ADVERTISEMENT

We should go Independent

You are obsessed with politics and you are wrong about this league. We aren’t trying to change the rules, the league is constantly changing the rules and making new ones to appease a couple other schools. The B1G is corrupt and we don’t fit, never have never will.
The B10 is corrupt. What the hell are you talking about? See what Fox news has done to this country? If something happens in this world that you don't like, it must mean someone is corrupt I guess? Inane.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
The B10 is corrupt. What the hell are you talking about? See what Fox news has done to this country? If something happens in this world that you don't like, it must mean someone is corrupt I guess? Inane.
just curious - does corruption not exist?

Reactions: headcard
How the hell do you drag politics into this. And yes the conference with child rapist, sex predators trainers and institutional racism is corrupt.

We wanted to come to this league. We made fun of Mizzou cause we got in and they didn't. We laughed at our B12 brethern on our way out the door. We wanted in.....now, kind of like Democrats are acting with the ACB thingy.....we want to change the rules because it's not going the way we want. I'm not a fan of complaining about this league and stating we want out. That is only going to make it worse.

FYI, I was one of maybe, and I mean maybe, 10 posters who said this move was a bad idea when we made the decision to move . We over reacted (IE tantrum) in the Big 12 because we invented new ways to choke against Texas. If we were 8-1 instead of 1-8 we prolly stay.

If we pout our way out of this league we will never repair our reputation of cry babies who quit when they can't win.

Stay here. Stop whining...and win some damn games. Long term, that is the best route.
No.

I've always been against the move to this conference and stated it was going to be like putting a nail in the coffin for the football program.

The Big 12 would take us back in a heartbeat.

Things would slowly return to where they used to be, and while some people might make a joke about it (they already are) but people would quickly forget about it.

Staying in this conference only now sets the table for more drama. The kind we don't really want.

Time to get out.

Last edited:
You aren’t paying attention at all are you?
I get it - Nebraska got picked on in their old conference and now is in the new conference. Why does this happen to just Nebraska? Why not Oklahoma? Why not Iowa State? Or the others that left the old conference - like A&M, Colorado, or Missouri. Are they getting picked on in their new conferences?

I get it - Nebraska got picked on in their old conference and now is in the new conference. Why does this happen to just Nebraska? Why not Oklahoma? Why not Iowa State? Or the others that left the old conference - like A&M, Colorado, or Missouri. Are they getting picked on in their new conferences?
Sometimes it is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it.

You might want to remember that.

Make bank off a bunch of home games and bowl games.

I bet we could secure a home and home with Notre Dame long term.

This was born out of anger. Not any logistics or reality..lol
if this deciuson was made in the 90's we would be ok. Realistci we have disappeared from the collee football landscape. your can't have 3 losing seasons and have any relavance .

Fancy way of saying you don’t have an answer.
Nope just some friendly advice, for a clueless friend.

Nebraska doesn’t claim to have been “picked on” in the Big 12, that is some serious revisionist history. Nebraska left the Big 12 because the conference was not stable. Texas wanted to start their own network and wouldn’t agree to equal revenue sharing, which pissed off several schools, who began looking around. Missouri was the most vocal and we (TO) asked them point blank if they would commit to staying and they would not. We could not be left out in the cold when the conference fell apart, so we jumped on the offer from the B1G. There were 4 schools that left at the same time, there was a valid reason and it wasn’t about being “picked on”. The fact that this conference has absolutely been terrible for us doesn’t change that. As for if Colorado, aTm and Mizzou are happy in their new conferences, only they could answer that. However, I don’t recall any of them being asked to join as “Junior Members”, don’t recall any of them being crucified by their fellow conference mates for wanting to play football, don’t recall their conference mates choosing to not play them, don’t recall their conference from blocking them from playing.

But you were saying.....

So, just to be clear, the Big 12 had it out for Nebraska and so does the B1G. Whatever the conference - Nebraska is the common denominator. Why is that?
Maybe because we are Nebraskans and we don’t waiver. People thought our founding fathers were cry babies too. But they just wanted liberty and stuff. We just want fair football. So F off Michael Wilbon

Nope just some friendly advice, for a clueless friend.

Texas wanted to start their own network and wouldn’t agree to equal revenue sharing, which pissed off several schools, who began looking around.

Nebraska wasn't sharing revenue equally either, IIRC.

I guess the problem with being independant is if conferances shut us out of playing thier teams, I know NU can sell out in lincoln, but if they can't play teams in the big swc acc pac...it would cut alot...and Im not sure about getting a tv contract

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Make bank off a bunch of home games and bowl games.

I bet we could secure a home and home with Notre Dame long term.

This was born out of anger. Not any logistics or reality..lol
Not possible without suffering a big financial loss or even from a practical stand point for the other sports. Just remember without the B1G monies we can't ever afford to keep up with the facilities arms race.

So yes it's OK to complain and vent about the B1G when it mistreats Nebraska (I do frequently) BUT the bottom line is that we're in the right conference for us and leaving it would make no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT