ADVERTISEMENT

We should go Independent

giphy.gif

Start the "BIGREDNETWORK". Think of all the viewers in Scottsbluff, Kearney, Crete, and Valentine. we would be raking in all the dough from subcribers and advertising. The money would dwarf the contract from the Shit10.

We'd disappear from the CFB landscape like a fart in the wind......horrible idea. Not sure what planet some of our fans are living on when it comes to this topic, because we are not going anywhere and talking about it ain't winning any friends in the neighborhood (B1G)
Going Independent doesn't make a bit of sense and everyone knows it.

But winning friends in the B1G? GTFO with that nonsense. This corrupt league has done noting but dick us over since day 1.

Make bank off a bunch of home games and bowl games.

I bet we could secure a home and home with Notre Dame long term.

This was born out of anger. Not any logistics or reality..lol

Forget About It... Never did or will ever happen..

But winning friends in the B1G? GTFO with that nonsense. This corrupt league has done noting but dick us over since day 1.

We wanted to come to this league. We made fun of Mizzou cause we got in and they didn't. We laughed at our B12 brethern on our way out the door. We wanted in.....now, kind of like Democrats are acting with the ACB thingy.....we want to change the rules because it's not going the way we want. I'm not a fan of complaining about this league and stating we want out. That is only going to make it worse.

FYI, I was one of maybe, and I mean maybe, 10 posters who said this move was a bad idea when we made the decision to move . We over reacted (IE tantrum) in the Big 12 because we invented new ways to choke against Texas. If we were 8-1 instead of 1-8 we prolly stay.

If we pout our way out of this league we will never repair our reputation of cry babies who quit when they can't win.

Stay here. Stop whining...and win some damn games. Long term, that is the best route.

We wanted to come to this league. We made fun of Mizzou cause we got in and they didn't. We laughed at our B12 brethern on our way out the door. We wanted in.....now, kind of like Democrats are acting with the ACB thingy.....we want to change the rules because it's not going the way we want. I'm not a fan of complaining about this league and stating we want out. That is only going to make it worse.

FYI, I was one of maybe, and I mean maybe, 10 posters who said this move was a bad idea when we made the decision to move . We over reacted (IE tantrum) in the Big 12 because we invented new ways to choke against Texas. If we were 8-1 instead of 1-8 we prolly stay.

If we pout our way out of this league we will never repair our reputation of cry babies who quit when they can't win.

Stay here. Stop whining...and win some damn games. Long term, that is the best route.
Nice post, and bonus points for ALWAYS bringing politics. Don't let your guard down lest someone start thinking you're here for the football talk.

I was excited about the move but hindsight is 20/20...
As Jack on LOST said so elegantly... "We need to go back!".
We can't progress and win games if we aren't allowed to play games.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I want us out and I think most of us here do as well. Sure we’d lose tv money but let’s face it, we’ll never be better than 4th favorite child at best. I’d honestly go back to the B12 or even Pac-10 even though they don’t care about football. Those two are the only viable options. I’m telling you guys, we will never see eye to eye with the commies that govern this conference. And we’ll always lose the battle.

We considered that, but someone warned us that North Dakota State might invade our stadium, turn it John Deere green and gold, and absolutely kick our ass.

If that was you, thanks for the head's up!

You are obsessed with politics and you are wrong about this league. We aren’t trying to change the rules, the league is constantly changing the rules and making new ones to appease a couple other schools. The B1G is corrupt and we don’t fit, never have never will.

They need to reolace the "greatest fans in college football
Nice post, and bonus points for ALWAYS bringing politics. Don't let your guard down lest someone start thinking you're here for the football talk.

You have me confused with somebody else. I don't "always" bring politics into the discussion, but when I do you know what side of the isle I fall on, perhaps that is what bothers you about my post? I pointed out the similarities and it hit to close to home?

I thought it was a great analogy.

You are obsessed with politics and you are wrong about this league. We aren’t trying to change the rules, the league is constantly changing the rules and making new ones to appease a couple other schools. The B1G is corrupt and we don’t fit, never have never will.

If we agreed to these rules, and now we're whining about them and wanting to do something we or the league didn't agree to....what is that called exactly? I call it wanting to change the rules.

• Haha

I'm right there with ya.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Oh, I get it, all Iowa fans must be in the KKK...by that same logic all Nebraska fans must be married to their cousin.
iowa logic on full display.

one minor difference, here: the racism has been proven, and admitted to via the firing of your best public employee.

best get back to the trough, iowa fan. slop's running low.

iowa logic on full display.

one minor difference, here: the racism has been proven, and admitted to via the firing of your best public employee.

best get back to the trough, iowa fan. slop's running low.
Best get back to finding an opponent you may actually beat...you should be thanking Wisconsin for saving you from another beating this week.

• Haha
Agreed, this is an exhibition season at best.
so, is it an exhibition? or should we be worried about finding opponents we can beat?

0-2 for you on saturday. tell yourself what you need in order to keep wearing that daisy yellow while accusations continue to surround your putrid program, its pathetic leader and his racist pig boy son.

So, just to be clear, the Big 12 had it out for Nebraska and so does the B1G. Whatever the conference - Nebraska is the common denominator. Why is that?

Last edited:
so, is it an exhibition? or should we be worried about finding opponents we can beat?

0-2 for you on saturday. tell yourself what you need in order to keep wearing that daisy yellow while accusations continue to surround your putrid program, its pathetic leader and his racist pig boy son.
All stupid insults aside, I really think it should be considered an exhibition season (thought this before Iowa loss). With all the week to week uncertainty I just don’t see how any fan base can get to high or low about a win or loss when your team or the other team could be missing a key player or several. Honestly if it was looked at as an exhibition season you would probably be playing on Saturday because Wisconsin wouldn’t be so worried about a potential loss with a 4th string qb...why not still play and call it a JV game and only let Freshmen and Sophomores play and develop some young players?

All stupid insults aside, I really think it should be considered an exhibition season (thought this before Iowa loss). With all the week to week uncertainty I just don’t see how any fan base can get to high or low about a win or loss when your team or the other team could be missing a key player or several. Honestly if it was looked at as an exhibition season you would probably be playing on Saturday because Wisconsin wouldn’t be so worried about a potential loss with a 4th string qb...why not still play and call it a JV game and only let Freshmen and Sophomores play and develop some young players?
I don’t. Games matter, wins matter, losses matter, regardless of what fat disgusting slob barry alvarez thinks.

Yeah, it would suck to go independent and play games instead of stay in a conference that doesn't let us.
What did Notre Dame do once they saw the writing on the wall with what conferences were doing heading into this season? They bolted (temporarily) for a conference.

We have no idea where we'll really be next fall. Going indy is nuts; for a multitude of reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT