ADVERTISEMENT

We will be playing an NFL team on Saturday according to Urban Meyer

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
From OWH:

Even if Nebraska has stepped its game up, Day and Ohio State aren’t changing their approach. Meyer, who now serves as the lead analyst on Fox’s Big Noon College Football show, knows.

“It’s an NFL roster,” Meyer said on the show last week. “I sat there going through, every player on their roster, offense, defense, will be in the NFL. Think about that.”

Reactions: TheBeav815
Every player will be in the NFL? Cancel the season and give the bucknuts the trophy.

That's what the man said. Of course he also said that Bo Pelini had stocked us up with talent real well before beating us 63-3 or whatever it was.

From OWH:

Even if Nebraska has stepped its game up, Day and Ohio State aren’t changing their approach. Meyer, who now serves as the lead analyst on Fox’s Big Noon College Football show, knows.

“It’s an NFL roster,” Meyer said on the show last week. “I sat there going through, every player on their roster, offense, defense, will be in the NFL. Think about that.”

He could be right. The same thing could also be said about Alabama and Clemson.

The odds we'll make OSU look like an NFL team on Saturday?

Sounds like Meyer is trying to set expectations low so we don't look bad if we're blown out.

Their offense will be ridiculous - slight step back at RB though as Dobbins was a monster. Defense will take a few games to gel but they still of course have better players than the rest of the B10.

We are going to get our asses handed to us on a platter. But I am ok with that to an extent. I am not ok with it because it means we are not anywhere near them yet. But I am ok with losing big because we are nowhere near them yet. But nobody else in the B1G is near them either. I am glad they are our first game. Get the carnage out of the way early. Then move on to what I think will be a surprisingly successful season.

tOSU pretty much is an NFL farm team, no doubt about that. I would like to hope that Nebraska could hang tough like two years ago, but I think the game will be much like last year. :(

tOSU pretty much is an NFL farm team, no doubt about that. I would like to hope that Nebraska could hang tough like two years ago, but I think the game will be much like last year. :(
after watching dozens and dozens of other college fb programs in their first games after this topsy turvy offseason i think it would be a bad idea to go into any game with a ton of confidence of how the game will play out. these programs have had different amounts of strength and conditioning time; different amounts of practice time; different amounts of absences due to covid and totally busted up offseason work. we have seen a lot of weird games with weird results this season especially in teams' first games. other than clemson and alabama every other program has been prone to occasional very close games and losses.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Were they not an NFL roster in 2018?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Every player will be in the NFL? Cancel the season and give the bucknuts the trophy.
A year ago they could have beaten us by 100 in our home stadium. We then lost all of our top defensive players and our only true wr. We have a qb battle between one of the statistically worst qbs in the conference and a freshman who isn't allowed to throw unless it is a trick play. I think Day likes Frost, wants him to stick around so he will take the foot off the pedal.

Reactions: 19Football19
A year ago they could have beaten us by 100 in our home stadium. We then lost all of our top defensive players and our only true wr. We have a qb battle between one of the statistically worst qbs in the conference and a freshman who isn't allowed to throw unless it is a trick play. I think Day likes Frost, wants him to stick around so he will take the foot off the pedal.

Sick

Not so sure about their defense, but their offense is totally ridiculous. That OL is the best in the country and maybe the best in OSU history. I looked up their starting OL and all but LT Munford (4-star) were 5 stars in at least one service at one time or another. Their defense, however, has some holes to fill but it sure is nice doing it with former 4 & 5 star recruits. I think NU can put some points on the board Saturday

after watching dozens and dozens of other college fb programs in their first games after this topsy turvy offseason i think it would be a bad idea to go into any game with a ton of confidence of how the game will play out. these programs have had different amounts of strength and conditioning time; different amounts of practice time; different amounts of absences due to covid and totally busted up offseason work. we have seen a lot of weird games with weird results this season especially in teams' first games. other than clemson and alabama every other program has been prone to occasional very close games and losses.
I just don't feel like I can trust your opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT