ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday: Nebraska vs. Omaha (Huskers win 3-1)

Top 1st

One out walk on 4 pitches for Meyers, he then steals 2nd (11/11 on the year). Schreiber with an RBI single to RF! Miller singles to put runners on 1st and 2nd but Alvarado hits into an inning ending 5-3 DP

Bottom 1st

One out bunt single for Omaha but Fraizer picks him off first after the runner gets caught in a 1-3-6-2 pickle. K ends the inning.

Bottom 2nd

A couple leadoff runners get on 1st and 2nd via two errors. Next batter K's. RBI single scores one (unearned) and moves the other to 2nd. Fly out to CF for the 2nd out. A walk loads the bases. Foul out to RF gets the Huskers out of the jam.

Top 3rd

2 out single for Meyers. Schreiber singles to left center to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Miller walks the bases loaded. Alvarado hits a shit right off the pitcher but he is able to pick the ball up and throw him out at 1st to end the threat.

Bottom 3rd

One out infield single for Omaha followed by a walk, Nate Fisher now in to pitch. The next batter K's. Pop out to 1st ends the threat and the inning.

Bottom 4th

2 out single for Omaha and a walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd. groundout to SS ends the inning

Top 6th

Repinski in to pinch hit for Schreiber (odd substitution so hopefully nothing is wrong with Schreiber). 1-2-3 inning yet again for the Skers.

Bottom 6th

One out single for Omaha up the middle. Another error (E9) for the Huskers puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Next batter K's! A walk loads the bases and McSteen is now in to hopefully stop another threat by Omaha. A great defensive play by Schlepp bails out the Skers on defense,

Top 7th

Roskam with a leadoff single to RF. Mojo in to pinch hit for Acker and Henwood in to pinch run for Roskam. Mojo K's. Schlepp singles to RF and a bobble by the fielder allows for Henwood to get to 3rd! Schlepp steals 2nd. Childs K's. A WP allows Henwood to score and Schlepp to move to 3rd! Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good I guess. Altavilla pops out to end the frame.

Bottom 7th

Leadoff walk for Omaha. Attempted SAC bunt but McSteen was able to throw out the lead runner at 2nd. The next batter K's. Leunsmann now in to pitch. The runner tries to steal 2nd but Schlepp snags the throw to apply the tag. Schlepp sure showed up tonight, kid single handily keeping us from blowing this game.

Top 9th

Cronenbold with a one out walk. Mojo with a single to RF to put runners on the corners! Schlepp grounds to 3rd, Mojo is thrown out at 2nd, Schlepp safe on the FC, Mojo scores! Schlepp steals 2nd. Childs K's

Top 9th

Leadoff HBP for Luensmann. Next batter fouls a bunt with two strikes for the 1st out. Next batter grounds out to SS but the runner does advance to 2nd on the play. The next batter Ks to give the Huskers the win!

Glad to be done with this one. I hate these UNO games. I understand why we play them-we almost have to since they are a D-I school a short distance away, but there is no upside whatsoever to these games except filling a spot on the schedule. The motivation is all on their side since they would like nothing better than to beat Nebraska, but it's hard to get our guys up for it like we do with Creighton. I'm happy to just get the win and move on.

Pretty sad when UNO shows UNL how to play fundamental baseball. Very fortunate to walk out with a win. I want to like Erstad, but the writing is on the wall.

My goodness, what a sloppy, uninspired performance. Especially on defense. But 3-1 counts the same as 14-6. Moving on to the Terps...

I see it as a hangover game. Like others have said this game is played out of necessity but offers nothing outside of a proximity win. just win and move on I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT