ADVERTISEMENT

We will crush the Puffs

just freakin win. Don’t care how or by how much. They have some serious top tier talent. We just have to be a better team, get in their heads and watch the penalties and panic pile up.

Reactions: king_kong_
As bad as the Puffs look, there is no reason we shouldn't win that one by at least 3 TD's.
Mrw GIF

• Haha
Reactions: shocksker
The fact that Colorado only scored 31 is not a ringing endorsement for their offense that's supposed to be so elite.
They aren’t that great. If you’re not leaving Horn and Hunter with 20 yards of separation between them and the nearest defender like NDSU continued to do they don’t have those explosive plays. Will they have a couple each game? Yes. Will a really good defense be able to contain them? Absolutely. They have nobody but Sanders, Horn and Hunter and their D is not good. Anything but a solid Husker win is a complete disappointment.

What has changed on defense??? I mean, it is pretty much the same D.
A year in the system under their belt.

Nash supposedly slimmed down, which is questionable for Big Ten play but an absolute positive against CU.

I like having an experienced NFL db coach for both scheming and helping with in-game adjustments.

This is a game where James Williams could shine. He didn't play against CU last year. 3rd and long, see qb, get qb Mr. Williams.

I expect Butler, Princewill, Lenhardt, Van Poppel, to be improved.

Possible guys like Shavers or McGahee could be turned loose in certain pass certain situations.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
A year in the system under their belt.

Nash supposedly slimmed down, which is questionable for Big Ten play but an absolute positive against CU.

I like having an experienced NFL db coach for both scheming and helping with in-game adjustments.

This is a game where James Williams could shine. He didn't play against CU last year. 3rd and long, see qb, get qb Mr. Williams.

I expect Butler, Princewill, Lenhardt, Van Poppel, to be improved.

Possible guys like Shavers or McGahee could be turned loose in certain pass certain situations.
Do you think we see a game plan with Williams, Prince and Robinson at NT, to get the most speed possible?

Yes.
What is better?
Since we last played CU?
QB, RB,WR,G,C,DT,NT,DE,OLB.......
Not sure our safety amd CB are better. Newsome was good and likely a downgrade.
Omar Brown was pretty solid and likely downgrade. Other side of DB Singleton and Hill are likely better than they were this time last year.
They are likely improved too......going to be fun.

Reactions: headcard
Do you think we see a game plan with Williams, Prince and Robinson at NT, to get the most speed possible?
Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised to see Van Poppel or Lenhardt inside on 3rd and long. Williams and Butler outside. Princewill at OLB. That is what I would do.

What has changed on defense??? I mean, it is pretty much the same D.
There are 2 ways to get better as a team:

1. Get better players (our D is starting the same players as last year, our O appears to have upgraded at QB, WR and LG)

2. Coach them to play like better players (we are largely hanging our hats here)

Time will tell if our staff is up to the challenge!

1. Get better players (our D is starting the same players as last year, our O appears to have upgraded at QB, WR and LG)

2. Coach them to play like better players (we are largely hanging our hats here)

You could maybe make an argument that NU got a little worse at LBer too.

I think the extra year of S & C along with the comments you make will play dividends. I'm still nervous about having so many seasoned players returning that have done nothing but lose for 4-5-6 years.

I do think, other than the QBs, this team has done an awful lot of hard hitting in the spring and fall they should be ready to be physical from the first snap. I recall about 10 days ago Donovan Raiola and Rhule appeared to be very impressed how physical NU was in that 9 on 7 drill. That has to be a good thing when the coaches are impressed.

I've already edited this post a couple times, but I'm reminded of the NU defense in 1983 where we were a sieve. Nearly every player returned on defense the next year, and NU had the top rated defense in the country. Not likely, but also not unprecidented.

Last edited:
Crushing the "Puffs" would mean we win by 56 points today. Do you think that will happen? Highly doubtful. We are 2 injuries away from being 5-7 again this year.
Colorado will play us like it's their Superbowl. Will we?

Same comment 80 percent of the board is making. We had a top 15 defense with terrible qb play. We finished 2nd in the conference in yards per game with terrible qb play. We aren't going to have terrible qb play anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT