ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday... Going to be HUGE!

I just saw this on Reddit. Delete if not OK as I don't know where they got it.

Just wanted to float the tentative schedule for when players would be announcing on NSD. Obviously these are subject to change and some are not known at this point.

National Signing Day is Wednesday February 7th.

I am putting times in eastern because that’s where I am.

Times

Teams

We have a lot more than 4 spots left, according to Frost himself. From the Journal Star:

Regardless, Frost said Tuesday he expects the class to finish somewhere between 25 and 27 additions all together. There’s little doubt NU will be interested in the graduate transfer market through the spring and summer, and it’s thought the Huskers have room to add 30-plus players overall, as they counted all eight midyear enrollees back to the 2017 class. The total number will eventually depend on roster attrition.

The bottom line, though, is that NU is expected to add anywhere from four to eight more players before Wednesday is out.
I don't think signing 30+ players would be a good thing. Attrition from players who haven't contributed by the time they're upperclassmen is one thing. But if you're talking about 30 new players coming in, I think that's around 10+ players that need to leave and you're bound to cut someone you shouldn't have with those kind of numbers.

I've heard guys like Tre Bryant and Luke Gifford could get medical schollies. If they're not able to play, that's fine, but if they're at all able to contribute, I think it's unfair to those players to force them onto medical scholarship when they've contributed more than just about anybody else these last couple years.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

Just wanted to float the tentative schedule for when players would be announcing on NSD. Obviously these are subject to change and some are not known at this point.

Times

Teams

Great info, thanks WHCSC!

I think the two signing periods sets up an interesting dynamic for the second signing period. Recruits that "said" they were interested, have already signed (with NU or someone else). Smaller pool to see to who is actually interested and be able to gauge that interest. Openings closed up for some recruits that wanted to "play" the recruiting game and had a school picked out. Late to the party, too bad.

I hope we close out really well.

Times

Teams

Thanks for the chart! Not to nitpik, but isn't TTU solidly in the running for Ogbonnia?

Times

Teams

The guy that puts this together is good stuff. (IDontBelieveInIsms)

Reactions: WHCSC
landof10 article predicting 7 commits. (see link)

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/n...-national-signing-day-commitments-predictions

Not sure how we get that high but I'll take this list any day.

Reactions: davecisar

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/n...-national-signing-day-commitments-predictions

Which would put NU at about 26- right where Frost said we would be. Looks very reasonable. That would take NU up to 9 four star players and #20 in the final Rivals rankings.

If Bell buys a pair of nice boots and a parka and sends notice that he's N, do we take both him and Canty? Or is it one or the other? FWIW, Canty lives one hour's drive from West Palm Beach. Did he #cold?
Yes, they would take commitments from both. Bell is more of an interior linemen and Canty is more of a OT

The only real head scratcher is Bell to ASU.

Times
Teams

I shared this post of yours on RSS Live Chat this morning. Sounds like Nate Clouse will be coming out with a full schedule for all 11 recruits later today sometime.

Looking more and more like Canty and Tannor are N. With Canty N, me thinks Robinson is out.

Cam Taylor - N
Andre Hunt - N
Maurice Washington - N - Live on ESPN
Willie Canty - N
Calob Tannor - N
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otito Ogbonnia -
Ken Montgomery - Not sounding as promising as yesterday
Taiyon Palmer -
Jarrett Bell - Live on ESPN
Jalan Robinson -
Javontae Jean-Baptiste - OSU

Reactions: WHCSC
If I had to pick between Tannor and JJB then Tannor all day long but it sure would be nice to have both..

If I had to pick between Tannor and JJB then Tannor all day long but it sure would be nice to have both..

I hope the rumors with Tannor being N are true because OSU is really after JJB since one of their in-state LBs is going elsewhere.

Unless Frost can beat out Meyer, not looking good for getting him N.

Reactions: davecisar
I hope the rumors with Tannor being N are true because OSU is really after JJB since one of their in-state LBs is going elsewhere.

Unless Frost can beat out Meyer, not looking good for getting him N.
of course he can beat out Meyer. Pfffff.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
If we land 5-6 of the 11 it will be solid. I want
Washington
tannor
Bell
canty
Otito
jJB
Taylor

giphy.gif

Can't wait for the dust to settle. I can't keep track of this any more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT