ADVERTISEMENT

We need to move on

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Now that Frost is gone, Nebraska needs to gracefully encourage Trev Alberts to move on, let Mickey finish the year, thank him for his service and pay him for the 2024 season as per contract and get rid of him and Ruud, remove Matt Davison from radio broadcasts, deactivate Osborne's card key in the building and inform any press people publishing quotes from him they will be denied future access, and all involved need to stop thinking about hiring Lance Leipold.

The Nebraska academic administration and athletic department need to realize Nebraska will NEVER be relevant again until they let go of the glory years and all involved and move into this century.

Trev said Nebraska needs to stop living in the past, stop talking about championships, and start talking about executing fundamentals. I thought that sounded great, like a breath of fresh air. And then God damn, everything in the stadium today was all about the 1970-1972 teams and our past.

Can we please let the past go and hire a football staff not connected to Osborne to get us out of this depressing mess?

Riley and Callahan werent connected. But yeah, time to look to the future

Now that Frost is gone, Nebraska needs to gracefully encourage Trev Alberts to move on, let Mickey finish the year, thank him for his service and pay him for the 2024 season as per contract and get rid of him and Ruud, remove Matt Davison from radio broadcasts, deactivate Osborne's card key in the building and inform any press people publishing quotes from him they will be denied future access, and all involved need to stop thinking about hiring Lance Leipold.

The Nebraska academic administration and athletic department need to realize Nebraska will NEVER be relevant again until they let go of the glory years and all involved and move into this century.

Trev said Nebraska needs to stop living in the past, stop talking about championships, and start talking about executing fundamentals. I thought that sounded great, like a breath of fresh air. And then God damn, everything in the stadium today was all about the 1970-1972 teams and our past.

Can we please let the past go and hire a football staff not connected to Osborne to get us out of this depressing mess?
You lost all credibility at blaming Osborne and the stupidity of thinking anybody connected to Nebraska can't coach. Callahan and Reilly failed , was there a connection? No. This idiotic paranoia of anybody connected with the past is too blame for our failures is juvenile.

“encourage Trev Alberts to move on, let Mickey finish the year, thank him for his service and pay him for the 2024 season as per contract and get rid of him and Ruud,”

I don’t know why we need to get rid of Mickey? His odds of becoming the next HC are slim (without Chins), to none (if he keeps Chins). But if he could/would stay as WR Coach that would be fine. Ruud, as well as the rest of the D staff need to be canned at the end of the year.

I heard a good one the other day. To please the football god's and get back, we need to publicly apologize to frank solich for firing him, sacrifice 'lil red on the 50 yard line and bring back the blonde herbie husker.👌
I'm all in with this idea. Need to end this awful curse plus deflate that bouncy bastard!!!

Still blaming Osborne huh? He's had no influence since he retired as AD.

I don't think one can move on from the past...it's who one is...I say let us remember the past...forifyou don't know where you come from you don't know where your going..
I don't blame dr. tom for solich or bo, they both made sence at the time and did half way ok....frost was also one of those that looked ok on paper..but I was against hiring frost due to lack of hc experience, so my hands are clean on that.

I think NU needs to return to running the ball, let us just look to stompings from minn and wisconson for evidence...I know I know many will say "WE HAVE TO BE OF THE PASS HAPPIEST TO BE OHIO STATE"!!!

wwwwrong...again, wwwwrong..
Nebraska needs to be Nebraska, which mean RUN DA BALL...

running the ball does many things,
1. it builds lines......olines should not be dancing in practice to the trendiest music, trying to be pass happy dancers...
instead they are plowing in a forward motion...following the time tested theory of kiss,
KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

2. it's involves clock controll, and the wearing down of the opposing teams, 4th quarter and such..

3. a ground game does wonders to help black shirts learn how to tackle, expecially when you have hetrosexual practices (and spring games) where the 1's vs the 1's..this helps toughen the black shirts..
instead of practicing playing the latest trendy music dance and worrying bout someone breaking a nail...

4. the run sets up the pass, when you can run, then passes start opening up...and you burn the d with a few passes to keep them honest..back them up thus improving the run game..

5. 3% of college players make it to the NFL....thats 97% that don't...to rational people you don't cater to 3%
instead you focus on the 97%...then from that 97% the best rise and make the NFL...
if one disagrees, name me the rodger creig that has come from the pass happy era? or irving fryer, or dave remmington, noonan, shields, or or or.......I contend dr. tom put more folks in the NFL then all of Nebraska's pass happy coaches combined...much more...this is fact, this is reality...

is adrian or tayor going to the nfl? really?

but I need not type anymore, just tune into the wisconson or minn game to see what a running game is..
the gridiron will be the judge...(sad I have to tell Nebraska fans this) good day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT