ADVERTISEMENT

We need to get the right coaches in ASAP we have the talent

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Football IQ is in the gutter from the best athletes on this team. What does that say about the coaching staff? How can Dr. Tom and Nebraska people that "know football" see what Scott Frost is doing and say, "Oh yeah no special teams coach that sounds good. Not important in the overall scheme of things."

We need real coaches. This goes for strength and conditioning as well. Our linemen have no bend or "pop" in their movements outside of a freak like Jurgens. Watch someone like Damien Jackson -- an incredibly strong weight room guy that can put up weight -- try to get off the line of scrimmage. These guys are way too stiff from too much squatting and external rotation of the hips.

Proud of another game we lost that we should have won? Adrian Martinez outplayed Spencer Rattler (and is better looking).

Let me say that again: Adrian Martinez OUTPLAYED SPencer Rattler in Norman, Oklahoma home of the hillbillies and we LOST. If I told you that before the game what would you have said?

That's coaching flat out.

Football IQ is in the gutter from the best athletes on this team. What does that say about the coaching staff? How can Dr. Tom and Nebraska people that "know football" see what Scott Frost is doing and say, "Oh yeah no special teams coach that sounds good. Not important in the overall scheme of things."

We need real coaches. This goes for strength and conditioning as well. Our linemen have no bend or "pop" in their movements outside of a freak like Jurgens. Watch someone like Damien Jackson -- an incredibly strong weight room guy that can put up weight -- try to get off the line of scrimmage. These guys are way too stiff from too much squatting and external rotation of the hips.
No the talent is not there. Huge difference in speed between OU and NU. We are not getting the talent. Bottom line.

Proud of another game we lost that we should have won? Adrian Martinez outplayed Spencer Rattler (and is better looking).

Let me say that again: Adrian Martinez OUTPLAYED SPencer Rattler in Norman, Oklahoma home of the hillbillies and we LOST. If I told you that before the game what would you have said?

That's coaching flat out.

I have been very frustrated with Scott Frost, but we did not get out coached today.

You can’t write off all the good things the team did as then point out the negatives as “coaching”. We played the #3 team in the nation, full of 5-star athletes today, down to the wire. We executed on defense, Chins and Frost both called great games, etc.

I have been very frustrated with Scott Frost, but we did not get out coached today.

You can’t write off all the good things the team did as then point out the negatives as “coaching”. We played the #3 team in the nation, full of 5-star athletes today, down to the wire. We executed on defense, Chins and Frost both called great games, etc.

Just ask yourself the question I posed. If I told you Adrian outplayed Rattler what would you have thought before the game?

That's coaching.

Dumb post. You used two terrible examples. Cam Jurgens loves to pick on the little d backs. Damian Jackson shouldn’t even be playing D1 football.

Reactions: WHCSC
Just ask yourself the question I posed. If I told you Adrian outplayed Rattler what would you have thought before the game?

That's coaching.

I would have thought we had a chance. So you are saying he outplayed him because he was coached better? Or does that not fall under coaching?

Here’s the reality. It’s all coaching, there was a lot of good that led to having a chance to beat a team so much more talented than us. The bad is frustrating, especially the kicking game, but writing off everything else and saying we lost because of coaching is silly. OU was way more talented and our game plan and execution (a big part of coaching) kept us in the game.

You can’t write off all the good things the team did as then point out the negatives as “coaching”. We played the #3 team in the nation, full of 5-star athletes today, down to the wire. We executed on defense, Chins and Frost both called great games,
We were out coached. WE LOST.

The 1st drive alone we came out and had a bunch of pre snap and post snap penalties. Oklahoma was not the reason we couldn't figure out snap count, Oklahoma was not the reason we kept getting unnecessary roughness
Amen sir .. Half this staff is JR high football staff..

Unbelievable starting the game with 30 yards a of penalties..😡

God I hate to say this but this is what a team in the way up looks like. Playing #3 team tough on the road and showing flashes. Team (except ST) trending in right direction and getting better. Problem is it’s year 4. God Domann nailed it in postgame show. Close doesn’t count. What’s missing is between the ears.

Last edited:
We were already outcoached by the time the offense completed their first drive of the game. Holly hell penalities. That is all about coaching up players to be disciplined and fundamentally sound.

Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Add bookmark
Okies. 50’s
Huskers 20’s

This was your prediction. We outperformed your expectations by 23 points and you're still mad? Take a breather bro.
Yeah, enormous fella!

You are a little guy, huh?
You are a little guy, huh?
Little Guy? Old guy, maybe, fat guy possible, but little guy not so much.
Yeah, enormous fella!
if you are using MY predictions as a measuring point. You are truly delusional. I haven’t been close in predicting a score in years. But I DID have them losing. Which they DID. And no ones gonna care about the score at the end of the year if we don’t win 6. What will you say, well well well, yes we didnt make a bowl game. But we only got beat by 7 by Oklahoma. Extend him another year. if he gets to a bowl with a .500 record keep him. If not cut your losses and move on!

Little Guy? Old guy, maybe, fat guy possible, but little guy not so much.

if you are using MY predictions as a measuring point. You are truly delusional. I haven’t been close in predicting a score in years. But I DID have them losing. Which they DID. And no ones gonna care about the score at the end of the year if we don’t win 6. What will you say, well well well, yes we didnt make a bowl game. But we only got beat by 7 by Oklahoma. Extend him another year. if he gets to a bowl with a .500 record keep him. If not cut your losses and move on!
The score matters, if it leads to improvement. I guess we will see. If they play that way against most teams, even with the dumb mistakes, they win. Which seems encouraging since they were losing to everyone…

Reactions: headcard

I'd say the defensive side coaches are just fine. The offense (including Frost himself) however needs to be dismissed if they don't get it together by the end of the season.

Reactions: Fed-Up
I'd say the defensive side coaches are just fine. The offense (including Frost himself) however needs to be dismissed if they don't get it together by the end of the season.
What's the point of saying this? If Frost is going, the defensive coaches are going.

Reactions: Chuck003
I tend to agree with this guy. Probably haven’t felt this way since OSU Frost’s first year, but it how I fell today.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Talent and ability aren't the issues. I know its a broken record, but it goes back to lack of player development, shitty schemes, lack of fundamentals, etc.

A good coach could win 9 or more games with this roster.

Oklahoma has a roster full of 5-stars. They are infinitely more talented than us.

I'm not looking it up, but OU averages 4.2 recruiting stars and Nebraska maybe 3.3. It shows in speed and general athletic ability. Nebraska played tough today, but across the board we were a step slower and weaker.

Reactions: Redinwashington

By all means, please tell us who those real coaches are. Specifics please

That's coaching.
Just ask yourself this question. If we have a kicker do we win that game? Frost called a good game Chin called a fantastic game. There is a talent gap, but there is also progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT