ADVERTISEMENT

We will beat the Hawkeyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there that is.
And there that is, what? We don't go over to the hogeye board and post at all especially during our team's game. That would really be like loserish and pathetic, just like you.

It pains me to say it, but passing game will decide this one. Wasn't overly impressed with NU's run D in this one. Iowa runs well and defends the run well. NU can get guys open, can they get them the ball? Tommy's mechanics were horrid on Sat. Got away with it for the first stretch, then it bit him for 3 INTs in rapid succession.

Reactions: jlb321
Barely any team has looked consistent this year, it's an odd year for football and the ones who survive the most will be in.

On that regard, I still like is vs. Iowa, but maybe it's the koolaid buzz.

Iowa is beatable, but we'll need a good, steady effort the whole game.

If you are an Iowa fan and were posting on the Husker Board during your game vs. Minnesota, you're effing weird.
That's exactly why I started the thread. Wanted to see how many I could get, but the ones that showed were actually pretty cool

Really thought Iowa had a hard time stopping the minnesota running game. Don't believe D is their strength.

Really thought Iowa had a hard time stopping the minnesota running game. Don't believe D is their strength.
It has been hit or miss. What is different about this team than some of our more recent teams, is that the offense is built to score rather than stall (although they have demonstrated that ability in key situitions as well). Fortunately they were able to bail out the D last night.

I believe Iowa fans are giving Nebraska more respect than vice versa ... ridiculous
they are a top 5, top 10 team

we will be underdogs, will have to play extremely well, avoid mistakes and possibly get some help from Iowa to win

talk is cheap, if everyone proclaiming that Nebraska is going to win had to wager a months pay on the game, almost all would bet Iowa

GBR!!!

Reactions: cecilB
I believe Iowa fans are giving Nebraska more respect than vice versa ... ridiculous

we will be underdogs, will have to play extremely well, avoid mistakes and possibly get some help from Iowa to win

talk is cheap, if everyone proclaiming that Nebraska is going to win had to wager a months pay on the game, almost all would bet Iowa

GBR!!!

I Agree, TA will have to pay like he did in Minnesota and MSU games and not make questionable decisions. Bethard hardly makes bad plays and Iowa defense is still better than ours.
Iowa will have more pressure to win and Nebraska can play the game with nothing to lose and every thing to gain.

We are getting hot right around the time Iowa is cooling off. I hope they remain unbeaten by the time they make their way to Lincoln as our path to the west is already closed. Hawkeye tears will taste better than thanksgiving dinner
No idea how you can come up with Iowa is cooling off, they keep winning and winning but haters gonna hate.

You do have that impressive 2 game winning streak going for you even though one of the wins is questionable.

Nobody I mean nobody on the Iowa board is thinking they will lose this game.

No idea how you can come up with Iowa is cooling off, they keep winning and winning but haters gonna hate.

You do have that impressive 2 game winning streak going for you even though one of the wins is questionable.

As you shouldn`t. So why the need to come here and talk crap?

GBR!!!

We are growing as a team and you can see it. Iowa's schedule hasn't prepared them for what our offense will bring. We will put pressure on them from the air and on the ground like they haven't seen yet this season. And our defense will put the brakes to their running game while our back four is finally coming together. Iowa is very well capable of winning but we are very capable of putting a beating on Iowa if we play with passion.

And that will be your undoing.

We are growing as a team and you can see it. Iowa's schedule hasn't prepared them for what our offense. We will put pressure on them from the air and on the ground like they haven't seen yet this season. And our defense will put the brakes to their running game while our back four is finally coming together. Iowa is very well capable of winning but we are very capable of putting a beating on Iowa if we play with passion.

again, Nebr has a chance, but if you were forced to wager a months pay on the game ... you would bet Iowa

talk is cheap .... anyone who is capable of analyzing facts without getting emotional would pick Iowa to win .... doesn't mean Neb can't win just that the odds point to Iowa

We are growing as a team and you can see it. Iowa's schedule hasn't prepared them for what our offense will bring. We will put pressure on them from the air and on the ground like they haven't seen yet this season. And our defense will put the brakes to their running game while our back four is finally coming together. Iowa is very well capable of winning but we are very capable of putting a beating on Iowa if we play with passion.

Indiana offense you could say is better than ours at least the stats can back me up. But over all team and playing in Lincoln is much tougher than winning in Bloomington IND.

TCU-23 KU 16...okay?
Ok St 30 UT-27...okay?
Ok St 36 KSU 34...okay?
Ok St 33 WV 26...okay?
I take it somebody hates Okie State? Iowa hasn't exactly beat the crap out of anyone on their schedule. The original point being they should be ranked behind the Cowboys.

After looking very ordinary last night to a team we beat by 3 1/2 TDs, I can see why you are confident. Eek

Questionable win? Only a dope that doesn't know the rules would say something so moronic.

again, Nebr has a chance, but if you were forced to wager a months pay on the game ... you would bet Iowa

talk is cheap .... anyone who is capable of analyzing facts without getting emotional would pick Iowa to win .... doesn't mean Neb can't win just that the odds point to Iowa

First of I'm not a gambling fool dumb enough to put my family's money on a bet. Secondly I'm about 95% positive we will win. The only way they win is if we mentally pull a Northwestern type game. Even though we had some bone headed plays at the end of the second quarter against Purdue you can see a whole different body language of the team. I would be shocked to see us revert back to pre Michigan State.

Good. I will laugh my ass even more if we beat you. You insecurity and obsession continues to show. Typical Hogeye

Because they are typical Hogeye fan, just like the Geico commercial says "It's what they do."

OK, we get it, you love using the word "hogeye." But can someone please tell me where this goofy word comes from? A B-movie? A Gallagher or Carrot Top bit? An ad from Walmart or Sonic? Please tell me where this stupid word came from!

First of I'm not a gambling fool dumb enough to put my family's money on a bet. Secondly I'm about 95% positive we will win. The only way they win is if we mentally pull a Northwestern type game. Even though we bad some bone headed plays at the end of the second quarter against Purdue you can see a whole different body language of the team. I would be shocked to see us revert back to pre Michigan State.

if you are 95% certain Neb wins then you are idiot for not betting as you will be getting points as well .. you are depriving your family of some serious $ and a better future by not parlaying your vast football knowledge into $ ... very few things in this world are more certain than 95% ...

we get rolled if we play like we did at Rutgers .. TA gave them 14 points and did his best to give them more

I don't think either team is as good/ bad as their record suggests. I'm guessing the line will be about a field goal. Pretty foolish game to be confident in either way IMO.

OK, we get it, you love using the word "hogeye." But can someone please tell me where this goofy word comes from? A B-movie? A Gallagher or Carrot Top bit? An ad from Walmart or Sonic? Please tell me where this stupid word came from!
I have been calling them that forever, ones that I know personally, hate it like a bull seeing red. That's why I say it. Most Husker fans I know from Omaha, have used that for years. We know how much it pisses them off.

if you are 95% certain Neb wins then you are idiot for not betting as you will be getting points as well .. you are depriving your family of some serious $ and a better future by not parlaying your vast football knowledge into $ ... very few things in this world are more certain than 95% ...

we get rolled if we play like we did at Rutgers .. TA gave them 14 points and did his best to give them more

Go put your money on whoever you want. I'll put my money on my kids.

I have been calling them that forever, ones that I know personally, hate it like a bull seeing red. That's why I say it. Most Husker fans I know from Omaha, have used that for years. We know how much it pisses them off.

I have to admit, if I were a Hawkeye fan, anywhere from 7-12 years old, I would be steaming mad..

Sounds like a sig bet to me.

Go put your money on whoever you want. I'll put my money on my kids.

nothing you invest ... 401K, etc is more sure than 95% ...

talk is cheap .... if you had to bet a months salary you would bet Iowa and you know it

I'll take my Huskers straight up... i don't need any points. One year sig bet.

Good. I will laugh my ass even more if we beat you. You insecurity and obsession continues to show. Typical Hogeye
3 weeks ago all of Husker Nation was selling their tickets, they were done with this team.

You beat Rutgers and now you feel you can shock the world and beat Iowa.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT