Wealth Tax

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I suppose if he is going bankrupt he would have plenty of losses for tax purposes. He certainly does not live the lifestyle of a bankrupt person though. But maybe he is on the path of bankruptcy.

As far as Forbes, maybe at one time he was pretty wealthy (not as much as he lied to Forbes about though) but I believe because of his debt and pissing off half the country (hurting his profits at his properties) compounded with Covid I think his Forbes number is way down. Doesn't mean he won't lie to them again though.
What are you talking about lie to Forbes? They do that estimate themselves. He claimed he was worth more than what Forbes estimated.

He could break even with tax returns and still grow in wealth via appreciation of real estate. Not hard to believe golf courses lose money. Plenty that go out of business year after year.

Reactions: countrybob

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
What are you talking about lie to Forbes?

Here is the audio:

Last edited:

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017

He's talking about the 80s. He's currently at 2.5 billion. He was about 5 billion when he went into office.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
You just don't understand how this all works. Great for you that you rose out of the bottom 165 million. Yay for you.

There will always be a bottom 165 million you just displaced somebody else. Kids starve while 50 people at the top have more wealth than they will ever know what to do with. The same wealth as the bottom half of our country. With that wealth comes way too much influence and power. Those fvckers buy and sell congress.

It sickens me that people like you are OK with kids starving so some rich fvcker can buy his 50th yacht. Then people like you tend to be anti-abortion and want to overpopulate the planet as much as possible so we can have even more starving children. You people are insane.
Yeah you don’t get it.

people what work for their money get to choose what they do with it, wether you like it not.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
I am not wrong, I just don't argue with idiots.

I find it to be a complete waste of time. I am guessing you skipped the whole college thing, amirite?
You are wrong and should live in Russia.

typical idiot democrat who is very good at assuming shit.

damn you’re a moron.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
So no college then?
Who cares idiot. Yes I have a degree but I have found an know way way way smarter people who don’t than I do, who have degrees.
Don’t be an idiot, oh wait your a democrat.

also, live life and quit eating donuts playing fortnight, there is so much more out there man. You are angry and hateful at the way your life is going, you can do better.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Who cares idiot. Yes I have a degree but I have found an know way way way smarter people who don’t than I do, who have degrees.
Don’t be an idiot, oh wait your a democrat.

also, live life and quit eating donuts playing fortnight, there is so much more out there man. You are angry and hateful at the way your life is going, you can do better.
Do you perchance drive around with a confederate flag on the back of your truck?

You have done well for yourself. I can hardly tell you are so gullible that you got conned by Trump. I mean, you learned to type on a computer and everything so you are doing well all things considered.

Reactions: nelsonj22

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
Do you perchance drive around with a confederate flag on the back of your truck?

You have done well for yourself. I can hardly tell you are so gullible that you got conned by Trump. I mean, you learned to type on a computer and everything so you are doing well all things considered.
Yeah ok dud. I have some more by 19 than you ever have.

your stupid insinuations are entertaining though.

keep sending them so I get a laugh.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln

Did you take an idiot snooze or did you run out of one word responses?

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
You just don't understand how this all works. Great for you that you rose out of the bottom 165 million. Yay for you.

There will always be a bottom 165 million you just displaced somebody else. Kids starve while 50 people at the top have more wealth than they will ever know what to do with. The same wealth as the bottom half of our country. With that wealth comes way too much influence and power. Those fvckers buy and sell congress.

It sickens me that people like you are OK with kids starving so some rich fvcker can buy his 50th yacht. Then people like you tend to be anti-abortion and want to overpopulate the planet as much as possible so we can have even more starving children. You people are insane.
Name me one child in the USA who has starved in modern times in this country because there is not enough food for children. Sure, there are miserable parents and "caregivers" who neglect children and don't feed them, but name me one who has starved in this country because there's just no food for them. Just one.

I've done a lot of work in Appalachia, the poorest part of the USA, and there are no "starving" children. There are no pictures in the USA where we see kids with bloated bellies like we see in places like Ethiopia or Somalia. There aren't even scenes like that in most other countries, far poorer than the USA.

We have an extensive system of programs to ensure that everyone in this country has enough to eat, both private and public. We also have child protective services in every state that removes kids who are abused and neglected from these situations.

So let me get this straight. You're concerned with whether children have enough to eat, but as you insinuated above, you have no problem with just killing them for population control?! Damn that's ironic.

You have said a lot of things on this forum and some of it I gave consideration to. But this kids in the USA starving thing you're saying now eliminates any chance that anything you say has any credibility at all.

Last edited:

countrybob

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2003
You know I like you as a poster Bob so I will be honest with you and say no, college is not a measure of succes. But don't tell that other guy I don't like him.
What I am trying to say is do you feel that a college degree required for someone to become successful? When I read your responses that is what I felt you were saying.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
What I am trying to say is do you feel that a college degree required for someone to become successful? When I read your responses that is what I felt you were saying.
I know that is what it sounded like I was saying but I don't really feel that way. I was trying to get under that other guy's skin.

Now we have to stop this conversation you are blowing my cover.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
You asked about Trump lying to Forbes and I posted links proving it. I never said the proof was current.

Safe to assume he still does it, no? You think Trump is now an honest person or something?
I don't think he's honest but we were talking about how much Trump was worth. Trump allegedly lying to Forbes in the 80s is irrelevant. Point was Forbes doesn't rely on what the individual tells them anymore (apparently they did back then).

Reactions: philosophusker

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I don't think he's honest but we were talking about how much Trump was worth. Trump allegedly lying to Forbes in the 80s is irrelevant. Point was Forbes doesn't rely on what the individual tells them anymore (apparently they did back then).
I hear you. I was just using it as precedent. I don't really know how Forbes does it now I just knew at one time they actually trusted the rich folks to self-report, which was nuts.

Did you listen to the audio? Pretty funny.

Reactions: Jim14510

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I hear you. I was just using it as precedent. I don't really know how Forbes does it now I just knew at one time they actually trusted the rich folks to self-report, which was nuts.

Did you listen to the audio? Pretty funny.
I didnt get a chance. Will try to remember later.

SantaBarbaraSker

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Where ever my wife tells me to be.
I mean, Gates would be just fine. He made like $30B in one year. Or like Musk who made that in day a few days ago.

But, I'm not a big fan of a wealth tax. Mainly because I don't think the government should ever tax you more than you made in that one year.

I am for a really high income tax over a certain level. Like for every dollar you make over $1M you're taxed at 50%. Every dollar over $5M 60%, 10M/70%, 25M/80%, 50M/90%.

Something like that.

LOL...Love how folks don’t get it’s going to be passed on to the little guy in most cases. You’re essentially in favor of taxing yourself, and push more $ overseas when you tax the producers. But hey, you get the illusion of sticking it to the man....so you got that going for you.

Latest posts