ADVERTISEMENT

Weed University

Cloud@Heart

Senior
Aug 13, 2005
Helena, MT
Is this the reason recruiting is picking up? A supplier/grower in Lincoln?

Come on.... What are you doing getting caught with drugs and paraphernalia?

Nebraska wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. was cited by police for possession of marijuana Friday on campus in Lincoln.

Per the Omaha World Herald's Mara Klecker, Johnson had "less than one ounce" of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in a dorm room when he was cited by University of Nebraska-Lincoln police.

Police were called to the dorm after a residence director detected possible drug use, leading to Johnson's citation.

Johnson is the son of former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson. He was a high-profile commit in the Cornhuskers' 2017 recruiting class because of his pedigree and talent.

A California native, Johnson is a 4-star prospect who ranked as the No. 6 wide receiver from his home state and No. 262 overall player.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot worse things going on at college campuses. A little weed IMO is a non issue.
Should he be punished in any way? Saying it's non issue.

For the record I don't care about weed at all either. I see it more as an intelligence test. You have this great opportunity in front of you, it seems you should have the will power not to do drugs on the school campus.

Should he be punished in any way? Saying it's non issue.

For the record I don't care about weed at all either. I see it more as an intelligence test. You have this great opportunity in front of you, it seems you should have the will power not to do drugs on the school campus.
Run some stadium stairs. Strike 1. Learn your lessons from Randy Gregory and don't piss away millions.

Run some stadium stairs. Strike 1. Learn your lessons from Randy Gregory and don't piss away millions.
That's the scar part, you don't want it to snowball into a Randy Gregory situation. But ole Randy seemed to have a bigger problem with it than the average person.

The real bad part is putting the coach in a bind if you get caught again.

At this rate...we won't have any wide receivers for the first game. I am hoping we don't have to split out 5 tight ends on passing downs. Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: jeans15
I see it the same way. smoking weed, drinking, public intoxication - use your damn head. If you are going to party, do it discretely, with trusted friends, in a safe place, in moderation, don't drive, etc..... you know, common sense. Talking about recreational substances like marijuana and alcohol.
The kid is from California where it's legal and kind of all over the place. Someone should tell them in the Midwest it can be highly looked down upon. As dumb as that is.

The kid is from California where it's legal and kind of all over the place. Someone should tell them in the Midwest it can be highly looked down upon. As dumb as that is.
But not until after they sign a LOI.

Last edited:
He's in college. College kids going to do college stuff. This is the the time to experiment with things but for god sakes don't smoke weed where people are going to smell it and call campus security??!!
Go to a house off campus or by edibles. Jeesh.... Rant over.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
He's in college. College kids going to do college stuff. This is the the time to experiment with things but for god sakes don't smoke weed where people are going to smell it and call campus security??!!
Go to a house off campus or by edibles. Jeesh.... Rant over.

I knew one of the room on my dorm floor at UNL where the guys would toke up. Towel under door, incense burning, blow out the window. If someone had a problem the RA should have talked to KJJ about it (being more discreet). I mean, who thought it was their duty to rat him out?

At least it wasn't a school night.

How ironic, we finally get a QB who some talking heads all but have as a 1st round draft pick, and coaches using him as an example of textbook throwing technique and he is going into the season with no one to throw to.

Weed. Perfectly legal in some states, national news and outrage in others.
Since he's still only 18, it's actually not legal for him to have it in any state. That's why I find it amusing when people claim that recruits are going to Oregon or Colorado because of "legal weed" - as if most college kids who smoke it are buying it over the counter.

Punishment similar to getting caught drinking a 6-pack in his room seems appropriate, though it will probably be more than that.

Last edited:
One of the upperclassmen on his dorm floor forgot to tell him you open the window and open the door ajar. If the door swings open the air flow is out the window and you are good to go. If the door closes closes against the jamb, the airflow is into the hall and a wet towel needs to be placed at the crack between the door and floor.

Or so I have been told.

Since he's still only 18, it's actually not legal for him to have it in any state. That's why I find it amusing when people claim that recruits are going to Oregon or Colorado because of "legal weed" - as if most college kids who smoke it are buying it over the counter.

He's still an adult. I drank alcohol in my dorm room at UNL (against University policy) and I wasn't legal to do so in Nebraska, even though I was in Texas.

He's still an adult. I drank alcohol in my dorm room at UNL (against University policy) and I wasn't legal to do so in Nebraska, even though I was in Texas.
I'm not arguing that this was a big deal, only that it's still illegal for 18-year-olds regardless of what state they are in. If you would punish him for getting caught with beer in his room, give him the same punishment for this, in my opinion.

Last edited:
he comes from money, it will get dropped down to a point where it will look like he ran a stop sign; that or dropped totally.

Way to justify it. Obviously you choose to smoke it and therefore support it due to your own insecurities. Wow, wish you were my kid or friend. Sounds like you stand for a lot

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Way to justify it. Obviously you choose to smoke it and therefore support it due to your own insecurities. Wow, wish you were my kid or friend. Sounds like you stand for a lot
What are you talking about?

Why would I care what a grown adult does in their own home? As long as they aren't hurting anyone else

Edit: These are the type of guys you need to warn the California guys about

You aren't even allowed to play WR in college unless you smoke weed constantly. It's basically the same as playing college basketball or in the NBA.

Reactions: c2o and c3ntral08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT