ADVERTISEMENT

"We Weren't Ready..."

I may start to tune back in to these press conferences for the unintentional comedy

Quotation-Abraham-Lincoln-Better-to-remain-silent-and-be-thought-a-fool-than-17-60-74.jpg

2 weeks to prepare, and the best line you can think of is, we weren't prepared... ouch. I did comment on his Thursday (?) press conference that he did not look confident; he appeared very nervous. It showed on Saturday.
He plays tight. He probably knew IU was going to kick our ass. Our defense folded like a $10 pup tent in 80mph straight line wind.

The best teams across the nation and across history were built inside out on the offensive and defensive lines. Since TO retired over 25 years ago there have been 3-4 years of adequate offensive line play and 9-10 years of adequate defensive line play and I don't think we ever had both in the same year. When you have top 10 line play (or even top 25 at this point) everything at least has a chance to work, and when you don't, nothing works consistently.

I'd rather go pure speed at this point. What's the point in having a bigger receiver who can't block? I'd like to see Lloyd, Barney, Carter Nelson, hell Coleman couldn't be worse than what we've had and just get some team speed on the field.
Hard for me to admit this, but 100% agree with your assessment. 100% speed and youngsters. Let them just go run around and make plays. What is it going to hurt? The other guys aren't doing shit. Try to mix in Bullock as well just to get some decent blocking, but disguise it.

“That predates us”

You just got beat 56-7 by a program that over the previous 3 years won fewer games than the team you currently coach. By a head coach in his first year who has never been a head coach or coordinator at a major college program. The same can be said for Cignetti’s coordinators in regards to prior experience

Cignetti, and his off and defense coordinators without any prior major college coaching experience at the coordinator level made Rhule, Satt and White look like clowns

The score was 28-7 at the half and IU’s QB couldn’t go in the 2nd half and you git your ass lit up by the backup 28-0

No one wants to hear what you think predates you

“That predates us”

You just got beat 56-7 by a program that over the previous 3 years won fewer games than the team you currently coach. By a head coach in his first year who has never been a head coach or coordinator at a major college program. The same can be said for Cignetti’s coordinators in regards to prior experience

Cignetti, and his off and defense coordinators without any prior major college coaching experience at the coordinator level made Rhule, Satt and White look like clowns

The score was 28-7 at the half and IU’s QB couldn’t go in the 2nd half and you git your ass lit up by the backup 28-0

It sounds like he's trying to shift the blame somewhere else.

Get rid of him, don't care if it's only been two years. It's not like NU doesn't have a track record of wasting money.

He's in over his head. The fact that Satt is still in the building tells me everything.

Go get the only guy who can turn this around or get fat man who knows how to win in this league or Chadwell, cause that's the offense I want to see here.

Get rid of him, don't care if it's only been two years. It's not like NU doesn't have a track record of wasting money.

He's in over his head. The fact that Satt is still in the building tells me everything.

Go get the only guy who can turn this around or get fat man who knows how to win in this league or Chadwell, cause that's the offense I want to see here.
Take heart.

It's almost year 3.

That's when we will magically stop looking like shit for some unexplainable reason.

He'll get a third year with staff changes. Especially with his buy-out.

My favorite was (paraphrasing) "This team we're playing this week, if we're not ready they'll beat our faces in."

Uh, that happened last week Coach.

Look, I'm not going to jump on the hating all the coaches bandwagon. Bitching does no good. I really hated Frost, kinda hated Pelini, didn't like Riley.... I like Rhule and I want him to succeed. What the hell was he supposed to say this week? Almost anything he gets up there and says he'll be crucified for.

“That predates us”

Then why are the players that have that predates him that have confidence issues starting?

Reactions: regionsdoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT