such little artist talent and is unable to write anything of significance. He's writing about curtual issues? Seriously? This coming from a guy who got ticketed for exposing himself a strip joint? Can't believe that I'm even taking the time to respond? But really, Sipple is just a Journal Star click bait bitch and I'm the sucker. I spent the time, I clicked into the article, I read the usual garbage... the usual schpeel from the guy that would spend hours under Pelini's desk. I guess you win.

Sipple... why don't you spend some time writing something from your own mind and someting positive about the University of Nebraska and it's football team? How about less time feeding the division in the Husker fan base that you've been fostering for years now? How about less worthless "speculation" about bogus issues? Stop being such a tool for the regent faction that pays you off.

Go Big Red.
Like · Reply · 1 · 15 hrs

I think it is the LJS that has a culture problem, as they continue to employ a pervert:
Sipple was very, very wrong in what he did. Exposure has happened to me and is disgusting. I'm glad he got turned in and, I assume, suffered the consequences. However, is this incident from 16 years ago going to be brought up every time people don't agree with what he wrote? Should we do that with Coach Williams every time the receivers under perform...even 16 years from now? Should we keep harping on the fact that Riley "re-victimized" a rape survivor after he gave football players a one game suspension after a gang rape at OSU (which in my book is a waaaaayyyyyyy worse offense as it enables rape culture to continue) every time he loses a game?

Do two incidents of Mary Jane create a culture problem? Naaahhhh. From all appearances Riley runs a pretty tight ship. There is enough real information about the current climate to refute Sipple.

Sipple was very, very wrong in what he did. Exposure has happened to me and is disgusting. I'm glad he got turned in and, I assume, suffered the consequences. However, is this incident from 16 years ago going to be brought up every time people don't agree with what he wrote? Should we do that with Coach Williams every time the receivers under perform...even 16 years from now? Should we keep harping on the fact that Riley "re-victimized" a rape survivor after he gave football players a one game suspension after a gang rape at OSU (which in my book is a waaaaayyyyyyy worse offense as it enables rape culture to continue) every time he loses a game?

Do two incidents of Mary Jane create a culture problem? Naaahhhh. From all appearances Riley runs a pretty tight ship. There is enough real information about the current climate to refute Sipple.
You are neglecting to acknowledge the fact that most posters on here immaculately glow from their pure holiness.

How do you feel about lying preachers (who cannot do basic math) parading as the opposite sex, and still bring up Solich getting canned every chance "it" gets?.

Reactions: HBK4life
The problem isn't the weed. The problem is that it appears that our position coach has never heard of uber, and our top returning WR and prized WR recruit aren't intelligent enough to smoke weed without being arrested.

The collective street smarts of the WR group from the top down appears to be severely lacking. The above offenses are equivalent to dropping the ball in celebration a yard before reaching the end zone.

he comes from money, it will get dropped down to a point where it will look like he ran a stop sign; that or dropped totally.
First offense possession of marijuana less than one ounce is an infraction in the State of Nebraska. It will look as if Key ran a stop sign because our legislature has deemed it so.

Even for a third or subsequent offense, the possible penalties for possession of marijuana less than one ounce are less than driving with an expired tag.

The problem isn't the weed. The problem is that it appears that our position coach has never heard of uber, and our top returning WR and prized WR recruit aren't intelligent enough to smoke weed without being arrested.

The collective street smarts of the WR group from the top down appears to be severely lacking. The above offenses are equivalent to dropping the ball in celebration a yard before reaching the end zone.

1/10

Have to admire those that post here like they've never done something illegal in their lives. Come down from such clouds I say. Amazing comedy (if I'm being frank). Locally I observe illegal activity all over the place (running red lights, no turn signals, drivers talking on phones/texting (not illegal but should be), people who think they're being "safe" driving 10 mph under the speed limit, etc.).

I'm sure Dad let KJJ know he wasn't happy their family brand is being tarnished like this.

Personally, I'd rather 18 yrs olds (or anyone) hit the "fire" over the "firewater". Unfortunately some have been brainwashed and indoctrinated incorrectly on this topic.

GBR

Reactions: SC_'sker
My very first weekend at UNL there was a 16 keg party. Yes, 16 keg (I foolishly joined a fraternity). One hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, and the president of the house and his roommate bragging about how they "bagged" a passed out girl. Got caught (for the kegs, not the rape), entire house put on probation. Classes hadn't even started yet.

But KJJ smoked a joint! He is out of control!

My very first weekend at UNL there was a 16 keg party. Yes, 16 keg (I foolishly joined a fraternity). One hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, and the president of the house and his roommate bragging about how they "bagged" a passed out girl. Got caught (for the kegs, not the rape), entire house put on probation. Classes hadn't even started yet.

But KJJ smoked a joint! He is out of control!
Well, if I read your post right, your whole house got put on probation, so there were some consequences. So no one had the balls to step up and report the rape?

Things I have learned from this thread:
-Sipple is pervert
-We have some posters who glow due to being HAF
-People still remember Afroman and FTC thinks it's CAF
-artguy and jackie moon should trade avatars

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT